• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zaza Pachulia > Tyson Chandler - Who would have thought?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least half those guys probably won't even be in Minnesota on this date two years from now. Watch.

Same could be said for PHX. It's a PG merry go round here right now. Tension has built between Knight and Bledsoe already so I doubt this backcourt works out long term.

Rubio just signed an extension with Minny, Towns, Lavine, Wiggins and Dieng are all pieces of their future, I doubt they move them. Maybe Muhammed and that's about it.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was a false sense of contending. We were contenders, then we signed a third PG for some reason. Fucked up our whole chemistry. When we already have two PGs capable of scoring 20 a game why would we need a third one capable of doing the exact same thing. Not to mention we have pretty much bombed the majority of our draft picks for the last decade. Kendall Marshall, Tyler Ennis, Allando Tucker, DJ Strawberry, etc.. It's kind of sad to think that statistically Markieff has been one of the better draft picks we've had and he's an immature ass.

This feeds into my point. They wouldn't have signed Thomas if they only won 20 games that year and got a top 5 pick. They would've kept rebuilding, kept Bled-Dragon, had more young talent and probably not burn the chemistry down to the ground.

That's all hindsight though, a lot of people thought the Suns were going to be a playoff team for sure with the 3 headed monster. Even Woj tweeted while at our training camp about how impressed he was and called McDonough a genius. None of this would've happened though if Dragic, Green, Plumlee, etc. all didn't have career years at the same time.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same could be said for PHX. It's a PG merry go round here right now. Tension has built between Knight and Bledsoe already so I doubt this backcourt works out long term.

Rubio just signed an extension with Minny, Towns, Lavine, Wiggins and Dieng are all pieces of their future, I doubt they move them. Maybe Muhammed and that's about it.

Towns is really the only guarantee to still be in Minny two years from now.

Wiggins is not an adept passer at this point. LaVine, while I like him, is still erratic. Dieng is a starting-caliber center they don't really need. Rubio can't shoot and is overpaid. Muhammed is hardly worth even talking about.

How about the Wizards as another example? In spite of the success of former top 3 picks in Wall and Beal, are the guaranteed a playoff spot?

How about the Pelicans with their superstar in Anthony Davis???

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Towns is really the only guarantee to still be in Minny two years from now.

Wiggins is not an adept passer at this point. LaVine, while I like him, is still erratic. Dieng is a starting-caliber center they don't really need. Rubio can't shoot and is overpaid. Muhammed is hardly worth even talking about.

How about the Wizards as another example? In spite of the success of former top 3 picks in Wall and Beal, are the guaranteed a playoff spot?

How about the Pelicans with their superstar in Anthony Davis???

Both teams made the playoffs last year so that's not the greatest example.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
show me anything that predicted a playoff trip for the Suns anytime inthe last 5 years. PLEASE!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are tons of others I could bring up, but Woj rarely tweets out predictions and he forgets more basketball then most people would ever know. Just one of many examples I could bring up.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are tons of others I could bring up, but Woj rarely tweets out predictions and he forgets more basketball then most people would ever know. Just one of many examples I could bring up.

Really doesn't matter how many others say something. If Woj says it, it's legit. Dude is the best in the business.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb comment. No way they move Wiggins. They are building around him & Towns.

They're sure off to a great start as Minnesota's "duo of the future".

Just like Michael Beasley and Kevin Love five years ago. A whole lot of stat-stuffing and a whole lot of losing. I remember I was on the CBS boards when people were hyping those two up and how great a future the Timberwolves had.

At least I can say I told them so.