• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would it really be the greatest comeback in NHL history?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is an amazing turn around for them...but if they don't make the playoffs I wouldn't vote for Lemaire for the Adams trophy. I know people will disagree, but JMO.

Regardless of your opinion, I'm not sure any coach has ever won the award after missing the playoffs. Whether or not that's fair, the voters seem hesitant to give the award to a team that essentially accomplishes nothing that season. So while he may deserve it more than any other (not saying he does or doesn't, but there's an argument), I think it's highly unlikely we wins it.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not thinking they will make the playoffs but I believe the fact that they didn't fold and came on so strong deserves A lot of respect.Even if they do miss the playoffs I'm proud of the devils just wish the dumped Jmac and langs earlier.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not thinking they will make the playoffs but I believe the fact that they didn't fold and came on so strong deserves A lot of respect.Even if they do miss the playoffs I'm proud of the devils just wish the dumped Jmac and langs earlier.

That is true. They are the anti-Avs.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i think the ship has finally set sail and the boys have finally run out of gas...

sad but i'm proud of them they showed a ton of heart, and they were fully aware of everything around them, most of the players, notably kovy and hedberg, several times publically mentioned that the fans pay good money to come see them play and that they deserved better than the team was giving them at the start. to me just the fact that you hear a pro athlete make that acknowledgement is refreshing.

as for the parise thing, he's an rfa this year, so unless someone is willing to shell out 3 first round picks which is hihgly unlikely he'll be a devil again next year most likely. and over the course of this offseason and the next on they have something ridiculous like 17 mil coming of the books (that includes arnott and langenbrunner) and andy greene is also most likely not in their plans for the future it sounds like.

so realistically the only way parise leaves is if he wants to leave. the money will be there.