• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Questions about Browns game!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are 6 days away from our preseason opener, who/ what will be your primary focus in that game? Good health excepted, (we all want that), but with new faces everywhere, including coaches, there are so many new additions that could be cause for deeper scrutiny as you see it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would like to see the offense perform well with Rg3 in there . less hesitation more game managing and general qb play at the standard of a pro . wont see it with a handful of plays

looking forward to seeing jones crowder thompson and our young o/lineman .

on defense i want to see what murphy is looking like . i want to see our safety play (cb play probably wont be a true test ) and i want to see these young rookies on special teams

i want to see KC and colt play very well

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would like to see an improved RG3 with a much improved o-line if they are as what I expect them to be I think we can expect big things from both the run game and passing game

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its all about the o line for me

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to appear repetitive, but its all about the QB. If Griffin can consistently move the offense and put points on the board, we have a chance. I will be real curious if his same failures reappear under live fire. I'm just hoping to see improvement and consistency. Master the ordinary first, Robert, then worry about being a Superman.

Secondarily, I will be watching our right side of the OL as well as our STs. Real interested in what Crowder will be doing on ST.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time of year I hold my breath on injuries. With that said it's obviously Griff and the OL This is a good defense and a good test early. Unfortunately I"ll be out of town and will have to watch on DVR. Anyone got a link were I can watch online?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it's Gruden and his penchant to go pass happy. My expectations are that he'll go run heavy to set the standard for the upcoming season. Anything close to his previous pattern spells trouble, because that signals more reliance on our QBs.

The interplay between Callahan and Gruden with respect to getting our young RB's involved in the power game. A 70-30 (run to pass ratio....screens and pitches included) would make me comfortable.

Gotta take a look at our DL and safety play, I still can't forget how often receivers were embarrassing alone in our secondary last year.

Would love to see this team develop a signature play.......counter trey anyone?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it's Gruden and his penchant to go pass happy. My expectations are that he'll go run heavy to set the standard for the upcoming season. Anything close to his previous pattern spells trouble, because that signals more reliance on our QBs.

The interplay between Callahan and Gruden with respect to getting our young RB's involved in the power game. A 70-30 (run to pass ratio....screens and pitches included) would make me comfortable.

Gotta take a look at our DL and safety play, I still can't forget how often receivers were embarrassing alone in our secondary last year.

Would love to see this team develop a signature play.......counter trey anyone?
I see no way that a gruden offense has a 70-30 ratio. It's just not in his DNA. Especially in preseason where the evaluation and experience in the pocket is paramount for Griffin this year. Best I see is a 50/50 split.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see any of these preseason competitions as a "game"...only as preparation. Let's hope we see positive repetition from both sides of the ball in these practices that will carry over to when the games really count.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Gruden has made it clear this is how jobs are decided. I hope Kirk plays well.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think you will see a winning team with a 70-30 run /pass ratio . 50 /50 is about right 60/40 better

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want to lose all the preseason games expect 3 rd game it seems like that last couple of years we kickas is preseason i want to look good and lose

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just want to see improved technique and growth from all our players, especially Griffin and the right side of our Oline.

I'll also be eye-balling STs and the kicking/punting and FGs

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UOTE="j_y19, post: 7002136, member: 4983"]I see no way that a gruden offense has a 70-30 ratio. It's just not in his DNA. Especially in preseason where the evaluation and experience in the pocket is paramount for Griffin this year. Best I see is a 50/50 split.[/QUOTE]

I've been trying very hard to give Gruden the benefit of all doubt. However, if you are right and I emphasize "IF" then sadly he is not the man for the job here. Unlike Seattle, Washington selected to rely heavily on its' QB play instead of building an efficient enough team around him that limited his play to easily, well practiced opportunities.

It seems now they finally got wise and are emphasizing OL play and more reliance on their RB's. If it is not in Gruden's DNA to become more like coaches who have successfully relied on run, screen, and pitch then he's done. The time to set that tone ( much less reliance on QB play) is in preseason games.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UOTE="j_y19, post: 7002136, member: 4983"]I see no way that a gruden offense has a 70-30 ratio. It's just not in his DNA. Especially in preseason where the evaluation and experience in the pocket is paramount for Griffin this year. Best I see is a 50/50 split.

I've been trying very hard to give Gruden the benefit of all doubt. However, if you are right and I emphasize "IF" then sadly he is not the man for the job here. Unlike Seattle, Washington selected to rely heavily on its' QB play instead of building an efficient enough team around him that limited his play to easily, well practiced opportunities.

It seems now they finally got wise and are emphasizing OL play and more reliance on their RB's. If it is not in Gruden's DNA to become more like coaches who have successfully relied on run, screen, and pitch then he's done. The time to set that tone ( much less reliance on QB play) is in preseason games.[/QUOTE]

i dont think its in anybody's DNA to have a 70 /30 run pass ratio

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For starters - like most people - I want to see minimal injuries. However - beyond that I would almost like to see them lose all or most of their preseason games while showing some potential in various areas of the team. This team appears to almost always win most of their preseason games in the recent past which generally leads to false hope. I would love to see the opposite apply moving forward.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not worried about wins or losses . even in our wins you could see holes . just need to see improvement

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not worried about wins or losses . even in our wins you could see holes . just need to see improvement

Amen to that. That is actually my take on the entire upcoming season. Sure - I would like to see wins and near term success. However - in general I want to see this team moving in the right direction. Above all else I don't want to be looking back at a year where the team is in last place & also doesn't show a lot of hope for the future (which we have all experienced for most of the last decade +).

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen to that. That is actually my take on the entire upcoming season. Sure - I would like to see wins and near term success. However - in general I want to see this team moving in the right direction. Above all else I don't want to be looking back at a year where the team is in last place & also doesn't show a lot of hope for the future (which we have all experienced for most of the last decade +).

this is going to be a process for a few years but as long as we are moving in the right direction i am ok with it

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is going to be a process for a few years but as long as we are moving in the right direction i am ok with it

OK I did exaggerate on the 70-30 ratio, but clearly this team has to get away from being so damned pass happy. However on this particular point that you're making, this I agree with and wonder why we should sign Trent to a long term contract. If you're right, and I agree that it's going to take at least a couple of years, how much will he (TW) have left in the tank? your thoughts?