• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yankees starting 1st baseman Bird - foot problems again already

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a great opportunity for Dumpster diving Depoto to pull off another trade while Vogelbachs stock is shy high after his impressive spring training

NYY Greg Bird is hobbled to start the season and last year he missed a ton of games with foot and ankle problems

Would love to see a really nice big league reliever or starter come our way trading Vogelbach. I am in win now mode with the strongest 25 man roster you can push out there.

article here:

Yankees Greg Bird sore right foot

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a great opportunity for Dumpster diving Depoto to pull off another trade while Vogelbachs stock is shy high after his impressive spring training

NYY Greg Bird is hobbled to start the season and last year he missed a ton of games with foot and ankle problems

Would love to see a really nice big league reliever or starter come our way trading Vogelbach. I am in win now mode with the strongest 25 man roster you can push out there.

article here:

Yankees Greg Bird sore right foot

Unfortunately we had to send Mike Ford back to the Yankees.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately we had to send Mike Ford back to the Yankees.

Yea I saw where the rule 5 dealio sent Ford back and now that Vogelbach busted out and made the 25 man roster ... none of that wild trade deals are gonna transpire

Best case scenario for the M's is both Healy and Danny V tear the cover off the ball and we have a trade chip with either to another club who needs a 1b.

Or retain both moving forward.

We still have to scratch out another arm for our starting rotation as its held together with glue mud and gauze pads.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I saw where the rule 5 dealio sent Ford back and now that Vogelbach busted out and made the 25 man roster ... none of that wild trade deals are gonna transpire

Best case scenario for the M's is both Healy and Danny V tear the cover off the ball and we have a trade chip with either to another club who needs a 1b.

Or retain both moving forward.

We still have to scratch out another arm for our starting rotation as its held together with glue mud and gauze pads.

If both hit well this year, I could see Vogelbach being the starting DH next year.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And DIPoto doesn't trade away, he gives away. Our luck he would trade Vogelbach for Ford...lol.
LOL- DIPstick would be crucified if he gave away Vogey at this point. Wish Vogelbach's defense was as strong as his offense has been. Up through yesterday he was 19 for 49 AB's with those 6 HR's and an ERA of .388. I like the combo @ 1B of Vogey and Healy with the lefty righty options. We don't have any idea how long he'll be knocking the ball around but for now I think we should keep him unless for some odd reason a #1 starter popped up on the scene.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aggreed...somehow it seems to be working out well IMO..and vogelbach can take the LH hitter off the bench
then there may be no need for romine..cuz also IMo.. motter is a better hitter
and beckham as well

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol like marinersbestfan..i liked the edit at mlb cuz you got to edit till the next poster, posted

that said ..i feel sorry for the miami fans.and jeter's fire sale..but i would trade romine there for a AAA relief
guy..cuz i think he could help them...oh my goodness

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and they have ichi=scrachy and gamel coming back for LH hitters ...so...

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL- DIPstick would be crucified if he gave away Vogey at this point. Wish Vogelbach's defense was as strong as his offense has been. Up through yesterday he was 19 for 49 AB's with those 6 HR's and an ERA of .388. I like the combo @ 1B of Vogey and Healy with the lefty righty options. We don't have any idea how long he'll be knocking the ball around but for now I think we should keep him unless for some odd reason a #1 starter popped up on the scene.

Yea all clubs are set right now at 1b and DH

Dan V earned his roster spot the good ole fashion way. Kicking ass in ST and working hard to hone his hitting skills

I see a platoon at 1b ( lefty righty pitchers ) and I see them both as viable pinch hitters when we need a big bat late in a game in place of Gordon or maybe a struggling Zunino on a bad game at the plate.

Having a couple big boys at 1b who both can go yard anytime is a huge assett.

If one of them becomes a trade chip as the season progresses .... cross that bridge when we get to it.

NYY Bird is out for a couple months with surgery - They have Tyler Austin to fill in for him