• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WWE Network

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great freaking deal. $9.99 a month compared to $50 bucks for each PPV. It's a no-brainer.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's a great freaking deal. $9.99 a month compared to $50 bucks for each PPV. It's a no-brainer.

Agreed.
My only complaint is that I wish it was actually carried by a TV company. I don't want to watch the PPVs on my computer and I'm not tech savvy as far as hooking up my TV to stream directly from the computer. I might have to learn how to do that I guess.

I still hope this is the transitional model and there's eventually a traditional Network.

This also explains why RAW has become a 3 hr commercial for the WWE app.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait........you have to subscribe and watch it on your TV?????????

Then what is the point?

There have been several online streams for PPVs in the past.

If I want to relive great moments of the past I just YouTube it.....

Ridiculous they don't have this on TV.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then what is the point?

It's widely believed that the reason it has taken WWE this long to announce the WWE Network is because no TV carriers would pick it up, which is why they had to resort to this model. I think it will be available on TV in a few years.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's widely believed that the reason it has taken WWE this long to announce the WWE Network is because no TV carriers would pick it up, which is why they had to resort to this model. I think it will be available on TV in a few years.

IF it's a success. I don't know, if I am WWE I would have maybe waited until a carrier did pick it up...I just don't see it being a huge success for them being exclusively online. Because of what I stated above, really, all that it offers for $9.99 someone can find for free already online.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF it's a success. I don't know, if I am WWE I would have maybe waited until a carrier did pick it up...I just don't see it being a huge success for them being exclusively online. Because of what I stated above, really, all that it offers for $9.99 someone can find for free already online.

The PPV's can be found online, but they are also going to be showing a lot of old stuff. I know I wouldn't mind watching some old WCW Nitro's.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should start Raw and or Nitro all the way from the beginning and replay them up until now. One episode a week or once episode a day, that would get good ratings.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PPV's can be found online, but they are also going to be showing a lot of old stuff. I know I wouldn't mind watching some old WCW Nitro's.

They should start Raw and or Nitro all the way from the beginning and replay them up until now. One episode a week or once episode a day, that would get good ratings.

Jeffro - You can catch all the classic Nitro's and RAWs on YouTube.

7NC - That would be a good idea. Once a week, you could play Nitro before RAW as it use to be somewhat like that during both companies glory days. The Monday night wars. relive that and $9.99 might be worth it.

I am curious to see how they are going to fill 24/7 programming though.

I guess they could start pumping out more documentaries?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd be shocked if they don't clean up Youtube by the time the channel launches.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont know about this, they are on 5 or 6 networks including spanish. WWE Network to me say they dont share the profits with anybody and want to be their own boss. Look at WWE Films as the model.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.
My only complaint is that I wish it was actually carried by a TV company. I don't want to watch the PPVs on my computer and I'm not tech savvy as far as hooking up my TV to stream directly from the computer. I might have to learn how to do that I guess.

I still hope this is the transitional model and there's eventually a traditional Network.

It's not hard at all. Just google it. But if you've got an Xbox, you can stream it off XBL as well I think.

The network sounds like a great deal if you order a lot of PPVs. Actually, its a good deal if you order 3 or more. What's a PPV? 50 bucks? So if you order 3 a year you're paying 150 bucks, but a full year of the network is 120 bucks.

But I don't watch many PPVs and I have no desire to burn endless of amounts of time watching backlog content (even if its awesome stuff).

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not hard at all. Just google it. But if you've got an Xbox, you can stream it off XBL as well I think.

The network sounds like a great deal if you order a lot of PPVs. Actually, its a good deal if you order 3 or more. What's a PPV? 50 bucks? So if you order 3 a year you're paying 150 bucks, but a full year of the network is 120 bucks.

But I don't watch many PPVs and I have no desire to burn endless of amounts of time watching backlog content (even if its awesome stuff).

Yep...no need to go and rewatch every single RAW from the 90s. I remember awesome segments or rivalries that happened and youtube them. watch whatever segment I thought was awesome or watch the matches that were great, perfect for little bits and pieces.

Who has the time to sit down and watch hours worth of RAWS that happened 15 years ago?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just too much for me. I can only give a few hours of my life to wrestling per week and don't find myself longing for more. It would lose it's luster if I was watching 7 different WWE-related shows per week. It's overkill for me, personally...but I'm sure diehard fans will love the new network.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When can the Doobster sign up?

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When can the Doobster sign up?

Supposedly Feb 24. If you pay for at least four events out of the yr, then the subscription would basically pay for itself. Like all new services though you have to watch for glitches. Thats one advantage PPV has over streaming, but streaming wins with smooth operations. I think it will be June before it comes to Xbox One and smart tvs though. Vince says his product has made the cable/satellite companies money as far as PPVs and they should reconsider keeping it off their programming, but who's gonna pay $600 a yr when they can pay $120? I think Vince is toying with these companies.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

If you've got a PS/Xbox or a smart tv or smart blu-ray player (which you could get for under $70), that's your solution.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then what is the point?

I wouldn't be surprised if they heavily start cracking down on them in the next few weeks, like NBC and Fox did when they launched Hulu. You'll probably see a ton of old PPVs/matches removed from Youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have actually been watching the old raw's from 97' when they formed DX, every episode of MNR is on there and they will play one after another if you wanna keep watching.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so for the cost of two pay per views you get 12 pay per views and archives from every alliance they bought out. sounds too good to be true.