• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Conference Officials?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
followed by B12

giphy.gif

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac12, followed by B12, then ACC

It’s really sad that at least 3 conferences have worse refs than the SEC. Ours aren’t exactly outstanding.

Of course, I’d rather watch a game with PAC refs and no Beth Mowins than one with great refs and Beth Mowins...

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s really sad that at least 3 conferences have worse refs than the SEC. Ours aren’t exactly outstanding.

Of course, I’d rather watch a game with PAC refs and no Beth Mowins than one with great refs and Beth Mowins...

Imagine the horror of Beth, Pac12 officials combined. Might as well shoot yourself.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing Boise State get "jobbed" time after time after time by the horrendously corrupt officiating crews that the PAC 12 used to employ it had always been my opinion that the PAC 12 had - without a doubt - the very worst officiating crews in the country. And I write that here as someone who used to officiate high school football, baseball and local area softball games when I was much younger.

HOWEVER.............after witnessing the insanely ridiculous officiating crew that "worked" the Marshall vs. Boise State game last night the honor of "WORST OFFICIATING CONFERENCE" has been now passed to Conference U.S.A. That was, without a doubt, the very worst officiating of a college football game that I have ever witnessed. Time after time after time after time that very poor excuse for an officiating crew not only got the call wrong but they repeatedly (and inexplicably) failed to make any call at all when it was obvious that a penalty had occurred. The very worst example of this is when Boise State's true freshman quarterback, Hank Bachmeier, had his helmet ripped off of his head by a marshal defensive lineman, in a severely brutal manner, yet the officiating crew DID NOT STOP THE PLAY at that point. They allowed play to continue and another defensive player from Marshall leveled Bachmaier who was standing there without a helmet (apparently wondering if his head had been removed with his helmet).

So congrats Conference U.S.A......................your officiating crews are now recognized as the very worst in the country. You must be so very proud.:gaah:

P.S. I can absolutely understand why Boise State's head football coach, Bryan Harsin, lost his cool last night during that game and got in the face of the official nearest to him on the sideline - which resulted in a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty on Harsin. Harsin was wrong to do what he did BUT he was, IMO, absolutely justified in doing what he did. If I had been in his position and witnessed the atrocious officiating in that game last night I likely would have reacted even more poorly than Harsin did. The word that best sums up that officiating crew last night would be INCOMPETENT.

We got jobbed pretty bad. The missed pass interference on the deep ball with the guy draped all over the WR was beyond egregious as was the “blind side” block on Avery’s big punt return.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the BSU game. But the calls went both ways. Marshall had a deep incomplete pass that could have been a PI call as well. The key with officiating is consistency, if they make bad calls at approximately the same rate against both schools, it still works. Good coaches don't get bent out of shape by calls, but teach the team to focus on the game, not the zebras. Harsin nearly cost the team when he didn't follow that rule, he's usually pretty good at that. But that's part of why we are all fans, our teams are better than than the others, and if they aren't it's the refs' fault!
:2cents:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the BSU game. But the calls went both ways. Marshall had a deep incomplete pass that could have been a PI call as well. The key with officiating is consistency, if they make bad calls at approximately the same rate against both schools, it still works. Good coaches don't get bent out of shape by calls, but teach the team to focus on the game, not the zebras. Harsin nearly cost the team when he didn't follow that rule, he's usually pretty good at that. But that's part of why we are all fans, our teams are better than than the others, and if they aren't it's the refs' fault!
:2cents:

I’m almost positive you’re talking about the no-call on Jalen Walker on the deep ball. And despite what you thought you saw from the stands, they slowed it down on replay and it was very clearly not a PI to which the announcers agreed. Oh well. Bad officiating is going to happen. It’s part of the human element of error and tends to pretty much even itself out throughout the course of the season.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m almost positive you’re talking about the no-call on Jalen Walker on the deep ball. And despite what you thought you saw from the stands, they slowed it down on replay and it was very clearly not a PI to which the announcers agreed. Oh well. Bad officiating is going to happen. It’s part of the human element of error and tends to pretty much even itself out throughout the course of the season.

I get a bit tired of constant delays for replays, it used to be that they never happened and egregious bad calls changed the outcome. Now it's gone to the other extreme, anytime it's anything even kind of close, we have to wait while they review it. Part of the fun of watching the game in person is seeing those close calls, and most of the time, the ref gets it right. I think that they need to dial back the replays, too much dead time in games as is.

Further, it's getting harder and harder to find officials these days, especially at the high schools and lower levels. If one is booing the ref at a pro or major college game, those guys make good money, and it's part of the job to hear the crowd. . But if you go to a Optimist level game and see fans abusing some poor guy who is often volunteering his time...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALL conference officials are crooked, they all favor teams from their league in OOC games, and all favor the team that is the poster boy for the league in conference games. Officials need to work for the NCAA or some organization set up as a clearing house for CFB officials.