• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Texas Rangers are 2015 AL West Champions!

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When CJ Wilson became a free agent I was in favor of letting him walk. I felt that way because even though he was a valuable contributor during the regular season he was not one in the postseason. He performed poorly in the postseason. I am beginning to wonder if I should start feeling that way about some of our hitters.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre and Giminez are in the lineup today.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say this, but from what I've seen about a month now, Prince seems like a lost cause at this point.

Moreland looks worse than Prince. At least Prince has a couple hits.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreland looks worse than Prince. At least Prince has a couple hits.

You may be right. But all of Prince's hits have been bloops, and Moreland hasn't been as big as stinker for as long as Prince has.

Both of these guys makes me nuts, in that they both know when they use the entire field they are much better players and exponentially more valuable to the team. Yet, they both aren't willing to do so now.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince Fielder is one of the worst deals JD has ever made. Can't play a defensive position. Hits for about half the power the Rangers were hoping for. And makes 24 million dollars a year through 2020. Probably the worse contract in MLB. Yes, even worse than Pujols.

Man did the Tigers sucker us on that one.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right. But all of Prince's hits have been bloops, and Moreland hasn't been as big as stinker for as long as Prince has.

Both of these guys makes me nuts, in that they both know when they use the entire field they are much better players and exponentially more valuable to the team. Yet, they both aren't willing to do so now.

BUT I sure hope both of these guys make a lair outta me this afternoon.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince Fielder is one of the worst deals JD has ever made. Can't play a defensive position. Hits for about half the power the Rangers were hoping for. And makes 24 million dollars a year through 2020. Probably the worse contract in MLB. Yes, even worse than Pujols.

As someone who didn't care for the deal myself let me say that I think you are way overstating things here.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go away.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who didn't care for the deal myself let me say that I think you are way overstating things here.

For a guy north of 30 years old making 24 mil I would prefer more than 23 HRs, maybe occasionally go the other way, and hit some left-handed pitching. Flashing a little leather would be nice too!

If we can't move his contract to some other team (and I'm sure we'd have to eat a pretty penny as well) then the Rangers basically lose a lot of flexibility regarding payroll.

Its all about value and return on investment.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although some of what you say here is true. It's also true without him in the 1st half we wouldn't be in the playoffs. He single-handedly carried us for the 1st half of the year.

Also, as far as power is concerned, he had 98 RBI and this ranks him firmly in the top 20 of the AL this season, and again, had it not been for his 1st half POWER, we wouldn't be listening to your complaining ass right now.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a guy north of 30 years old making 24 mil I would prefer more than 23 HRs, maybe occasionally go the other way, and hit some left-handed pitching. Flashing a little leather would be nice too!

If we can't move his contract to some other team (and I'm sure we'd have to eat a pretty penny as well) then the Rangers basically lose a lot of flexibility regarding payroll.

Its all about value and return on investment.
I understand the drawbacks of the deal. I just think you are exaggerating a good bit. For one thing it is nowhere near the worst contract in baseball. Ask the Angels about Hamilton's contract.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although some of what you say here is true. It's also true without him in the 1st half we wouldn't be in the playoffs. He single-handedly carried us for the 1st half of the year.

Also, as far as power is concerned, he had 98 RBI and this ranks him firmly in the top 20 of the AL this season, and again, had it not been for his 1st half POWER, we wouldn't be listening to your complaining ass right now.

I'm not really complaining. Shoot I hope he wakes up today and hits a 3 run bomb to win the game! That would be awesome.

Just looking down the road a bit. And the truth is we're almost certainly stuck with him for the next few years unless we agree to pick up probably 50 cents on the dollar in a trade (similar to the Angels with Hamilton).

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really complaining. Shoot I hope he wakes up today and hits a 3 run bomb to win the game! That would be awesome.

Just looking down the road a bit. And the truth is we're almost certainly stuck with him for the next few years unless we agree to pick up probably 50 cents on the dollar in a trade (similar to the Angels with Hamilton).
There is another side to every coin. Until this year most of the HR guys for the Jay's had not been producing the numbers they are putting up now. How that happens IDK but it has. Perhaps Fielder ,Choo and Moreland may have the same kind of year in 2016 or 2017. It can happen. Guys have up and down years. The Fielder contract is not dead yet. Just a thought that may have some merit.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have liked to see Nap get a start.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to start DDJ. Big dbl