• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow!!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a wide-ranging column detailing the Redskins' impending split with GM Scot McCloughan, the Washington Post explains the separation was caused by arguments over control and whether to sign Kirk Cousins long term, and the Redskins' lack of support for McCloughan.

We would recommend reading the piece below if you're any kind of NFL fan. McCloughan felt disrespected the Redskins did not defend him when Chris Cooley spread a rumor McCloughan had relapsed into alcoholism. McCloughan also told people in 2016 he would have signed Cousins long term "if he had full control," which "angered" team president Bruce Allen. McCloughan and the coaching staff clashed over McCloughan's preference of more-talented Rashad Ross over coaches-pet Ryan Grant. The Post reports McCloughan never stopped drinking, but "several peers all agreed they didn't believe McCloughan's drinking ever hindered his job." Per the Post, the Redskins and McCloughan are now "in the process of working toward a buyout." Allen and coach Jay Gruden won the power struggle.

Source: Washington Post
Mar 8 - 8:03 PM

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posed this a while ago. If you had to choose between Jay and Kirk or Scot who do you take. Well Jay just got an extension, Kirk just got franchised and was offered 20 mil and Scot has been told to stay away. Looks like Dan chose Jay and Kirk.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posed this a while ago. If you had to choose between Jay and Kirk or Scot who do you take. Well Jay just got an extension, Kirk just got franchised and was offered 20 mil and Scot has been told to stay away. Looks like Dan chose Jay and Kirk.

Problem is, it should have never come to this. Kirk should have been signed long term last year. Jay should have been extended the moment the season ended and it was decided to get rid of Barry.

We take one step forward and two steps back and then wonder what the hell went wrong. I fully expect tomorrow to be a showcase in winning off the field. We are going to rework a few expensive guys, sign some big named expensive guys and hope we can deal Kirk for the #2 pick on draft day.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I hope that's not the case. Losing Scot, Kirk, Garçon, Jax, having to settle for Manusky because you waited too long to extend Jay, and giving Bruce full atonomy again in one off-season would be too much for me to handle.

Just when you think the dysfunction in Ashburn is gone..........

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't put into words the emotions I feel right now. Let me see. Frustrating, exasperated, depressed, cynical, hopeless. I have had Dan's back for years, but if he runs Scot out of town and it had nothing to do with alcohol and more to do with power, he lost me.

Dan Snyder: "I'm embarrassed, I just want to win." Gtfoh

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other teams win without the messah scott mac im like the russian in rocky (if he dies he dies) if we lose the messiah we lose the messiah bottom line talent wins games and we still have the same scouts and we will use some of the messiah blue print watch we will draft hard working defense players etc i just hope we can still get free agent help but yeah i think we are doomed but who knows like skinsdad always say .. lets wait and see

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Campbell and Jefferson are already gone.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Campbell and Jefferson are already gone.
Campbell is getting 14 mil a year so good we didn't do that. Garçon was 16?mil so good we didn't do that

Jefferson we will have to see

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I believe we're seeing is something that I'll refer to as the Haynesworth effect (H.E.) where winning off the field has garnered so much bad press and inadequate return on investments, that overpaying in free agency has become literally our third rail. Sure we can always point to the signing of Josh Norman, but I believe that SM convinced a reluctant Bruce and Dan to make that move.

Look for us to go after second tier players now that Scott is seemingly out or out for the moment. There's a revolt brewing in the nation and two things that must happen to quell full on insurrection will be signing Kirk and another big ticket free agent.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true then this is pretty depressing. Not so much for what has already occurred but rather what will take place moving fwd. Regardless of your stance on Cousins what leads anyone to believe that the current FO (assuming SM is toast) will make the rt move to get an effective QB if they unload Cousins? Any Snyder led regime has been terrible at selecting QBs who do anything more than be effective for a very short stretch. Their ability to find talent at other positions has been questionable at best & the good pickups are generally more about good fortune than anything else.

The follow up question is would any replacement GM be anything more than a puppet? Many folks were excited when SM came on board since it appeared that he had the background & would be given the necessary control to make his own decisions. Apparently that was not always the case & any replacement would probably have even less control. Allen just seems to be such a douche & you have to question whether he really gives a shit about the fans or even the team. It all appears to be about his massive ego.

Was looking forward to attending several road games this season that were going to be in places that would work for me. Now I have to question if my heart will even be that much into this team during the upcoming season. For God's sake Snyder if you care even a little about this team start addressing the real issues & make sure that you and your lapdog back off as much as possible.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McCloughan wanted Kirk, so you can't put him in the power struggle mix. Snyder has screwed things again. He should have told SM, Allen, and Gruden "I'm not paying you guys to have a sing along I'm paying you to build a winning, ON THE FIELD, football team!" Gibbs and Beat hard had clashes but Cooke made them sort through it and won two Superbowl titles. Danny boy shan't ever win diddly poo squat. :(