• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WOWOW!!!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap! What a win by the Cubs!

Least I moved to Chicago, knew the roster (thanks to guys at work that talked 24/7 about them) and was rooting for them prior to this season. Would feel like a heel if I started cheering for them this season lol.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Cubs (which sucks since I love StL). Keep it going and win this thing!

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beat the two best records in baseball. Loved Arrietas comment, "Nobody wants to play us now" Schwarber robbed on that home run distance though.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing Cardinals fans leaning on the old "injuries" as an excuse.
Exactly how did injuries cause them to lose this series? Yeah, they were missing Molina, but if you can't win with one guy out, what's up with that?
And the part about everybody missing all those games -- they won 100 games. It wasn't as if they needed to win 116 or so to be in position to play the Cubs.
Someone explain how "injuries" is what hurt St. Louis in this series. Martinez wouldn't have been used anyhow.
Waino missed the whole season and they won 100 games without him.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Martinez would have started over Garcia. I am glad we wont be hearing about Taveres anymore, poor guy that killed his fiance and forced them to get Jason Heyward. That kid they got with the compensation pick for Pujols will fill his void nicely.

Easy to hate the cardinals, but gotta respect them and their system.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could argue that Martinez would have let Matheny skip Lackey on short rest, but the point was -- even Lackey pitching poorly, the game was tied in the 6th inning so ... not really taking a step backward there.

I agree that losing 3 out of 4 isn't a sign that a team is a failure after they win 100 ... but claiming injuries are the reason is not a good excuse. Just play better. It wasn't fill-in guys who let Soler, Baez and Schwarber beat them. All guys in their first playoff series ever, against a team of playoff veterans who kept telling us that experience would be the difference.

Times are, you get the bear ... or the bear gets you.

Excuses are not valid.