• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yangervis Solarte

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off what a great name!!!

I am trying to figure out his fantasy value... and having a tough time figuring it out... He seems like a nice young player with multiple position elligibility...

He has a .348 BA and .434 OBP so far, that is great for both BA and OBP leagues...

lets just assume he remains as a very good BA/OBP guy...
I see 2 problems with him:
1. lack of power and speed- to be weak at both is not a good fantasy trait.
2. He is a bottom of the order guy and will remain there unless injuries allow him to get on top... There is no way that JETER and his name will ever not hit at the top... there is no way a healthy Beltran, or ellsbury will ever not be top of the order... and Brett gardner is also avallable for the top of the order...
what this means is that he will never be a good RBI or RUN guy for this fantasy season...

So how would you value him?? will he remain a WW pickup?? Should he ever start in a normal league??

does he need derek Jeter to get hurt to increase his value??

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely more of a points league guy. That being said, he's pretty much out of nowhere, so who knows how his arsenal will pan out. Lots of time for injuries and slumps to give him a few looks up top, but I agree, he's destined for 6-9 territory (although 6 isn't too bad).

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at him like this. .
He's a nice guy to have on the roster. Given the amount of time he's spent in the minors. . He is what he was. . He's not going to develop any more power than he has now. And he's never been a "great" average hitter. . But better than average.
Given the multi position eligibility, he's got some value, won't hurt your BA or OB on weeks that you do have to play him, but won't add much to any other aspect. I grabbed him for week 2, then dumped him. . But I'd rather have him back and play him over Kyle Seager I'll tell ya that much.

I think he deserves to be owned, but maybe not necessarily depended on for anything other than a flexible fill in for injured/slumping players.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at him like this. .
He's a nice guy to have on the roster. Given the amount of time he's spent in the minors. . He is what he was. . He's not going to develop any more power than he has now. And he's never been a "great" average hitter. . But better than average.
Given the multi position eligibility, he's got some value, won't hurt your BA or OB on weeks that you do have to play him, but won't add much to any other aspect. I grabbed him for week 2, then dumped him. . But I'd rather have him back and play him over Kyle Seager I'll tell ya that much.

I think he deserves to be owned, but maybe not necessarily depended on for anything other than a flexible fill in for injured/slumping players.

I think he's one of those play-'em-while-they're-hot guys, but who knows? There sure are a few surprises in the early going this year. :noidea:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's one of those play-'em-while-they're-hot guys, but who knows? There sure are a few surprises in the early going this year. :noidea:

:agree: As a fan I hope he keeps it up. In reality I see him fading about the end of April.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also when tex comes back which is possibly on.Sunday he will not be playing daily and he will be rotating with Johnson and possibl Roberts

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also when tex comes back which is possibly on.Sunday he will not be playing daily and he will be rotating with Johnson and possibl Roberts

That's probably the biggest deterrent right there. Jeter and Tex won't be sitting. .3 guys for 2 positions. If he's lucky he's splitting time with Johnson at 3rd