• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You're GM.......who would you trade in a rebuild effort?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, let's say that we're well on our way to end another season, with nothing to look forward to except the draft. Hoping that the teams efforts are focused on building first through the draft and with moves that bring added value to that effort. Now you're GM and you're looking through the current roster. You see too many untradeable names but some who could bring nice draft pick (s) or greater talent to your rebuild effort. Who do you trade?

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, let's say that we're well on our way to end another season, with nothing to look forward to except the draft. Hoping that the teams efforts are focused on building first through the draft and with moves that bring added value to that effort. Now you're GM and you're looking through the current roster. You see too many untradeable names but some who could bring nice draft pick (s) or greater talent to your rebuild effort. Who do you trade?

Trade?? :pound: We might get a 7th rounder for Cousins now.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade?? :pound: We might get a 7th rounder for Cousins now.

I believe that you've misunderstood the question. It is not about QB's but rebuilding and moving bodies. Look through our roster and select someone or a few that you would trade for either draft picks or better talent.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that you've misunderstood the question. It is not about QB's but rebuilding and moving bodies. Look through our roster and select someone or a few that you would trade for either draft picks or better talent.

Trade who? Kerrigan is the only player on Defense you could get any value for. Would you trade him?

If you want to pick a name on offense ? Alfred Morris is the only name that could get you something. We are not trading Trent Williams.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we have both established and young talent at WR, I might look to trade Garcon. We could probably get a 2nd for him.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade just about anyone on the roster except for Williams and Kerrigan, maybe Amerson and KRob too. Absolutely no one else on the roster is so important to us that we couldn't trade them.

If we could trade Garcon for a 1st and draft a solid OL, we'd be in better shape than having a crappy OL and Garcon.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade just about anyone on the roster except for Williams and Kerrigan, maybe Amerson and KRob too. Absolutely no one else on the roster is so important to us that we couldn't trade them.

If we could trade Garcon for a 1st and draft a solid OL, we'd be in better shape than having a crappy OL and Garcon.

I don't see us getting a 1st for him. He is very good, but he is not a top receiver. There are at least 10 WRs that rank ahead of him. A 1st only goes to those in the elite class. But I do think a 2nd is realistic. With Ryan Grant looking promising, we could trade Garcon and backfill much of his production.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see us getting a 1st for him. He is very good, but he is not a top receiver. There are at least 10 WRs that rank ahead of him. A 1st only goes to those in the elite class. But I do think a 2nd is realistic. With Ryan Grant looking promising, we could trade Garcon and backfill much of his production.

if all you can get for garcon is a 2nd then you keep him . i dont see anyone on the roster i would trade away

you trade kerrigan then you must keep Rak . now how many of you are up for that ?

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you want an absolute all out rebuild you trade away the older good players. so hatcher would be the guy.
i am not for this.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are going total rebuild, shouldnt the question be who is untradeable/uncuttable??

IN that line of thinking i can name 5 guys who would be must keep players.

Kerrigan
Jackson
Williams
K. Robinson
Amerson (And this one was a push to get to five)

Aside from that in a REAL rebuild, there isnt a jock strap on the roster who couldnt be traded or shouldnt be cut.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we beat Dallas Monday night we have a great chance to be 5-5. So is the season over at 5-5? Dallas has to come down to reality. There is no way they are the best team in the NFC. There is still hope guys. A win Monday night could change everything for us.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we beat Dallas Monday night we have a great chance to be 5-5. So is the season over at 5-5? Dallas has to come down to reality. There is no way they are the best team in the NFC. There is still hope guys. A win Monday night could change everything for us.

Dean... please tell your wife, mom, children or who ever stays with you to hide all sharp objects Monday night. The only question about Monday night is do we simply lose, or get blown out.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. We wont get blown out. We hung with Seattle. I think we can hang with the Cowboys. If we get Romo rattled we could steal a victory. Monday night is the turning point of our season.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Division game guys anything can happen.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if all you can get for garcon is a 2nd then you keep him . i dont see anyone on the roster i would trade away

you trade kerrigan then you must keep Rak . now how many of you are up for that ?

Dad, this was hypothetical. I would not trade Garcon, either.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade who? Kerrigan is the only player on Defense you could get any value for. Would you trade him?

If you want to pick a name on offense ? Alfred Morris is the only name that could get you something. We are not trading Trent Williams.

The Cardinals would be all over possible a Kerrigan trade. But I doubt Washington would trade him because they would never get full value for him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depending on what he would bring in trade......Yep, I would trade Kerrigan and not keep Rak either. I would replace them both with young men who are, unlike either of them, not experimental projects designed to alter what they are drafted to do.

BTW: If I could get a top to mid level 2nd for Garcon he's gone. However, the better choice to trade away would be Jackson and/or Roberts.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont forget garcon is rg3s favorite target before you all go throwing his name out there.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if the goal is to rebuild through the draft and to figure out who can be traded on the team for picks, garçon or Jackson would have to be prime targets. They are both established stars in the league and would garner high picks. We also have a pretty deep squad at WR and could probably survive without one of them. Jackson would probably bring a higher pick, but his skill set is harder to replace. Garcon is more of a possession receiver. between Grant, Roberts, and a few others, we might come close to replicating Garcon's production (he would still be missed). Also, contractually, if he is in the 3rd year of a 5 year deal (I believe) so the timing works out fairly well. Basically, if we got a second or higher, we would be trading Garcon for a rookie starter at S or OL. What we would lose in production from Garcon being gone we would make up for by filling a huge hole we have had for years.

RG3 can develop another favorite receiver. It happens.