• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would Tom Osborne retain Pelini?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using his own words in evaluating HWSNBN.

That it's not all about winning and losing.

Let's just assume Bo loses two more to get his average 4 losses per year with another blow-out.
He's already got one blow-out (3TD's) in UCLA.

Would T.O. retain Bo?

Osborne Announces Changes in Coaching Staff - Huskers.com - Nebraska Athletics Official Web Site

Feel free to cut and paste statements that are applicable.

On the qualities he is looking for in the next coach at Nebraska

“Obviously, you want somebody with integrity. And that doesn’t mean that these coaches don’t have integrity. I’m not saying that at all. But you want somebody whose word is good. It’s very important in recruiting that the players trust you. That what you tell them is going to happen. You want somebody that knows football and has a good work ethic. You want somebody that can motivate. Some people know football, but they really don’t get people to play hard for them. Again, I’m not saying that’s the case here. But you’ve got to get players to play hard. It’s still a Spartan game. I talked to (Bill) McCartney a couple weeks ago and hadn’t talked to him for two or three years. He has followed us pretty closely, and he said that we’ve lost our identity. What he was saying was that we used to be a team that people hated to play because they felt it for two or three weeks. I’m not saying that we need to go back to running the wishbone or running the option. I’m not getting into X’s and O’s. I’m talking about how we play. You have to play with intensity, and I think these coaches tried very hard to have that happen. I think they knew that. But at think at times, we didn’t have the intensity that you like to see in a football team.”

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
using those quotes no and what he said to cally no

knowing how loyal Tom is he would keep Bo until Bo went down to 7-8 wins or all blow out losses

Tom didn't bring in cally just like Shawn didn't bring in Bo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the difference though which I don't understand.

The players say that they LOVE Bo. They stick up for him to the media, but when it comes to game time they look like they lay down. I just don't get it.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they truly like him as they say they do

but can you come out and bash your coach heck no. so what can they do?

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The players say that they LOVE Bo. They stick up for him to the media, but when it comes to game time they look like they lay down. I just don't get it.
-------
Bo's hot/cold demeanor on game day HAS changed but I think it's because he was told to do so. What are his players going to say? That he's still the hot headed pr**k that he's always been in practice? Because for me that's what I think is happening. I believe the players still have to walk on eggshells around Bo and don't know whether to shit or go blind most of the time.

GBR

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Bo's hot/cold demeanor on game day HAS changed but I think it's because he was told to do so. What are his players going to say? That he's still the hot headed pr**k that he's always been in practice? Because for me that's what I think is happening. I believe the players still have to walk on eggshells around Bo and don't know whether to shit or go blind most of the time.

GBR
exactly let someone air out Bo player wise they would be fucked playtime gone and probably kicked off the team ala Antonio bell

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
using those quotes no and what he said to cally no

knowing how loyal Tom is he would keep Bo until Bo went down to 7-8 wins or all blow out losses

Tom didn't bring in cally just like Shawn didn't bring in Bo.

Not so sure Tom is loyal to Bo. He may have stuck up for him just to quiet the turmoil regarding a coaching change mid-season. He's also no longer AD, so it's no skin off his back.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HWSNBN players supported him too. It's like a battered wives syndrome. Chuckie has it.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure Tom is loyal to Bo. He may have stuck up for him just to quiet the turmoil regarding a coaching change mid-season. He's also no longer AD, so it's no skin off his back.

I think he was because Bo hasn't or isn't an angel. and if Bo felt pressure he's demeanor hasn't changed outside of not verbally killing refs.

Bo is gonna be Bo and Tom seemed ok with it .

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was because Bo hasn't or isn't an angel. and if Bo felt pressure he's demeanor hasn't changed outside of not verbally killing refs.

Bo is gonna be Bo and Tom seemed ok with it .

Bo's demeanor has changed significantly imo. He may still be a boshitter regarding his team, but he's not near as much of a smartass to the media anymore.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo's demeanor has changed significantly imo. He may still be a boshitter regarding his team, but he's not near as much of a smartass to the media anymore.

idk I think he really has changed he just realized his honey moon is over and that fans don't worship him. When he was talking down to fans and media back then we were still loving Bo now we're Like blah blah blah if you keep losing goodbye

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk I think he really has changed he just realized his honey moon is over and that fans don't worship him. When he was talking down to fans and media back then we were still loving Bo now we're Like blah blah blah if you keep losing goodbye

He realized?

Was that before or after his post season chat with HP/SE. :lol:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On being historically critical of coaches being fired after three or four seasons
“It’s been four years, and we’ve had some pretty good players on the team here. I think if we would have won eight or nine games that would have been reasonable. Eight games is less than we averaged by quite a bit over forty-some years. You have to remember that we never had a losing season over forty seasons and now in the last four seasons we’ve had two. So the issues becomes, as what point are you still viable. At what point can you still go out and recruit. At what point do people think you’re only going to be there one year or two years. At what point do you still have credibility with the public? At what point can you still have a powerful impact on your own players? There comes a point when it becomes dicey. I didn’t want to see Bill in that position. I didn’t want to see the University of Nebraska in that position. So at this point, I don’t think he had met the goals that he should have. I think it just got the point where a decision had to be made. I like Bill Callahan. I think he is a professional. I think he knows football. I think he worked unbelievably hard, but at times there was something missing. It’s hard to put your finger on exactly what it was.