• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WWE needs Jim Ross

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a little thin at the top with Cena, Rollins, and Orton injured. Once they're healthy there's too much talent for one brand.
I absolutely agree with this. If you split and you have 2 titles again then you have plenty of guys to fight for them. Cena, Orton, Rollins, Reigns, Owens, Lesnar, Ambrose, Wyatt, Cesaro, Del Rio, Sheamus, Styles, Jericho, Ziggler, Rusev, Ryback, Neville. A WHOLE lot of talent on this roster. Not even counting young guys who could be brought up in Breeze, Samoa Joe, Balor, Zayne, Corbin.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A true brand split doesn't seem like a horrible idea. There are enough NXT fans and it's not even on cable. I like the idea of keeping Raw the flagship but start incorporating NXT guys or under used talent on Smackdown. It's not like ratings are good for Smackdown anyway so change the direction of the show which in turn will help Raw and Smackdown ratings when they do a supershow prior to big the big PPV's

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing, so Rollins, Cena and Orton return....What really does that do? We have seen Orton and Cena fued with just about everyone already, so them returning doesn't really get me excited. Especially Orton considering the guy is boring now at this stage of his career.

Cena returning would be huge because regardless of his status he is a huge money maker and a good draw, and can do a decent mid card story..

Rollins is the biggest one missing right now, because Rollins hasn't had that many feuds, I would be excited to see him feud with some people.

SO although those are 3 big names out, I think they are big in just name alone. The only one I am really interested in his return is Rollins, as I think he comes back as face and see who he feuds with....Cena, meh, he will come back and feud with a mid carder for a bit then move on to the next one. Orton, Orton is so boring now I could care less if he returned. And Orton use to be one of my favorites, but he is extremely bland now and has already feuded with just about everyone.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's not that those 3 are game changers. But they all belong at the top of the card. Once Rollins, Cena, Orton, Reigns and Ambrose get slotted for feuds there won't be time for anyone else for on the show. The roster right now I loaded with mid card and upper midcard talent. AJ Styles, the Wyatts, the LON, Kevin Owens, Neville, Cesaro, Ziggler etc.. Without a brandsplit most of those of guys are going to get lost in the shuffle. You can make Rollins or Ambrose the face of smack down and then build a really good show around some of the names I mentioned

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take AJ Styles and Kevin Owens near main event than I would want Orton or Reigns.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a little thin at the top with Cena, Rollins, and Orton injured. Once they're healthy there's too much talent for one brand.

I'm going to assume you watch the WWE more than I do (I only watch from time to time) so I'll take your word for it. From the outside looking in though, it doesn't look like there is that much star power.

Reducing RAW to two hours is important. Way too much filler on that show right now.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm going to assume you watch the WWE more than I do (I only watch from time to time) so I'll take your word for it. From the outside looking in though, it doesn't look like there is that much star power.

Reducing RAW to two hours is important. Way too much filler on that show right now.

They're lacking in star power but it's not related to roster depth imo. A little over a decade ago they picked Cena and Orton as the future stars of the company. They're legacy guys now. The Shield were picked as the next stars and they've all been protected, but to varying degrees (Roman then Rollins then Ambrose).

Due mostly to 50/50 booking and lack of quality story lines the rest of the roster feels like interchangeable mid carders. I'd argue a brand split can actually help that problem. Rusev and the WWE would both be better off with him being booked like a monster heel in a Smackdown-only brand as oppose a background player in a faction on Smackdown and Raw. Rusev is just an example. They have so much underutilized mid card talent.

I agree about Raw working much better in the 2 hour format. Unless you want the talent putting on PPV quality matches every week that's too much wrestling to watch in one sitting

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant imagine WWE sustaining or pleasing USA much longer with this watered down 3 hour RAWs....The ratings continue to drop and they are getting no bump leading into what is suppose to be WWE's hottest part of the year.....

The problem with a brand split is Smackdown is a forgotten show many times. And if you try to even out the brands the top superstars of Smackdown can become buried because not many people tune into it.