• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst TV Shows

Lumen

Reactionary Intellectual
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost all sitcoms - Seinfield had potential, sitcoms prior to the 90s weren't always bad. Nearly every sitcom sense then has been pretty degenerate in various ways - Friends is definitely one of the most degenerate, others such as Everybody Loves Raymond, the Big Bang Theory, Two Broke Girls are other good examples. This includes pretty much every 'animated sitcom'; I will admit I think that South Park sometimes has intelligent commentary even though it's primarily culturally progressive and nihilistic.

Much reality TV - The Bachelor is at least worth a psychological observation. The Bachelorette is basically 'cuckloid ****'. Most if not all 'reality TV' is scripted.

Game of Thrones - Very overrated, incomprehensible, and basically just progressive/nihilist/neoclassical economics propaganda masquerading as a show.

Anything on Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon - Not a cartoon buff so I might be missing some that are decent, however most of them are just even dumber versions of the typical sitcom format done in animation

---

Basically if you stick to anything which isn't a sitcom, cartoon, or reality TV you're sparing yourself from the bottom of the barrel. I haven't been able to get into a show very much since the Sopranos and Breaking Bad however - I tried watching Sons of Anarchy and found it enjoyable but the acting wasn't as good as the Sopranoes and didn't drag me into it.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate all reality shows. I enjoy some shows like Forged in Fire, Curse of Oak Island, Dual Survival, etc.

Honestly, the worst show on television right now is the new episodes of The Simpsons. My God, how far they have fallen.

Lumen

Reactionary Intellectual
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate all reality shows. I enjoy some shows like Forged in Fire, Curse of Oak Island, Dual Survival, etc.

Honestly, the worst show on television right now is the new episodes of The Simpsons. My God, how far they have fallen.
Some reality shows are actually decent opportunities for observing psychology in action, as far as the people who actually get 'involved' with them and care about the characters, that's pretty embarrassing.

Lumen

Reactionary Intellectual
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to add the entire Mtv channel. Was once one of the best things on tv. Fun and positive. Added to the culture of the US.

Now they don't play any music anymore. All of it is the worst trash reality tv targeted at teenagers. Vile garbage that glorifies B.S. like teen girls getting knocked up, drug abuse, and that bi-sexuality is some right of passage for all kids to get into or they are missing out on life.

Nuke that POS.
Even more reason to hate MTV right here:

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob's Burgers isn't as good this season. American Dad isn't what it was, although still pretty funny.

Glad Sherlock is back.

Going to start Season 2 of Man In The High Castle, sometime.

I've never seen Person of Interest, but have heard great things. The box set is coming down in price, so I just might take a leap of faith like I did with Mad Men a year ago.

I have a free trial of Netflix, and I still need to watch Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and will watch Iron Fist. That's what I do, I just take the free trial every 6 months. I guess I should find out what Stranger Things is all about, too.

I guess I only keep up with only 2 or 3 shows at a time, binge-watch something a few times a year, and the rest is sports.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob's Burgers isn't as good this season. American Dad isn't what it was, although still pretty funny.

Glad Sherlock is back.

Going to start Season 2 of Man In The High Castle, sometime.

I've never seen Person of Interest, but have heard great things. The box set is coming down in price, so I just might take a leap of faith like I did with Mad Men a year ago.

I have a free trial of Netflix, and I still need to watch Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and will watch Iron Fist. That's what I do, I just take the free trial every 6 months. I guess I should find out what Stranger Things is all about, too.

I guess I only keep up with only 2 or 3 shows at a time, binge-watch something a few times a year, and the rest is sports.
Dude...

Netflix is $10 a month.

54571757.jpg

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haven't watched since the movie.

I'll watch the shit outta reruns of the first 8-10 seasons though.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched since the movie.

I'll watch the shit outta reruns of the first 8-10 seasons though.

Those first 10 seasons or so were awesome. Don't know what happened after that.

South Park got a little dull for a stretch after the had to kill off Chef, but they've come back in a big way. Don't see that happening for the Simpsons though.

Family Guy is in the same boat IMO.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those first 10 seasons or so were awesome. Don't know what happened after that.

South Park got a little dull for a stretch after the had to kill off Chef, but they've come back in a big way. Don't see that happening for the Simpsons though.

Family Guy is in the same boat IMO.
I gave up South Park after the movie too. That musta been 15 years ago.

Simpsons was at its peak when Phil Hartman did 10 voices and Conan wrote a good Chunk of the episodes.

Family Guy I never got back into when it came off hiatus.

(But I remember asking for the day off of work months in advance when it came back.)

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up South Park after the movie too. That musta been 15 years ago.

Simpsons was at its peak when Phil Hartman did 10 voices and Conan wrote a good Chunk of the episodes.

Family Guy I never got back into when it came off hiatus.

(But I remember asking for the day off of work months in advance when it came back.)
South Park has been doing serial style seasons the last couple of years, which was a good move.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking of Conan, I don't sit and watch his show because all of his monologues and sketches hit YouTube right after they air. Has anyone seen the phone call bits between Obama and Trump? He did several of them.

Lumen

Reactionary Intellectual
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Park has been doing serial style seasons the last couple of years, which was a good move.
Sounds like an improvement over what I've seen of the more recent episodes. Seems like they were just chock full of obscure references and inside jokes that most people wouldn't get.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Conan, I don't sit and watch his show because all of his monologues and sketches hit YouTube right after they air. Has anyone seen the phone call bits between Obama and Trump? He did several of them.

TBS really won out on that whole mess a few years back.

Lumen

Reactionary Intellectual
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
macgyver-2016-57cf22fc0d5a1.jpg

We've got a new contender, imo! Even the original would've been like, "WTF, man?"

26% on...
MacGyver
Hm, well if they had done it well I think it could have worked, given that the premise was his ability to make gadgets from nothing; there are plenty of more modernized ideas they could have used to make it seem realistic.

Though if the 'remake everything' trend that's a thing in Hollywood now (given how they're often profiting more from China and foreign audiences than the US) is now moving to TV that's probably not a good sign, and means they're just running out of creativity.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything on MTV.