• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst P4 Division?

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because the rest of the conference is really good, that means the North is bad? If the PAC scheduled like the SEC there'd be more bowl eligible teams.

There's talk about the PAC 12 North and while it's not nearly as good as the South, it's still hard to win nine games when you're getting beat up in-conference and you've also mixed in a tough out of conference game or two. There's a lot of parity and depth in the conference as a whole.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT beat the National Champs.

Stanford was 8-5 last year.

Holy shit is it cute seeing SEC fans cuddling up to Missouri being "respectable".

3 years ago you all thought they would roll in and get dominated. 3 years later and they are 2 time defending champs in the East. :pound:
Im confused. you talk about teams like Duke stepping up the last couple years but are focused in on Stanfords one year of 8-5.
top to bottom ask your self who you would take
personally i would take Oregon over GT
Stanford at 8-5 vs Duke at 9-4 not to mention them stepping up the last few years but its only been a few since Stanford 44-14 and 50-13.
8-5 Washington vs 7-6 VT?
5-7 Cal and Oregon State vs 6-7 Pitt, NC or Miami (since uneven amount of teams.
3-9 WSU vs 5-7 Virginia
I honestly thing Pac 12 N takes at least 4 of 6

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with the B1G West.

The ACC Coastal is weak, but Georgia Tech does have an outside shot of making the playoff. I don't see any team in the B1G West capable of that kind of run.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with the B1G West.

The ACC Coastal is weak, but Georgia Tech does have an outside shot of making the playoff. I don't see any team in the B1G West capable of that kind of run.

I haven't watched a GT game lately, are they still running the triple option?

If so, I don't like their chances.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched a GT game lately, are they still running the triple option?

If so, I don't like their chances.

Yes, they're still running the triple option, but they finished in the top 10 last year. If they can beat Florida State in their game this year, beat UGA(people will die if this happens) and win the ACC, they have a shot.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G West was the worst last year(according to Sagarin) so I think they'll end up being the worst this year as well. They were awful in the non conf last year and I don't see that changing.

Games of note for the division:

Wisconsin vs. Alabama
TCU @ Minnesota
BYU @ Nebraska
Nebraska @ Miami
Stanford @ Northwestern
Northwestern @ Duke
Iowa @ Iowa State
Illinois @ UNC
Purdue @ Marshall
Virginia Tech @ Purdue

I don't see those particular games ending well for the B1G West IMO.
Wow, just at a glance they could easily go 2-8 in these games.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they're still running the triple option, but they finished in the top 10 last year. If they can beat Florida State in their game this year, beat UGA(people will die if this happens) and win the ACC, they have a shot.

The triple option can get you if you aren't ready for it. But when teams prepare for it properly, it can get shut down.

That's the main problem I see with it. When GT isn't doing well, people don't prepare for it as well or spend as much effort on it, because it does require special effort. But when GT is doing well, then they do prepare for it better.

Back in 2011 the team that scored the most points on Alabama that year was actually a FCS team running the triple option. We didn't prep for it at all and they scored 21. Prep for it, they get shut out.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The triple option can get you if you aren't ready for it. But when teams prepare for it properly, it can get shut down.

That's the main problem I see with it. When GT isn't doing well, people don't prepare for it as well or spend as much effort on it, because it does require special effort. But when GT is doing well, then they do prepare for it better.

Back in 2011 the team that scored the most points on Alabama that year was actually a FCS team running the triple option. We didn't prep for it at all and they scored 21. Prep for it, they get shut out.
I agree and disagree. An average Option team is easy to shut down with 5 days prep time. A great Option team with a stud at QB can be damn tough.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and disagree. An average Option team is easy to shut down with 5 days prep time. A great Option team with a stud at QB can be damn tough.

Kirby Smart once said he'd rather face a HUNH spread team than the triple option, so they are tough for sure.

But a well disciplined team can beat it.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And IF Wisconsin can beat Bama, beat Nebraska and win the B1G they have a shot.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirby Smart once said he'd rather face a HUNH spread team than the triple option, so they are tough for sure.

But a well disciplined team can beat it.
The problem is that there really is no such thing as a HUNH offense. Its a way to run an offense but it is in fact not the offense itself.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And IF Wisconsin can beat Bama, beat Nebraska and win the B1G they have a shot.

Well, last year Georgia Tech did beat Georgia and damn near and probably should have beat Florida State to win the ACC and finished with a top 10 ranking.

Teams will probably be more prepared for them this year, but they stand a better shot than Wisky IMO.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC coastal and the Big 10 west really appears to be a push. There really isn't much evidence to suggest one being better than the other.

Some point to saragin others could point to the Big 10 West going 2 - 0 vs. the Coastal and having more teams receiving votes to be ranked.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G West was the worst last year(according to Sagarin) so I think they'll end up being the worst this year as well. They were awful in the non conf last year and I don't see that changing.

Games of note for the division:

Wisconsin vs. Alabama
TCU @ Minnesota
BYU @ Nebraska
Nebraska @ Miami
Stanford @ Northwestern
Northwestern @ Duke
Iowa @ Iowa State
Illinois @ UNC
Purdue @ Marshall
Virginia Tech @ Purdue

I don't see those particular games ending well for the B1G West IMO.
I think Nebraska wins their games, and Iowa wins, but that's likely it. Maybe Illinois over UNC.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nebraska wins their games, and Iowa wins, but that's likely it. Maybe Illinois over UNC.

hasnt Iowa had some problems with Iowa State?

Though you're probably right, it's more likely they will win the game.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hasnt Iowa had some problems with Iowa State?

Though you're probably right, it's more likely they will win the game.
Inexplicably, yes. They've lost 3/4 to them, but for god's sake they have to get their heads out of their asses some time right?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT beat the National Champs.

Stanford was 8-5 last year.

Holy shit is it cute seeing SEC fans cuddling up to Missouri being "respectable".

3 years ago you all thought they would roll in and get dominated. 3 years later and they are 2 time defending champs in the East. :pound:

Good thing Wiscy is in the B1G west, or that would be the weakling.