• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You read it here 1st

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that the last time the Lions were division champs is also the first time the Packers made the playoffs in a non-strike season in over 20 years. It just so happens that is also the time the Packers became an actual real life competitive NFL football team, instead of the complete suck that I grew up with in the 70's and 80's. My goodness the Packers were awful for that stretch...just pathetic

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimmie a 2-7 matchup of Detroit/Minnestoa. That would be fun for everyone.

I'm aware Detroit in means Seattle out but Im ok with that. Detroit deserves to be in

I know one thing for sure, there are 3 wild card spots, Dallas pretty much owns 1 of them, so it leaves 2 of them up for grabs between about 6 teams, some with a better chance than others, but a lot of things can happen. At this point I'm not counting anybody out...so let the craziness begin

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that the last time the Lions were division champs is also the first time the Packers made the playoffs in a non-strike season in over 20 years. It just so happens that is also the time the Packers became an actual real life competitive NFL football team, instead of the complete suck that I grew up with in the 70's and 80's. My goodness the Packers were awful for that stretch...just pathetic

I remember the Lions with Erik Kramer beating Dallas in the playoffs in 91. Not sure if thats the year you were talking about. I also remember them going into the playoffs as the hottest team in the league with Scott Mitchell at Qb. It seems like they lost to Philly in the first round but im thinking that was at Philly. I could be wrong.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the Lions with Erik Kramer beating Dallas in the playoffs in 91. Not sure if thats the year you were talking about. I also remember them going into the playoffs as the hottest team in the league with Scott Mitchell at Qb. It seems like they lost to Philly in the first round but im thinking that was at Philly. I could be wrong.
Sounds about right on your timing. I only remember one Philly Lions playoff game and Rodney Peete went off. That was his best game in an Eagles uniform.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right on your timing. I only remember one Philly Lions playoff game and Rodney Peete went off. That was his best game in an Eagles uniform.

Oh wow. I totally forgot about Peete and the Eagles. When i read your post i was only thinking of the Lions and Peete. You were correct. Eagles killed Detroit that day.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, I've decided on my Christmas lunch and it will be turkey. I can nap from 2:30 until about 5pm and only watch the end of the pillow fight of the week, Rams vs Broncos... yeesh... and I'm guessing only Rams and Broncos fans will tune in...plus a few lunatics

I'll be saving the ham for new years...woot
Oh yeah, well I'm napping from 2:30 to 8:00, so there...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your thinking is correct. As an aside, ***caution, Packers related*** in 93 the Lions beat the Pack to win the division, the next week in Detroit the Packers beat the Lions on a 40 yard bomb by Favre to Sharpe with about 40 seconds left in the game. The win gave the Pack the opportunity to go into Dallas and get smoked by about 24 or so....

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know one thing for sure, there are 3 wild card spots, Dallas pretty much owns 1 of them, so it leaves 2 of them up for grabs between about 6 teams, some with a better chance than others, but a lot of things can happen. At this point I'm not counting anybody out...so let the craziness begin
GB has been spoiled with b2b hof qbs

Reckoning is coming.....

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB has been spoiled with b2b hof qbs

Reckoning is coming.....

I'm going out on a limb here and say that when Favre was traded you thought the same thing... My point is you just never know until you know... So you can wish all you want, but that doesn't make it reality

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going out on a limb here and say that when Favre was traded you thought the same thing... My point is you just never know until you know... So you can wish all you want, but that doesn't make it reality
Rodgers had shown promise, I didn't think he'd be HOF.

I highly doubt love is third straight.

I'm not saying Gb will go back to 70/80s but I do think their dominance of division is fading.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers had shown promise, I didn't think he'd be HOF.

I highly doubt love is third straight.

I'm not saying Gb will go back to 70/80s but I do think their dominance of division is fading.

He did show lots of promise in the 08 season. That stated, I still recall a couple Vikings fans talking smack about Tarvaris Jackson being a better QB at the end of that season because of the Vikings 10-6 record that year. It was laughable how stupid some of those conversations were. Cockney was my favorite...lol

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did show lots of promise in the 08 season. That stated, I still recall a couple Vikings fans talking smack about Tarvaris Jackson being a better QB at the end of that season because of the Vikings 10-6 record that year. It was laughable how stupid some of those conversations were. Cockney was my favorite...lol
There are idiots on both spectrums

I've seen people in FB and other news comment sections try to say Christian Watson is stud and will be best WR in the NFL next season (and therefore better than Jefferson, mind you despite JJ being in season 3, they're the same age)

I don't think GB will turn into the Browns, the lions, or Packers of 70s-80s, but a lot of younger fans have only experienced having a HOF QB and not having shows how hard it is to continually be in playoffs, make runs, etc. I'm curious what GB does, I don't see Love staying in GB on the bench for another season and I think Rodgers will want to play at least one more year.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've seen people in FB and other news comment sections try to say Christian Watson is stud and will be best WR in the NFL next season (and therefore better than Jefferson, mind you despite JJ being in season 3, they're the same age)

I don't think GB will turn into the Browns, the lions, or Packers of 70s-80s, but a lot of younger fans have only experienced having a HOF QB and not having shows how hard it is to continually be in playoffs, make runs, etc. I'm curious what GB does, I don't see Love staying in GB on the bench for another season and I think Rodgers will want to play at least one more year.
It is definately a case of younger fans, I deal with it with the Colts fan base. These young kids only got to see us with Peyton and then Luck. So they don't know how to handle sucking. I watched Jack fucking Trudeau qb this team in the late 80s followed by Jeff George before finally getting Jim Harbaugh and starting the turn around.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that there are lots of idiots in lots of fan bases. The problem with most of them is they just don't quite understand that it's a competition that every player on every team is paid to compete and if they don't, they don't stick around in the league very long, regardless of the talent.

I will also state that Packers fans have been spoiled with 30 years of very competitive football. There is no way you could count on having back to back great QBs, it's just not realistic. There is also a bit of a curse that comes with being very competitive for a long time and that is how the NFL is set up to give lesser teams a better chance to get better. I think in the last 30 years the Packers have picked in the top 10 twice, maybe and never in the top 5 that I recall. That's the beauty of the NFL compared to the other pro sports. More guys on the field means more things to go wrong and the smallest details can sometimes make the biggest difference.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Pack all year, it has seemed like something was missing. I thought no chance Arod would play for them next year. After watching Monday night , and i know it was the Rams , the Packers offense looked dangerous again. Cobb being healthy has really helped them out but 87 looks really smooth to me and we have all seen Watson. I want to see them on Christmas day. They need a lot of help , but I wouldnt be shocked if they won out and snuck into the playoffs.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Pack all year, it has seemed like something was missing. I thought no chance Arod would play for them next year. After watching Monday night , and i know it was the Rams , the Packers offense looked dangerous again. Cobb being healthy has really helped them out but 87 looks really smooth to me and we have all seen Watson. I want to see them on Christmas day. They need a lot of help , but I wouldnt be shocked if they won out and snuck into the playoffs.

I think it ends Sunday. The Packers tend to not beat AFC East teams, especially on the road. I don't know why, or how, but I think the only AFC East team they're historically above .500 against is the Pats...and I could be wrong there too...they could be under .500 against all of them...it's very odd, but just seem to catch that division when we're down