• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Least Favorite Well-Known Actor/Actress

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread title says it all. I included "well-known" because I didn't want people mentioning small, one-off actors/actresses who played roles that ruined movies (I know a lot of people hate Anakin Skywalker, though I haven't seen Star Wars. He'd be someone to not include, as that was, I assume, his only large role).

For a list of our favorite actors/actresses, go here ----> Your Top 20 Favorite Actors/Actresses

The classic actor I always bring up in this situation is Ben Affleck. I think he's such a boring, monotonous actor. It seems like all the movies he appears in has him reacting to other people doing shit with his stupid face. My favorite movie that has Ben Affleck is Daredevil (3.5/5 stars), and I actually think he was decent in that. But outside of that, Argo (3/5 stars), as a film was decent enough, but he was pretty bland IIRC, and The Town (1/5 stars) and Gone Girl (2/5 stars) both sucked.

He's the #1 reason I still haven't seen anything in the Justice League universe.

Weirdly enough, I think Casey Affleck is a tremendous actor.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jane Fonda for obvious reasons, but getting down to just the acting I am going to have to go with Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey. I quit watching them a long time ago because if you have seen one character by either of these men then you have seen them all. No acting range for either of them.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude that played Rudy/Samwise/Mikey from Goonies

Dude is a douchebag. He spoke at my college and essentially showed his true colors about how he only came to speak to take our money. He had not topic and he forced his way through a shitty discussion about his fame and the movies he was in and a couple movie quotes. I think the school requested a refund on the "speech"

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jane Fonda for obvious reasons, but getting down to just the acting I am going to have to go with Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey. I quit watching them a long time ago because if you have seen one character by either of these men then you have seen them all. No acting range for either of them.
I don’t know if those two are good examples. Granted, I’m no stan of either actor, but I think both have proven that they have serious dramatic acting talent. Granted, I haven’t seen either, but both Spanglish and especially Reign Over Me got great reviews and featured Sandler in dramatic roles.

I’m not as big on The Truman Show (3.5/5 stars) as others, but that, Eternal Sunshine, and Man on the Moon seem to indicate the guy has serious dramatic capabilities.

I probably like Sandler more if it’s a quick 90 minute film, but Carrey is overall funnier and the better actor, IMO. I like both quite a bit though.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he’s pretty fucking funny. Pineapple Express (4.5/5 stars) and This is the End (4.5/5 stars) are two of my favorite comedies of all time.

"I do drugs! Man, I really like drugs. Drugs are cool. Did I say I like drugs? Man, I'm so high."

His character range is so deep, I can't handle it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actor - Vince Vaughn or Ben Stiller... Both have had good movies, but very hit or miss for me. They tend to annoy me sometimes.

Actress - Nicole Kidman... She has always annoyed me. Never cared for her

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actor - Vince Vaughn or Ben Stiller... Both have had good movies, but very hit or miss for me. They tend to annoy me sometimes.

Actress - Nicole Kidman... She has always annoyed me. Never cared for her
Shoulda went with Owen Wilson as the actor. Dude drives me nuts.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
comedians are different. Not everyone likes a certain kind of humor and there are those who only do that kind of humor.

I like Will Farrell, but his humor isn't always my thing. I love him in Stranger Than Fiction though.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kevin costner. can't stand him, he's such a pudwad to me.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthew McCounaughy (Or however the heck you spell it)...

There are movies where I actually like him, but he seems to play up his accent too much at times and it just.... BUGS ME!!! Good example of a movie where he overacts badly IMO is U-571. Edit: OH, AND THE F*CKING LINCOLN COMMERCIALS!!!! DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THOSE!!!

Also Ryan Reynolds bugs the piss out of me. He just LOOKS like a cartoon character. Strange.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been a fan of Shia LaBeouf

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can punch out Tom Cruise....action hero, my ass..

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Ferrell was great. I don't think he has done much recently outside of a couple of SNL skits and the Lego Movie that I like but I definitely like Ferrell.

All of the people making fun of Tom Cruise and Shia Lebouf can get another vote from me. Those guys should've been no where near action lead roles. Ryan Gosling is someone who I like in some movies and not in others just because I think he seems a little too creepy for all of the romance roles that he gets. Ben Affleck is obviously terrible, too, and Daredevil is one of the worst movies I've seen in theaters ever.

Matthew McCounaughy is great, though. I thought he made True Detective and certainly has some movies where he shines.

In terms of critically acclaimed actors, I think Halle Barry is mostly terrible. Just an awful Storm and an awful Catwoman along with a lot of roles where shes just a sex symbol.

My wife hates Melissa McCarthy and I tend to agree. "She was good in Mike and Molly when she is subtle but she is awful in all of her comedy movies where she tries too hard and just isnt funny" is what she thinks. So basically my thoughts on Jim Carrey.