• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Fantasy Team

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a friend ask for advice when drafting his fantasy team, here's what he came up with, standard league with one flex player.

QB Stafford
RB Forte
RB Bush
Flex Gore
WR Harvin
WR Maclin
TE Pitta
DEF Cardinals
K Haushcka

backups

Maurice Jones Drew
Chris Ivory
Watkins (Bills WR)
Golden Tate
Ebron
Browns Defense
Johnny Manziel

I think he will be set for a playoff run. What say you?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no way in hell I'd take a chance on Harvin (migraine head-ache waiting to happen or a big hit leaving him with one) Maclin suspect too as he is injury prone. Joique Bell a much better red-zone threat than Bush (proven fact). He could/should have been able to acquire WR Terrance Williams (Dal), gotta remember Linehan is the new OC there, and possibly WR Cordarrelle Patterson (Bridgewater will replace Cassell early on), SD WR Keenan Allen, Titans WR's Justin Hunter or even Kendall Wright are all better fantasy wise than Harvin/Maclin. All of these I have targeted for my nephew to look at when his draft comes up... JMO

Cardinals are without LB Washington (suspended 4 or 6 games)... I still believe the Rams are the surprise team there in that division this year, over SF and AZ.. I'd take Rams over AZ all day long with Gregg Williams as DC... Quinn, Long, Brockers, Donald and that LB crew

Last edited by a moderator:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no way in hell I'd take a chance on Harvin (migraine head-ache waiting to happen or a big hit leaving him with one) Maclin suspect too as he is injury prone. Joique Bell a much better red-zone threat than Bush (proven fact). He could/should have been able to acquire WR Terrance Williams (Dal), gotta remember Linehan is the new OC there, and possibly WR Cordarrelle Patterson (Bridgewater will replace Cassell early on), SD WR Keenan Allen, Titans WR's Justin Hunter or even Kendall Wright are all better fantasy wise than Harvin/Maclin. All of these I have targeted for my nephew to look at when his draft comes up... JMO

So nothing good to say....Interesting.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bad, Stafford, Forte, Gore, backups (minus manziel) look pretty good/solid. Depends on who was available when he drafted as to my overall thoughts.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bad, Stafford, Forte, Gore, backups (minus manziel) look pretty good/solid. Depends on who was available when he drafted as to my overall thoughts.

When Maclin was chosen I did recommend to him that the Seahawks defense was still there.....Maclin and Harvin can both be replaced by Watkins and Tate....JMO.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, how could he have bypassed Seahawks Def over Maclin ? Gotta remember, EJ Manuel is the QB throwing to Watkins. I never liked his ass at FSU and I still don't. He's the worse version of Stafford all too often, Manuel that is. I'm not sure if Bills are willing to risk Watkins as a return man as a benefit.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, how could he have bypassed Seahawks Def over Maclin ? Gotta remember, EJ Manuel is the QB throwing to Watkins. I never liked his ass at FSU and I still don't. He's the worse version of Stafford all too often, Manuel that is. I'm not sure if Bills are willing to risk Watkins as a return man as a benefit.

I tried to tell him, but he didn't listen, like I said, I was just giving him advice over skype he took most of it but went with his judgment on maclin over seahawks thinking he could wait one more round to get a Defense team.

Yo Smitty trade me that Seahawk defense in our keeper league, I have most of the frontline and secondary, just send the rest on over.:suds:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muzz, here's a snippet from an article I read regarding reggie bush vs joique bell in fantasy football. I gotta agree with the thinking here.

Joique Bell, RB, Lions (eighth, late fourth/fifth): The Lions running back I want this year (you'll never guess who is in "hate") and I don't think it's all that close. Wanna win a bar bet? Here's a good one. Over the last two years, Reggie Bush has 89 receptions. And Joique Bell has 105. Yeah. Last two years, Bush has 10 rushes inside an opponent's 10-yard line and two touchdowns from that distance. Bell has 12 rushes and seven touchdowns. He's a better fit for the new offense Joe Lombardi wants to run (basically, a version of the Saints offense with a lot more two tight end sets. Read more here from NFL Nation's Michael Rothstein). They say put your money where your mouth is, and the fact that the new regime in Detroit signed Bell to more guaranteed money than Bush this offseason speaks volumes.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maclin can a have huge season. Should see plenty of targets. Manziel terrible pick. Hell I wouldn't even pick him if it's a keeper league.

I would put Tate in over Harvin. Tate looks as if he will be huge with CJ in there. Been sweet without CJ already.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it weren't for the receivers, I'd say it's pretty good. However, I think those receivers are awful.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Maclin was chosen I did recommend to him that the Seahawks defense was still there.....Maclin and Harvin can both be replaced by Watkins and Tate....JMO.

Picking Seattle that high is very bad value Maclin was the right choice. Seattle has a tough schedule and the refs are picking on physical secondary's right now. You can get a good defense in the final rounds or from the free agent pool anyways.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to tell him, but he didn't listen, like I said, I was just giving him advice over skype he took most of it but went with his judgment on maclin over seahawks thinking he could wait one more round to get a Defense team.

Yo Smitty trade me that Seahawk defense in our keeper league, I have most of the frontline and secondary, just send the rest on over.:suds:

Depends on how the scoring is setup for defense? Could be good move to pass on them with Maclin.

Panthers, Hawks,Bengals, Browns and Denver were top Muzz in our keeper L

Top 2 in my league just like it scored 125 and 129 points less. Browns and Broncos were 12th and 13th.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how the scoring is setup for defense? Could be good move to pass on them with Maclin.

Panthers, Hawks,Bengals, Browns and Denver were top Muzz in our keeper L

Top 2 in my league just like it scored 125 and 129 points less. Browns and Broncos were 12th and 13th.

He missed out on the Bengals defense as well, after missing on the Seahawks he waited again and missed out on the Bengals.

I tried to tell him about the Broncos as well as all the high price talent they brought in on that side of the ball.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be more than happy to trade ya Panthers defense. they were better than Seahawks. Carried me to the title. Don't you want the best.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin not getting much love. If he's healthy he'll be a fantasy monster this year with the way the Seahawks have been using him so far through camp. That seems to be one of the bigger stories all of their beat writers and bloggers and such are talking about, anyhow...

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin not getting much love. If he's healthy he'll be a fantasy monster this year with the way the Seahawks have been using him so far through camp. That seems to be one of the bigger stories all of their beat writers and bloggers and such are talking about, anyhow...

He's only slightly better than Tate

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hate it without Hyde to back up Gore. The Browns' D and Womanziel are wasted picks that could have been used on high-ceiling backup RBs. And yes, while Tate is a great #3WR, the odds of Harvin or Maclin or both getting hurt for a major portion of the season is pretty high.

MJD is a fine #4 RB.

Middle of the pack, says I.