• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your top 10 COD maps

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Treyarch guy so I dont have as many Activision maps.

Here are mine.

1. Summit Bops
2. Firing Range Bops
3. Nuketown Bops
4. Hijacked Bops 2
5. Skidrow MW2
6. Slums Bops 2
7. Overgrown MW
8. Estate MW
9. Standoff Bops 2
10. Pipeline MW

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine would be heavily catered to MW, MW2 and COD5 because I played those the most...don't remember a lot of them (other than a couple Mamba named).

My all time favorite was a map from COD2, Tunisia. Best map ever imo.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MW and MW2 had the best maps. Lately, they all turned into maps like Nuketown. I still have no clue why people liked that shit. It was full of little kids running around with rocket launchers and machine guns. There was no real strategy to it at all. I've been extremely disappointed in the last two games and didn't buy this most recent version that came out.

The best maps IMO were:

1. Overgrown
2. Pipeline
3. Estate
4. Creek
5. Derail
6. Quarry
7. Wasteland

I haven't really liked any of their maps since. They've gotten far too small, and part of the reason I've committed all my gaming time to battlefield.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MW and MW2 had the best maps. Lately, they all turned into maps like Nuketown. I still have no clue why people liked that shit. It was full of little kids running around with rocket launchers and machine guns. There was no real strategy to it at all. I've been extremely disappointed in the last two games and didn't buy this most recent version that came out.

The best maps IMO were:

1. Overgrown
2. Pipeline
3. Estate
4. Creek
5. Derail
6. Quarry
7. Wasteland

I haven't really liked any of their maps since. They've gotten far too small, and part of the reason I've committed all my gaming time to battlefield.
Feels like it's been this way since Blops 1. They really constricted the play with the way they have been designing maps for years now. It pretty much takes the sniper out of play (unless you no-scope) and makes a lot of the larger machine guns useless. Even on the "larger maps" you don't have a lot of open area to work with, just corridors and rooms for close-range action. I was a big sniper and assault rifle guy in World At War and the maps for the newer games pretty much forced me to run and gun more.

Here are my favorites:
Cliffside
Upheaval
Castle
Hangar
Roundhouse
Firing Range
Jungle
Grid
Array

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like it's been this way since Blops 1. They really constricted the play with the way they have been designing maps for years now. It pretty much takes the sniper out of play (unless you no-scope) and makes a lot of the larger machine guns useless. Even on the "larger maps" you don't have a lot of open area to work with, just corridors and rooms for close-range action. I was a big sniper and assault rifle guy in World At War and the maps for the newer games pretty much forced me to run and gun more.

Here are my favorites:
Cliffside
Upheaval
Castle
Hangar
Roundhouse
Firing Range
Jungle
Grid
Array

Oh yeah, Array was good as was Cliffside. Some of the World at war maps were great - I forgot about them. I'm also a huge sniper/long range guy. I like fighting in more open spaces or at least bigger maps with strategy. I hate how they basically force you to play one way now (run around and shoot). The snipers in WaW were great, those old bolt action rifles from WWII. But alas, I probably won't be buying COD for a while unless the open up the maps more. Nuketown is literally the definition of why I hate the newer COD games. People love that map and I just can't figure out why.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My least favorites are Dome and Nuketown. Id have to think a bit about my favorites but Im not as hardcore on FPS' as most

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, Array was good as was Cliffside. Some of the World at war maps were great - I forgot about them. I'm also a huge sniper/long range guy. I like fighting in more open spaces or at least bigger maps with strategy. I hate how they basically force you to play one way now (run around and shoot). The snipers in WaW were great, those old bolt action rifles from WWII. But alas, I probably won't be buying COD for a while unless the open up the maps more. Nuketown is literally the definition of why I hate the newer COD games. People love that map and I just can't figure out why.

Yea the only time I ever like playing Nuketown is on sticks and stones. Having open space is what I like in the older "medium" sized maps. You don't need a sniper but it's nice to have a "no-man's land" area where you can look across a decent portion of the map. That's actually probably why Cliffside is my favorite map ever.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Summit and Grid in Black Ops. Bootleg and Seatown in MW3. Drone and Standoff in Black Ops 2 although I didnt play too much of that one.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't start playing Call of Duty until Black Ops. Before then I played Rainbo Six competitively on the MLG Circuit.

I could only come up with 8 maps that I really loved.

1) Nuketown - Bops (hated it on Bops II)
2) Summit - Bops (hated it on Bops II)
3) Firing Range - Bops (hated it on Bops II)
4) Jungle - Bops
5) Mission - MW3
6) Standoff - Bops II
7) Grid - Bops
8) Dome - MW3

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my rental experience, I like Warhawk and Prison Break in Ghosts.