• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WSU @ Nevada

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Are you trying to send a message to team SEC… :behindsofa:

Well, ask Chris Petersen about his weekend on the islands. Ask Colorado how their little trip went. I guess the SEC is smarter, they don't even consider taking such games, unless it's at a nearby "neutral" site against someone that they are pretty sure that they can beat. The stats do show that the SEC is the worst offender, but they ain't the only ones.

I'll say it again, when played on the road, the major conference team doesn't do nearly as well overall, as when it's played at home.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"COUG" again last night...I have lost so much vCash on these idiots that I have ...YES...become an idiot.

Maybe Wazzy gazoo has been right all along...that Leach is a 2nd class coach and belongs at the Texas Techs of the world.

Salude Wazzy...this Bud's for u!
:suds:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how the hell did Leach have top ten teams at TT, yet his teams at WSu look pretty awful.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that happens in so many of these games is that the major conference team is at home. This distorts the records. As in this game, when a "lower" conference team gets to host the game, the results are much more even. Home field does matter.

Right, it has nothing to do with the fact that WSU is maybe the second worst team in the Pac right? I mean if Stanford, UCLA, USC, or even Zona goes in there they might lose because it's on the road right? :L

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how the hell did Leach have top ten teams at TT, yet his teams at WSu look pretty awful.

Think WSU had won like 5 games the entire 3 seasons before Leach took it over. To say there was no talent there is an understatement. Rebuilding in college takes a few years unless you are at a university that recuits itself. Pullman doesn't attract people on its own.

taka85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

isn't it only his 2nd year? i think he's a good coach.

did you watch the game? washington state largely outplayed nevada for most of the game but just couldn't figure out how to put points on the board.

also, although i know lubbock is not exactly the destination top recruits wants to go... it is still probably easier to recruit the fertile texas high school talent to an in-state school than it is to get southern california talent to go to pullman.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, it has nothing to do with the fact that WSU is maybe the second worst team in the Pac right? I mean if Stanford, UCLA, USC, or even Zona goes in there they might lose because it's on the road right? :L

Nevada was 4-8 last year, while they are obviously improved, it's not like Wazzou took on a top FBS team. Reno is a tough place to play, trust me, I know.

My point stands, it's a statistical fact, all other things being equal, the home team will win more often than not. The fact that the overwhelming number of these major/non major matches are played at the major's home field does skew the results. Sure, in most cases the major school, with more money, better facilities, higher rated players, and so on, has a decided edge, but it doesn't undo the principle of home field advantage. One example, both of Wazzou's missed field goals were kicked into the South end, where there are some major visual background issues that might distract a kicker not familiar with them. Every stadium has its quirks, some bigger than others. Add in the home crowd, locker facilities, PA announcer, location of the rowdy or student sections, availability of alcohol, and so on, well you get my point.

Of course, add in that Wazzou sucks and Leach is a jerk, well, what can I say? But he came a hell of a lot closer to beating a similarly talented team in Pullman than he did in Reno.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think WSU had won like 5 games the entire 3 seasons before Leach took it over. To say there was no talent there is an understatement. Rebuilding in college takes a few years unless you are at a university that recuits itself. Pullman doesn't attract people on its own.

Oh bull shit, he had plenty of talent his first two seasons. He is just a lousy coach who has too big of an ego to look in the mirror.