• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you give up a first rounder

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and a young defenseman for Ales Hemsky?!? I sure wouldn't, but Jim Matheson believes that's the asking price from Lowebellini.

Tambellini has talked to Hemsky’s agent, Jiri Crha, and knows what it’ll cost to bring him back, but the 28-year-old Hemsky seems to want his next contract to be over four or five years —_something the Oilers aren’t willing to offer.

So it appears the oft-injured Hemsky will likely have a new address in the coming days….

At any rate, the Oilers would likely be willing to give Hemsky another two years at $5 million, but not the four or five years the winger desires.

“It’s important for everybody . . . it’s your life,” Hemsky said last week. “The security of a long-term deal, that’s the best option. I’ve been here for 10 years and have worked hard to become (an UFA).”

Should they go the trade route, the Oilers are likely expecting a first-rounder and a young defenceman. The problem is the going rate for a rental player based on the recent trades of Pavel Kubina, Nicklas Grossman and Dominic Moore is a second-round draft pick and a prospect or another pick.

Edmonton has received calls on Hemsky from the Los Angeles Kings and possibly the San Jose Sharks and Boston Bruins.

Last edited by a moderator:

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Kings think that there would be some chemistry, maybe it's worth a gamble to them. I don't think this is the type of deal that would put the Sharks over the top though. Quick, alone, is enough to challenge for the West, but the Kings need to make the dance first. Lombardi could use a miracle.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's worth a prospect and a fifth.

jojoh07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
no thanks , maybe if the guy stayed healthy for longer then 20 game stretch

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by first rounder, you mean Hugh Jessiman, and by young defenseman you mean also Hugh Jessiman, than sure.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by first rounder, you mean Hugh Jessiman, and by young defenseman you mean also Hugh Jessiman, than sure.

Funny thing is I could easily see Hemsky ending up in Detroit.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is I could easily see Hemsky ending up in Detroit.

I think it would be a good fit (he still has skill), it's hard to imagine a guy that smooth not fitting in nicely on a line with Zetterberg... but Holland already chucked his first rounder for a guy who's youngish, durable, and fills an important looming hole on the blue line. I guarantee he won't be willing to give up anything of significance for an oft injured UFA to be who is having a horrible year. I can see maybe a mid level forward prospect and a 3rd + 4th rounder.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
A 3rd and the rights to a pair of Darren Langdon's long underwear

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deluded coiler bloggers and some msm keep spouting off about jon blum and a 1st

If the preds can give up what they did for hal gill, anythings possible

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ales Hemsky is worth a 1st round pick & a top prospect then I want at least that if not more for P.A. Parenteau. Parenteau has 12 goals 42 assists 54 points for the Islanders.

Parenteau is an UFA to be just like Hemsky, but his salary for this season is 1.25M.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mursak, Tatar, Emmerton, Nyquist, Conner.....These are all guys I'd rather have in the lineup over Alice.