• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You are the owner of the skins

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
name 5 things you can do to fix the franchise , go !

Here are mine

1). Fire BA and the parade of “ yes men “

2). End he damn drama on the team

3) get rid of dead weight and make better trade choices and handle personnel better ( TW and KC fiasco ,no more ASS trades )

4) develop and execute a plan to change the culture to a winning one

5) hire you guys and then get the hell out of the way

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Fire Bruce Allen

2. Double O'Connell's salary and hire Gregg Williams to be the head coach.

3. Promote Kyle Smith and bring in Chris Cooley to work under him.

4. Move the team to the RFK site ASAP if you can. If not find another location inside the district or at least adjacent to most of, if not all of the metro stops.

5. Fire the entire medical and training staff and hire outside medical consultants to find me the best and the brightest that are willing to do the job.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, he doesn't need 5 things. Just one. Remove yourself completely from any and all operations of the club. Accept being an investor and a fan only. Hire a President and Chief Operating Officer and give that person all responsibility for the success, or continued failure, of the franchise. This would include removing yourself and your office from Ashburn. If Dan can do this, then we have a chance to right the ship. Anything short of this, including the firing of Allen, won't matter. Because Dan will just replace him with another yes man. He has been doing it for 20 years. He ain't changing at this point.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, he doesn't need 5 things. Just one. Remove yourself completely from any and all operations of the club. Accept being an investor and a fan only. Hire a President and Chief Operating Officer and give that person all responsibility for the success, or continued failure, of the franchise. This would include removing yourself and your office from Ashburn. If Dan can do this, then we have a chance to right the ship. Anything short of this, including the firing of Allen, won't matter. Because Dan will just replace him with another yes man. He has been doing it for 20 years. He ain't changing at this point.

I agree, but j_y what would you do if YOU were the owner.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i agree as well , but what would you do as owner ?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Do research first, on whatever team does the BEST of the following, including the how’s and why’s of it all, and use that as a framework for everything else:

-best scouting department
-best gm/front office alignment
-best fan experience at the stadium
-best coaching / gm strategy
-best player personnel acquisition department
-best player satisfaction department
-best player retention
-best facilities / medical / training staff

2) inevitably, that would lead to mass firings, including Bruce Allen, probably the medical staff, training staff, and perhaps more front office personnel

3) Actively pursue the various disgruntled former redskins players, especially over the last ten years or so, for their feedback as to how to improve the team.

4) Do specific things to win back the fan base - act with integrity, give back, lower prices, engage with fans, think about changing the name, act with transparency, admit/take responsibility for previous mistakes, etc.

5) Hire the best possible people for whatever you can to undergo all that is suggested 1-4.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- Fire Bruce Allen.

2- Fire Bruce Allen.

3- Fire Bruce Allen.

4- Fire Bruce Allen.

5- Fire Gruden.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm a multi-billionaire huh? Good, with that in mind, here's my plan...

1. Tackle the political aversions that plague this franchise. Change the name, build a new state of the art home stadium in D.C. proper with a lot of my own money, and set / make public the standards that I expect from my football operation. I hire one guy to run my entire football operation. He's the GM and his job is to find and hire the very best organizational people available. Their efforts will reflect upon his ability to meet my standards and will be the ONLY reason why I'd ever considered firing him. (OK, our one "down" /retooling year can be a 8-8/9-7 one:mad2:)

2. I post a letter of apology in every paper/ news outlet in town and promise excellence because from here forth 8-8, 9-7 type seasons will be considered losing efforts that will not be tolerated here. The fans have suffered enough and are owed something for their long time suffering so in addition to that new fan friendly state of the art stadium, and a return to consistent winning football, I would announce my annual lottery system in which 99 mid level season ticket seats can be won with a grand prize of one luxury box season ticket winner.

3. I would actually keep the draft day experience here and make necessary improvements to that experience. (I want 10 people who wants to win a trip to the NFL draft with me, the owner? Winners costs? let me honestly know what the fans are saying about my franchise. I'll be out and involved in the community as well hosting events and attending others with my ear to the ground.

4. Our uniform will be the 1975 throwbacks with the lance helmet that has a more modern version of the lance. We begin some traditional things in our stadium experience, a pre-game ritual, perhaps a mascot, a chant when defense faces a third down, and rewards the offense for keeping things moving. I want my stadium to rock in a manner that literally intimidates the opposition.

5. Take note that unlike some here, I really haven't mentioned personnel moves, why? well, because I have a GM. Talk to him, he'll be responsible for all of that and mandated to hold meaningful press conferences on the state of the team. (Hell no it won't be Bruce Allen, in case you're wondering)

:ninja:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must feel great to see:
McVay - 3-0
Shanahan - 3-0
Lafleur - 3-0

Your Redskins 0-2

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must feel great to see:
McVay - 3-0
Shanahan - 3-0
Lafleur - 3-0

Your Redskins 0-2

Would love Tomlin, Gregg, or Bowles, but seeing your post reminds me that I will lose my lunch if O'Connell goes somewhere and kills it next year. I can't say I know his exact responsibilities, but based off our coaching tree history, might want to think twice about looking elsewhere for Jay's potential replacement.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love Tomlin, Gregg, or Bowles, but seeing your post reminds me that I will lose my lunch if O'Connell goes somewhere and kills it next year. I can't say I know his exact responsibilities, but based off our coaching tree history, might want to think twice about looking elsewhere for Jay's potential replacement.

We knew what we had in Shanahan but Bruce and Dan got in a pissing match. I don't think he ever liked Dan anyhow.

We had a good idea what we had in McVay but he got the job earlier than I expected.

Had no clue LaFleur was gong to be and can't say I know much about O'Connell but unless there is some known very good coach what the hell give him a try. Of course I think Bruce and Dan can screw that up.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think danny is so upset that he is now frothing at the mouth like a rabid chihuahua? I can see him now yipping away at allen with spittle flying everywhere. Then he latches onto his pants leg and then takes a dump onto his shoe. Allen responds by giving Alex Smith a contract extension.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Snyder's post game reaction...

yeah-they-lost.jpg