• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yotes sale to Reinsdorf in jeopardy

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
the answer is always Weird Al.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from Damien Cox:

It now appears that one way or another, the Phoenix Coyotes are going to be playing games in Canada next season.

That could occur if the Ice Edge Holdings group, now back in the game, is able to purchase the team, as that group is still believed to want to hold at least five games a season in Saskatoon and the rest in Arizona.

Or, the entire kit and kaboodle could yet end up in Winnipeg with the rebirth of the Jets. It’s not impossible Manitoba could welcome the team it lost as early as later this month.

Wild. Crazy. But nothing seems too bizarre for this oddball situation any more.

It's interesting timing that this news came out last night because it appears the NHL was taking a preemptive approach yesterday morning when it released propagan ... err ... I mean ... stats showing the increases in tv ratings/unique vists to NHL.com in non-nhl market cities across the USA

GAINS FOR NON-NHL U.S. MARKETS ON NHL.COM (Unique visitors, year over year for playoffs)
Kansas City - up 153%
Austin - up 76%
Sacramento - up 60%
Milwaukee - up 59%
Portland (Ore.) - up 51%
Salt Lake City - up 47%
Portland/Auburn (Maine) - up 44%
Baltimore - up 43%
Cleveland - up 43%
Seattle/Tacoma - up 43%
Cincinnati - up 39%
San Diego - up 38%
Orlando - up 31%
Las Vegas - up 26%
Indianapolis - up 24%

so to summarize ... this song is most appropriate

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more contender for the list...

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The city of Glendale has gotta realize that if they don't give some parking and concession revenues to the ownership group, no owner is going to agree to its lease terms.

If the Yotes go back to the Peg, where do the Moose go?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just answered this in the other thread - Manitoba Moose to Victoria (Bye Bye Salmon Kings)

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just answered this in the other thread - Manitoba Moose to Victoria (Bye Bye Salmon Kings)

hey dash where is that coming from ... I read Ice Edge would take over the AHL Moose and move them to Thunder Bay

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey dash where is that coming from ... I read Ice Edge would take over the AHL Moose and move them to Thunder Bay

I'm just making stuff up jstew...I think hockey fans in Victoria would get charged up about seeing the baby Canucks, that's all.

maddogmark25

In the Pot Bunker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
theres only one response for a situation like this...

EDIT: Why is Youtube failing right now?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the Ice Edge plan since day one was to play 5 games in Saskabush ... if Glendale is asking Ice Edge to get back in the picture to buy the team you know Reinsdorf deal is dead

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that seem like a completely absurd solution to anybody else? I'd be pissed as hell if the Bruins played 5 games a year in Kansas City.

Didn't the Expos play a few games in San Juan, Puerto Rico when MLB owned them? I don't think El Presidente was still with the team at that time, though.

Edit: Jose Vidro and Wil Cordero received big cheers though.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that seem like a completely absurd solution to anybody else? I'd be pissed as hell if the Bruins played 5 games a year in Kansas City.

Which is why Ice Edge really had no shot to begin with in getting a deal with Glendale/the NHL

but now Reinsdorf is out

and the NHL has no billionaires knocking on the front door desperately wanting to own a team in Phoenix, a market that had a good year this year and still will lose 20 mill

Glendale knows this ... its their last stand ... they want Ice Edge back because if not the NHL will hand the keys over to the only billionaire who wants a team right now ... and he's in Winnipeg

BostonAJ

They fucking won?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Glendale knows this ... its their last stand ... they want Ice Edge back because if not the NHL will hand the keys over to the only billionaire who wants a team right now ... and he's in Winnipeg

What stuns me is how Glendale is handling the situation. They're offering one of the worst arena deals for one of the least popular hockey markets. That building has no other regular events. If the Coyotes move, that city is screwed. Like esls mentioned, they need to offer some Jeremy Jacobsesque rights to whomever is crazy enough to buy the team.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What stuns me is how Glendale is handling the situation. They're offering one of the worst arena deals for one of the least popular hockey markets. That building has no other regular events. If the Coyotes move, that city is screwed. Like esls mentioned, they need to offer some Jeremy Jacobsesque rights to whomever is crazy enough to buy the team.

has anyone read why exactly the reinsdorf deal is dead?

its amazing how quickly this worm has turned

ICE EDGE now owns the HAMMER in a major way ... they are telling Glendale to bend over as per Dregers twitter:

Without assurance Glendale is going to fund losses, Ice Edge is reluctant to move forward in the Coyotes sale fiasco

lol well played Glendale!!!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the Flames get Keith Yandle in the dispersal draft, it's all good ;-)