• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yamaha RX-V367 Receiver

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Yamaha RX-V367 recently started acting up; at first I thought it had been struck by lightning, but after unplugging it and checking all the connections, I found out that the HDMI 1 input stopped working. I had my satellite box going into the HDMI 1, PS3 into HDMI 2, and a Nintendo Wii into the AV 5. After a storm last night, the receiver would turn on for roughly 10 seconds, then shut off on its own. After unplugging it and waiting, it finally started working again, but the HDMI 1 input would not work (my TV kept saying "no signal"). I finally moved the inputs over one and it works fine, but I find it hard to believe that just the HDMI 1 input jack would malfunction.

Anyone have any ideas? Otherwise, the functionality of the receiver is completely intact; I bought it with a gift card when I got my bedroom set several years in preparation to set a home theater. Just haven't gotten any surround sound as of yet, but it is very nice only having to run one HDMI and one component cable to the TV.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Yamaha RX-V367 recently started acting up; at first I thought it had been struck by lightning, but after unplugging it and checking all the connections, I found out that the HDMI 1 input stopped working. I had my satellite box going into the HDMI 1, PS3 into HDMI 2, and a Nintendo Wii into the AV 5. After a storm last night, the receiver would turn on for roughly 10 seconds, then shut off on its own. After unplugging it and waiting, it finally started working again, but the HDMI 1 input would not work (my TV kept saying "no signal"). I finally moved the inputs over one and it works fine, but I find it hard to believe that just the HDMI 1 input jack would malfunction.

Anyone have any ideas? Otherwise, the functionality of the receiver is completely intact; I bought it with a gift card when I got my bedroom set several years in preparation to set a home theater. Just haven't gotten any surround sound as of yet, but it is very nice only having to run one HDMI and one component cable to the TV.

I've noticed as of late that the HDMI 1 port on one of my tv's (Sanyo) has started acting up a little. Sometimes I get that "No Signal" jive too but if I wiggle the cable a little it works and it may be a while before it happens again. I've been meaning to take it apart and check for loose connections and what not but I've been too lazy. Not that any of this helps you any, just thought I'd share I guess :csb:.