• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU schedule

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU plays Baylor, Ok. St., TCU, and Kansas St. in 4 of the next 5 games. Combined record of those teams is 19-3.

The 3 losses:
· 6 point loss to undefeated #2 Florida St.
· 3 point loss to @ undefeated #4 Baylor
· 6 point loss to #6 Auburn

Can someone tell me how a 1 loss TCU is ranked behind a 1 loss Oklahoma?
:gaah:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU plays Baylor, Ok. St., TCU, and Kansas St. in 4 of the next 5 games. Combined record of those teams is 19-3.

The 3 losses:
· 6 point loss to undefeated #2 Florida St.
· 3 point loss to @ undefeated #4 Baylor
· 6 point loss to #6 Auburn

Can someone tell me how a 1 loss TCU is ranked behind a 1 loss Oklahoma?
:gaah:

NAME, that is the big fallacy of div 1A football, your name is more important than game, the league you happen to belong to is more important than how YOUR team plays, how many fans you bring to a bowl is more important than how you perform on the field.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with GoldRusher. The rankings mean absolutely nothing anymore... Thank God!!

It is all about the committee now...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that the committee is going to have pressure on them to follow the polls though. At least to use them in part. I'll believe the polls aren't part of the equation once I see it.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that the committee is going to have pressure on them to follow the polls though. At least to use them in part. I'll believe the polls aren't part of the equation once I see it.

:agree:, there will indeed be a poll influence, and a name bias, and a league bias, I would LOVE to see Marshall be the lone undefeated team this year to prove the bias, the sooner this crap is debunked, the sooner we get a REAL playoff.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well… I hope you're wrong.

One of the things I like most about the NCAA basketball selection committee is that they have a set of criteria, and they truly seem to follow it. I know there are always a few bubble teams one is left scratching their heads over… but, the polls have nothing to do with the selection of teams nor their seeding.

SMU was a top 25 team last year… didn't make the dance. UofL was ranked 5 or higher… not even a 2 seed.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB just as the field for the NCAA tourney always had WAY too many BE and ACC teams in it, I fear that the football version will quickly become an SEC lovefest, I read the other day that today the field of four would be miss, miss st, fsu, and ND, the polls and the bias will live on until there is a true playoff, with every conference champ involved (like the roundball tourney does)

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB just as the field for the NCAA tourney always had WAY too many BE and ACC teams in it, I fear that the football version will quickly become an SEC loveliest, I read the other day that today the field of four would be miss, miss st, fsu, and ND, the polls and the bias will live on until there is a true playoff, with every conference champ involved (like the roundball tourney does)

I think it will be a short time before the playoff is expanded. I have always been a playoff proponent and debated the issue regularly on CBS.

I would love for CBS to still exist to rehash the topic. I caught a lot of grief for my stance. Playoffs would kill the regular season… it still makes me laugh.

As for the field as of today, there is no way a team makes the playoff without winning its conference. No way both Ole Miss and MSU would make the field.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen one that left out Baylor....

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind this is the first go round for the selection committee, they will be feeling out the process themselves and making any changes that they feel are needed as the season(s) progresses. Nobody REALLY knows how they will make their decisions just yet. Personally I want a distinct deviation from the old poll system and I think we are going to see it, otherwise, what was the point?

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:, there will indeed be a poll influence, and a name bias, and a league bias, I would LOVE to see Marshall be the lone undefeated team this year to prove the bias, the sooner this crap is debunked, the sooner we get a REAL playoff.

Have you looked at the schedule Marshall plays? It has to be easier then 75% of the FCS teams play. Middle Tennessee or Rice is their toughest opponent. One team they play the entire season so far is above 500. If they don't go undefeated, it would be a travesty. I could not see it being bias if every other team had 3 losses in the playoffs and Marshall got picked over. That schedule is a complete joke.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you looked at the schedule Marshall plays? It has to be easier then 75% of the FCS teams play. Middle Tennessee or Rice is their toughest opponent. One team they play the entire season so far is above 500. If they don't go undefeated, it would be a travesty. I could not see it being bias if every other team had 3 losses in the playoffs and Marshall got picked over. That schedule is a complete joke.

Mike, THAT is a major problem with the system in place now, and every previous system that has chosen a "champion" in college football, yes, Marshall has an easier schedule than Alabama, BUT, Marshall has mopped the floor with everyone they have played. We heard how easy Utah, Boise, even WVU had, BUT, all have done pretty well against the big boys in the major bowls. Until there is a TRUE playoff, with EVERY conference champion included, no one will know who the best team is, just as we have never known before. I agree with BB, the people claiming a playoff would make the season meaningless are out to lunch, if anything it would make it more important, especially if the playoff would include ONLY league champions.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah, Boise, and WVU all played ranked opponents on their course to making a BCS bowl. all those teams were also passed up on the NC game and were put in the less significant BCS bowls.

If you want to play with the big boys, you have to play the big boys. Marshall does not want to play the big boys, because, like WVU, nobody wants to schedule home and home against a school that only holds 30K in their stadium. Marshall may go undefeated and still have 6 SEC teams ranked higher. Their reward may be a New Years Day bowl, possibly against one of those 6 SEC teams.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well… I hope you're wrong.

One of the things I like most about the NCAA basketball selection committee is that they have a set of criteria, and they truly seem to follow it. I know there are always a few bubble teams one is left scratching their heads over… but, the polls have nothing to do with the selection of teams nor their seeding.

SMU was a top 25 team last year… didn't make the dance. UofL was ranked 5 or higher… not even a 2 seed.
I hope I'm wrong too, but we all know there will be pressure. Basketball has 64... errr 68 slots. A lot more pressure when you only get 4.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cbs site has their projection as ole miss, bama, Mich state, and fsu.........

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen one that left out Baylor....

I've yet to see one that includes Baylor, I've only seen predictions with two SEC schools, fsu, and a variety for the fourth team.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solution make an 8 team playoff with conference winners playing the top 4 SEC teams.

This SEC bias is incredible in the polls. I don't think the committee will take 2 SEC schools, deserving or not in the first playoff unless there are 2 loss champs in the B12, PAC or B10.

The only way I see the B12 being excluded from the playoff is if WVU wins the conference this year.