• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zach Brown visits Redskins tomorrow.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing him could solve two problems. First, we would have a legit ILB, who would be the first sideline-to-sideline guy, since we signed London Fletcher from the Bills, years, ago. Then, we could turn our attention to another position in the draft. Perhaps, we can get another pass-rusher, guard or DE. Getting another DL is a toss-up. I believe we might be fine with Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, Ziggy Hood, and Anthony Lenier might do. We might just get a RB. Who knows. What I do know, signing Zach Brown will give the FO flexibility in the draft.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if compton has not signed his tender this brown move can force compton to sign kind of forceing compton to sign or we move on type thing

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats where we disagree. I think there are two RBs that would be well worth the 17, three if Mixon wasnt an off field concern. I realize that RB is not as valued as it was five or six years ago. But I also think our RB group is average at best, and a true three down back does take this offense to the next level.

I keep hearing that RB is not valued. That's where teams mess up. A good RB does three things for an offense. One, it helps out the QB by opening up big, play-action passes. Two, a good RB can wear down defense and keep it honest. Three, they can help control time of possession. I truly believe the threat of Ezekiel Elliott helped Dak Prescott and the Cowboys offense out in so many ways. I envied that because a true, three-down RB is what we are missing. Matt Jones fumbles, too much. He can't stay healthy and leaves yards on the field. I like Fat Rob. He hits the hole, hard and breaks tackles. However, he leaves yards on the field and does nothing great. Chris Thompson is my favorite, but he needs a pitch-count on carries. Not a full-load guy. We need a three-down RB.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it isn't a good RB that does these things...it is a good OL.

Look at the last half of Dallas last season. McFadden was averaging 120 per game.

I don't care how good the RB is, without the line, he sucks.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing that RB is not valued. That's where teams mess up. A good RB does three things for an offense. One, it helps out the QB by opening up big, play-action passes. Two, a good RB can wear down defense and keep it honest. Three, they can help control time of possession. I truly believe the threat of Ezekiel Elliott helped Dak Prescott and the Cowboys offense out in so many ways. I envied that because a true, three-down RB is what we are missing. Matt Jones fumbles, too much. He can't stay healthy and leaves yards on the field. I like Fat Rob. He hits the hole, hard and breaks tackles. However, he leaves yards on the field and does nothing great. Chris Thompson is my favorite, but he needs a pitch-count on carries. Not a full-load guy. We need a three-down RB.

You preaching to the choir man. I have said all along, I think we need to improve the defense. But I think there are three RBs in this draft worth a first rounder that would do just these things for our offense. Possibly four as McCaffery is growing on me. Give us a RB that teams have to respect and game plan for, and our offense goes from really good.. to down right fucking scary.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flexibility! Hoping it gets done for that reason more than anything. We can find an ILB in the draft, but it would be nice not to have to. Read that Brown doesn't make defensive calls, but could if asked. Wonder how Greg works around that if the deal gets done?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flexibility! Hoping it gets done for that reason more than anything. We can find an ILB in the draft, but it would be nice not to have to. Read that Brown doesn't make defensive calls, but could if asked. Wonder how Greg works around that if the deal gets done?

Simple... resign Compton who DOES make defensive calls.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I think us chasing MLB is in part due to trying to get Compton off the field. I think they like Foster better. Compton got a really low tender. I could be wrong.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I think us chasing MLB is in part due to trying to get Compton off the field. I think they like Foster better. Compton got a really low tender. I could be wrong.

IF thats the case, why tender Compton at all?? I think the low tender is Bruce trying to show how much of a cap genius he is.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was just insurance. Keim wrote that he would expect Brown to start next to Foster. I don't have a problem with Compton if he's paired next to a stud. Ideally though for me, Brown would put in the work to be able to make the calls so Foster could play.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to be hard to compete with the Raiders, more stable franchise, and more cap space.
I think "if" we land Brown -- its another short term deal, and he we should still draft Foster or Reddick.
RB @ 17 goes against what Gruden has preached about the current guys on the roster, and the offense will give up on the run quickly if it starts slow. Its really difficult to gauge this because at the same time, you have a completely different look at WR, where DJax doesn't tip off the pass

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to be hard to compete with the Raiders, more stable franchise, and more cap space.
I think "if" we land Brown -- its another short term deal, and he we should still draft Foster or Reddick.
RB @ 17 goes against what Gruden has preached about the current guys on the roster, and the offense will give up on the run quickly if it starts slow. Its really difficult to gauge this because at the same time, you have a completely different look at WR, where DJax doesn't tip off the pass

This was something I hoped to never hear in my life time.

As for Grudens thoughts on our RBs..... .Im hoping its a smoke screen. Because we got 5 change of pace backs on roster right now, and not a single carry the load guy.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was something I hoped to never hear in my life time.

As for Grudens thoughts on our RBs..... .Im hoping its a smoke screen. Because we got 5 change of pace backs on roster right now, and not a single carry the load guy.

Oakland hit on their last few drafts, got new coaches and with all due respect got a new owner.