• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Favorite Professional Chef(and maybe the favorite recipe of theirs you have replicated at home)

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy Fieri...what's not to like about the guy...drives a 68' convert Camero...funny and I can't get enough of his show "Triple D" on the Food Network. Watch that show all the time.

Have many others including a sister-in-law who cooks w/ duck fat...amazing.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The professional chefs I learned from aren't celebrities but have to say I like Gordon Ramsey and how he cooks. Would love to work for him. He isn't what you see on his reality shows.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacques Pepin is pretty good.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacques Pepin is pretty good.

He was one of the Dean's at the cooking school I went to in NYC(think he still is)...We got to cook with him a couple times. Awesome guy and an awesome Chef...

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a little kid, my mother would watch Julia Child and we would make some dishes.
She did this one minus the wine, and it was delicious.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one I never got tired of watching was Emeril Lagasse.
He put on a good show every.single.time

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TK. End of thread.

By TK, I'm guessing you mean Thomas Keller? Yes he is one hell of a Chef!!! However, he needs to go to the kitchen at Bouchon in Vegas and kick their asses for at times serving mediocre food...I have eaten there quite a few times over the years and the last 3 times I've been there at brunch for his famous Chicken and Waffles, I was totally disappointed...Its a dish I used to LOVE, but the last 3 times, the chicken was WAY overcooked...

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By TK, I'm guessing you mean Thomas Keller? Yes he is one hell of a Chef!!! However, he needs to go to the kitchen at Bouchon in Vegas and kick their asses for at times serving mediocre food...I have eaten there quite a few times over the years and the last 3 times I've been there at brunch for his famous Chicken and Waffles, I was totally disappointed...Its a dish I used to LOVE, but the last 3 times, the chicken was WAY overcooked...
Overcooked or precooked so early, it dried out under the heat lamps. Its what the idiots around here do. Its those kinds of shortcuts that drive me up the wall.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overcooked or precooked so early, it dried out under the heat lamps. Its what the idiots around here do. Its those kinds of shortcuts that drive me up the wall.

Bingo!!! That's exactly what it tasted like, as if it sat under a heat lamp for way too long....

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid Ma Racer would watch Julia Childs and the Galloping Gourmet, Graham Kerr(SP). I have watched some of Emeril's shows and enjoyed them, even though it got a bit schlocky with the "BAM" thing.

I remember wanting to slap Alton Brown the first few times I watched his show, but I have to admit that he's grown on me and I appreciate how he incorporates the "why" you do certain things as it pertains to the "how".

I've seen some Paula Deen and Rachel Ray shows and like that they tend to focus on home style stuff that I might actually try to make.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid Ma Racer would watch Julia Childs and the Galloping Gourmet, Graham Kerr(SP). I have watched some of Emeril's shows and enjoyed them, even though it got a bit schlocky with the "BAM" thing.

I remember wanting to slap Alton Brown the first few times I watched his show, but I have to admit that he's grown on me and I appreciate how he incorporates the "why" you do certain things as it pertains to the "how".

I've seen some Paula Deen and Rachel Ray shows and like that they tend to focus on home style stuff that I might actually try to make.

Your spelling is correct!!! Graham Kerr(Galloping Gourmet) was always a hell of personality on TV!!! Of course, he was slamming bottles of wine down his throat as he did it, but wasn't that half the fun? :suds:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy Fieri...what's not to like about the guy...drives a 68' convert Camero...funny and I can't get enough of his show "Triple D" on the Food Network. Watch that show all the time.

Have many others including a sister-in-law who cooks w/ duck fat...amazing.

He's VERY entertaining(Love DDD too!!!), but not necessarily a great Chef...Have to agree about Duck fat though. How can you go wrong with Duck Fat Fries??? I was trained in French cooking, so Duck fat is definitely one of the best for frying...

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bouchon can be inconsistent. Couple times the fries were too salty and overcooked. When they do it right, though, it's really good. As Hoc is great the times I have been. And then TFL is best there is.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bouchon can be inconsistent. Couple times the fries were too salty and overcooked. When they do it right, though, it's really good. As Hoc is great the times I have been. And then TFL is best there is.

If you're in New York, Per Se is another TK restaurant that's amazing and easier to get into than TFL.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alton Brown is pretty good. His turkey brine is off the charts.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TK. End of thread.

I've got his Ad Hoc and Bouchon cookbooks, and when I'm wanting to knock it out of the park, those are typically what I go for. Prep is usually no joke, though. When I make the fried chicken from Ad Hoc, if I'm serving it on Saturday, I typically start the prep on Wednesday.

I've been to all three of his spots in Napa as well as the Bouchon in Vegas. I think the Bouchon in Napa is my fav. Sofa king good.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I like about Cook's Illustrated, although I've let my subscription lapse.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Tripper is the chef i watched growing up