• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your FAVORITE dish to cook!!!...And the recipes...if you don't mind :-)

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoked pork buttz-n-brisket...

recipe?

GTFO!
b1d2db7024bb25701efb47761c21311b.jpg

haha-shut-up.gif

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are hit and miss up here, and are expensive. The bottled ones are always perfectly ripe and cheaper, and easier IMO.

Got ya!!! I'm lucky enough to work in a restaurant where we need fresh mangoes every day, so its always there when I want some...

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the basics, meat & vegetable pairings, without much or any processed foods, once a month I like to fix a large batch of fajita chicken stuffed bell-peppers. Usually enough to last for a dinner & a weeks worth of lunches. A mixture of green, red & orange peppers.

The basic recipe is in the link. I change around the ingredients to my taste. I add some diced habaneros & use pepperjack cheese instead.

Last edited:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grilled Cheese Sammich

Buttered 2 pieces of bread on 1 side.
Put cheese in middle.
Grill in skillet.

I hope this helps everyone.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an awesome recipe to make 4 sirloin steak into the best thing ever... I do it for 4 steaks because it takes a few days to be ready so this isn't something that is going to be fast...

The steaks should marinate for at least 72 hours min...

Marinade Recipe

46 oz. pineapple juice
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups soy sauce
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup cider vinegar
1 tabelspoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated

Marinade must be at a temperature of 34 to 40 degrees before adding steaks to prevent bacteria...
Every 24 hours you need to stir the marinade with the steaks inside... After 72 hours of marinating they are ready to grill.

You can use this for chicken also.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an awesome recipe to make 4 sirloin steak into the best thing ever... I do it for 4 steaks because it takes a few days to be ready so this isn't something that is going to be fast...

The steaks should marinate for at least 72 hours min...

Marinade Recipe

46 oz. pineapple juice
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups soy sauce
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup cider vinegar
1 tabelspoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated

Marinade must be at a temperature of 34 to 40 degrees before adding steaks to prevent bacteria...
Every 24 hours you need to stir the marinade with the steaks inside... After 72 hours of marinating they are ready to grill.

You can use this for chicken also.

This sounds good. Maybe this weekend would be a good time to try it. Thanks

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple stuffed shroomz.

1 box uncle Bens wild rice. Original recipe
(I have yet to be able to make fresh wild rice that tastes as good, but for this recipe you could do it, I just never have any on hand)

16 ounce package of cream cheese

1/2 pound of bacon crumbled

Decent to Good cheese.
(I like a sharp white cheddar and then shred it myself)

Mix it all together while the rice is still warm enough to melt the cheese. Then stuff it in baby Bella mushrooms. Then bake them. I like it like this, my ex-wife insisted on covering with panco bread crumbs. We once battered them and deep fried and that was even better, but more work and obviously even worse for you.

Super simple recipe, but tastes amazing and incredibly filling.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite thing to cook
ribs and brisket.JPG

This is what I make that my better half likes the most....

- Cut onions(2 quartered) and carrots (3/4/lb.), I like them big since they'll be braised for a couple of hours
- Season short ribs you your liking(i use salt, pepper, granulated worchershire, thyme, cumin, mustard powder, celery salt, and chopped garlic) , and flour
- Brown short ribs and sit aside
- Throw in onions and carrots..... any veggies you like will work
- Cook veggies on med-high heat for 5 minutes
- Dump a half bottle of Malbec (any wine of your choice will work) and deglazed the pot........ a thick pot/dutch oven is needed for this dish.........
- I sit the short ribs back in and add beef broth to the top...... this is how you get gravy
- Place the pot in the oven at 315 for 2.5 hours * after an hour ladle out enough broth to make a gravy, this will also let the tops of the ribs to caramelize.
- Reduce broth, add flour if desired.
- Pull it and plate, I like to put it on top of smashed red taters
short ribs.JPG

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one was pretty good and makes me want to make another one soon.

Mmmm, bacon wrapped meatloaf

I also like my chili recipes depending on if you like beans or not:

- 3 pounds ground beef browned and simmered in a brown ale for an hour prior to dumping into the slow cooker
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cans rotel (hot)
- 3 green bell peppers
- 1 sweet onion
- seasonings (cayenne, chili powder, garlic,.....). I typically do two to three additions during the cooking process, but you can always just grab a couple store bought packets and use them at the beginning.
- 4-6 habeneros (or I cut them out completely if making it for others)
- a little brown sugar

Serve with shredded cheddar.

The brown sugar and ale help balance the heat I add with the seasonings and habeneros. It ends up being a sweet taste at the beginning with a nice warmth when it goes down to the point you crave another spoonful.

If you like beans, cut out 2 pounds of the beef, 1 can of tomatoes, and 1 green pepper. Then add 2 cans of kidney beans, 2 cans chili beans, and one can of baked beans (all drained).

Then of course I enjoy making my own pasta sauce if I've got time:

- about 2 dozen Roma tomatoes sliced lengthwise and placed in Pyrex pans. Drizzle olive oil on top and add some freshly minced garlic, chopped green bell peppers and onion, and a little sea salt and pepper. Bake at 250 for a couple hours just making sure it doesn't burn.

- use a food mill to remove the skins while having the 'meat' of the tomatoes fall into a sauce pan. This is the part I don't like as it takes a while with my old mill and gets gummed up pretty easily.

- add 1/4 -1/2 cup of white wine (Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio is what I typically have on hand) and let it simmer for 15 minutes. This adds a little sweetness to balance the acidity of the tomatoes and also helps bring out some of the flavors.

- I'll serve over fresh linguini if I've got time that day along with either chicken parmigiana or Italian sausage on the side.

I'll jar any leftovers to use within a week or pass along to a friend. Since my wife isn't that big of a fan of red sauces, I rarely make this anymore and lean towards an Alfredo with sundried tomatoes for her tastes and like to serve that with shrimp and sliced filet mignon added with the sauce for the last few minutes of cooking before serving.