• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yzerman On Lemieux's Speaking Out

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see the next article about the person who calls out Yzerman for calling out Mario.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! Mario carries a lot of weight....Jay Caufield better get him back in the training room so mario can once again declare that he is "in the best shape of his life".

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to get stock in fast food restaurants.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Yzerman encourages Lemieux to continue getting involved

and maybe Lemieux can even expand his repertoire to issues that aren't quite so self-serving

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think it's great that guys like Mario and Stevie Y letting their opinions be known, even if you don't necessarily agree with them. What happened the other night crossed the line. I would think every team owner would want to make sure that something like that doesn't happen again, and if it does, the penalty for such actions are much more severe.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and maybe Lemieux can even expand his repertoire to issues that aren't quite so self-serving

I don't think "self-serving" is a fair term....he is part owner of an NHL franchise which does give him an intrest on what goes on around the league...I don't really agree with what he said but I also don't think he can be chastised for speaking out about what he feels needs to be done for the league...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I don't think "self-serving" is a fair term....he is part owner of an NHL franchise which does give him an intrest on what goes on around the league...I don't really agree with what he said but I also don't think he can be chastised for speaking out about what he feels needs to be done for the league...

a bit of a cheap-shot I admit.
it has been mentioned that Lemieux historically has been pretty un-involved in league affairs.
seems convenient that this is the time he chooses to bless us with his wisdom.

if he wants to be involved, terrific. picking your spots seems disingenuous.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
a bit of a cheap-shot I admit.
it has been mentioned that Lemieux historically has been pretty un-involved in league affairs.
seems convenient that this is the time he chooses to bless us with his wisdom.

if he wants to be involved, terrific. picking your spots seems disingenuous.

He said he stays out of the light because it is about the current players and he didnt want to take away from them. As an owner and HOF player, I am sure he figured something needed to be said.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont think the problem is the statement if Mario's interest is cleaning up dirty hits I cant see anyone disagreeing.No one wants to see dirty hits regardless.I think the thing that people have A hard time digesting is Mario writing that statement with the same pen that signs Matt Cookes paycheck.

NullDefault

Generic Comment
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont think the problem is the statement if Mario's interest is cleaning up dirty hits I cant see anyone disagreeing.No one wants to see dirty hits regardless.I think the thing that people have A hard time digesting is Mario writing that statement with the same pen that signs Matt Cookes paycheck.

I think you're totally right about that. If he took a more active role to at least discuss Matt Cooke and how he feels about his play while also criticizing the league fewer people would take issue with his comments.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think it's great that guys like Mario and Stevie Y letting their opinions be known, even if you don't necessarily agree with them. What happened the other night crossed the line. I would think every team owner would want to make sure that something like that doesn't happen again, and if it does, the penalty for such actions are much more severe.

I agree. I hope the owners call out the top execs in the NHL more often because they are the only ones with the power to change things.