• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You think there will be a real competition between Dysert and Oz?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's possible that Rex views Taylor as a potential starter, while Kubiak regards him as merely a third stringer.
That`s funny TD and not in the "ha ha" way. Shows exactly how much confidence they have in EJ. Tyrod does not seem to be at this point in his career anyway, as anything more than a 3rd stringer/ competition qb for any team except Bills,Jets or Browns. That is the sad state those teams have at that position. Actually, Tyrod could be a big improvement for those 3:)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn by what all this means. They offered him a pretty decent deal from what I have read so I am starting to think the Broncos might not be as high on Osweiler as I first thought. The upcoming draft will definitely speak volumes of where we are with him. If we use a high round pick on a quarterback then Osweiler is a big time failed experiment. If we use a 5th round pick or later I would say Osweiler is still viewed as the future of this team.

I would say early round quarterback wise the only guy worth it is Garrett Grayson. The guy loses his best RB, best OL player, and all he does is go out and have best year of his career. Heck in the 4 years he was at Colorado State he improved in every area of completion percentage, average per pass attempt, touchdowns, touchodwns to interception ratio, and rating.

He is probably the only quarterback in this draft that I would say is worth seeing what he can do.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn by what all this means. They offered him a pretty decent deal from what I have read so I am starting to think the Broncos might not be as high on Osweiler as I first thought. The upcoming draft will definitely speak volumes of where we are with him. If we use a high round pick on a quarterback then Osweiler is a big time failed experiment. If we use a 5th round pick or later I would say Osweiler is still viewed as the future of this team.

I would say early round quarterback wise the only guy worth it is Garrett Grayson. The guy loses his best RB, best OL player, and all he does is go out and have best year of his career. Heck in the 4 years he was at Colorado State he improved in every area of completion percentage, average per pass attempt, touchdowns, touchodwns to interception ratio, and rating.

He is probably the only quarterback in this draft that I would say is worth seeing what he can do.

Another good thing about Grayson, he played in a "pro-style" offense. I like the guys chances. They would prob have to use a 2nd on him or move way up in 3rd. Not sure I`d still gamble on him as Denver has immediate other needs. I think he just could turnout to be the best qb in this draft though

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good thing about Grayson, he played in a "pro-style" offense. I like the guys chances. They would prob have to use a 2nd on him or move way up in 3rd. Not sure I`d still gamble on him as Denver has immediate other needs. I think he just could turnout to be the best qb in this draft though

Here is what I would do...The Broncos have what looks to be 10 draft picks in this upcoming draft. They most likely have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th (comp pick), 2 5th, 3 6th, and a 7th. I could see them say Grayson makes it to the early part of the 3rd round be willing to trade their 3rd and one of the 5th round picks to move up and get him. They then would still have 9 picks to use in this draft which is plenty. 8 picks used on actual positions of need and depth with one used on a future quarterback. I would be ok with this.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I would do...The Broncos have what looks to be 10 draft picks in this upcoming draft. They most likely have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th (comp pick), 2 5th, 3 6th, and a 7th. I could see them say Grayson makes it to the early part of the 3rd round be willing to trade their 3rd and one of the 5th round picks to move up and get him. They then would still have 9 picks to use in this draft which is plenty. 8 picks used on actual positions of need and depth with one used on a future quarterback. I would be ok with this.
How the hell are you getting10 picks????? That's a lot of picks!
With that many, you need to gamble some. You are not going to keep them all anyways.....

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that many, you need to gamble some. You are not going to keep them all anyways.....
Broncos already have 6 picks, and are projected to receive up to 4 comp picks due to last year's FA period. Denver lost 7 players, and only gained 3 in return.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What WalkerBoh said. The NFL Owners meeting is going on right now so we should know Comp Picks here pretty soon but it is projected the Broncos will have 4 handed to them. Either a 3rd or 4th round pick (depending how they rank TJ Ward), 2 6th round picks, and a 7th round pick. Now nobody quite knows how the NFL system works with Comp picks but OverTheCap seems to have come close to their formula as last year they got I think 30 of the 32 Comp Picks handed out right. So at worst the Broncos will have 9 picks in this upcoming draft. There is a good chance that next year as well they will get at least 2 Comp Picks in the top 5 rounds with maybe another 1 or 2 depending how the rest of FA goes.

And yes I could see us trading up. I looked at our roster the other day and most likely by the time the draft comes around there will be only about 7-8 spots actually available for rookies to fill. So there could be some wheeling and dealing for the team. Heck I could see them even think about trading picks this year for picks next year with some team to try and maximize value.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos already have 6 picks, and are projected to receive up to 4 comp picks due to last year's FA period. Denver lost 7 players, and only gained 3 in return.
I don't think it's quite that simple but congrats if it is!

I think it's like QBR - they just make it up as they go along.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's quite that simple but congrats if it is!

I think it's like QBR - they just make it up as they go along.....

The NFL bases Comp picks on a bunch of criteria. First off 4 is the maximum number of picks a team can receiver. Next a player only counts for or against a team for Comp picks if they were truly an unrestricted FA. So example is this year for the Broncos Shelley Smith's contract does not count against us getting Comp Picks because he was released. It is why for the Patriots they won't get a Comp Pick for Revis because he was actually signed for this season but released. Otherwise that is an automatic 3rd round comp pick in my opinion. Now the primary factor when it comes to Comp Picks is that of the contract. Other criteria that do matter but not as much is that of playing time and even postseason honors.

I guess you could consider it like the QBR but I would say this formula that some have come close to figuring out actually makes more sense than the QBR. How a guy like Tebow can have such a high QBR compared to some actually good quarterbacks makes no sense. This actually does make some sense. So with that in mind the Broncos after you cancel out the players brought in compared to the players that left should receive a 4th round comp pick for Zane Beadles, a 6th round pick for Moreno, a 6th round pick Shaun Phillips, and a 7th round pick for Robert Ayers.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And called it! Broncos get 10 picks for this draft and they are predicting 11 for next year unless we do some trading and depending a bit in how the players lost do.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like we got a 4th now. Plus a 6th and two 7ths! Sweet. Does Denver trade up now?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And called it! Broncos get 10 picks for this draft and they are predicting 11 for next year unless we do some trading and depending a bit in how the players lost do.
You called it. 4 comps. Patriots get 2.....