• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ya'll don't mess around if Joaquin

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like it's coming your way...especially if you are on the coast. If its a 2 or 3, I would recommend getting out of it's way.

I've been through my share of hurricane's since I moved to the panhandle of Florida. Don't take anything for granted. BE PREPARED, because you never know. If you plan to ride it out, go to the store now and stock up on stuff you might need in case you lose power for a while, just in case.

To my brother and sister Redskins fans who might be in the path let's hope Joaquin goes out to sea, but if not please be safe. GOD bless. And, HTTR.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like it's coming your way...especially if you are on the coast. If its a 2 or 3, I would recommend getting out of it's way.

I've been through my share of hurricane's since I moved to the panhandle of Florida. Don't take anything for granted. BE PREPARED, because you never know. If you plan to ride it out, go to the store now and stock up on stuff you might need in case you lose power for a while, just in case.

To my brother and sister Redskins fans who might be in the path let's hope Joaquin goes out to sea, but if not please be safe. GOD bless. And, HTTR.

Thanks Mitz....will do, great reminder and heads up advice:suds:

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Mitz....will do, great reminder and heads up advice:suds:

We all LOVE our football team, but some things are more important. You on the coast Stymie?

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful and take a easy everyone, I heard that if this game is postponed on Sunday then they might move the Eagles vs Redskins game to week 8 since we both were supposed to have a bye that week anyways

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all LOVE our football team, but some things are more important. You on the coast Stymie?

Pretty close, .....Maryland a bit inland but close enough to be in the warning areas.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty close, .....Maryland a bit inland but close enough to be in the warning areas.

If it's a 2 or 3, and you are on the right side get out of there my brother. You can always come back.

Prayers to you, and yours...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was living in South Fl, near the coast during that crazy couple of years of Cat 2 and 3 hurricanes.

Prepare and definitely take care. Don't let pets sway you. That was my error. Move them and you to safety if need be.

High end Cat 2s overlap severity with low end Cat 3s and in retrospect I promised myself I wouldn't ride out anything close to that again, it was insane to stay.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck, east coast brethren.

Though, I'd love to trade some of our sunshine out west for some of your rain back east.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted a thread on the Eagles board in regard to this storm. This is not good for neither of our teams. If we have to reschedule during our bye week, this puts both of us at a disadvantage in our division. I think the NFL has to look for a site available to get this game in.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted a thread on the Eagles board in regard to this storm. This is not good for neither of our teams. If we have to reschedule during our bye week, this puts both of us at a disadvantage in our division. I think the NFL has to look for a site available to get this game in.

Why would the Redskins agree to this? You would basically be taking a home game away from them. Using this suggestion you likely would not be able to play anywhere near the DC area, and if conditions were bad it is highly unlikely that most fans would travel for this game (they would have other things to worry about & travel would not be safe).

If the weather is that bad come Sunday - well there are things more important then football so they really should just call the game off for that time & allow players, fans, etc to worry about their families and residences. Having the game played during week 8 is really not that big of a deal.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think it will be that big a deal for the game. The projections have it off Cape Hatteras Monday morning and there are many questions about it even making landfall.

If it were to arrive early and effect kickoff, push the game back to Monday night. Honestly though...I hope the game is played in nasty weather. It sets up better for us.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck all. I've lived through my share of hurricane warnings too. The projections are usually off a little so hopefully it will change course just enough. Stay safe.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always enjoy goin people watching in the dmv before a predicted storm ... so much hustle & shuffle

:dhd: