• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

worst... coach... ever

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grown man, 13-year-old kid... doesn't get much lower.

What is it about hockey? I've never seen a sport that gets coaches and players so damned riled up and lose all control.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an asshole and should not be around kids, but that does not mean he is a Bad Coach.

I tell you a story of a Bad Coach (to this day I still get Pissed when I think about what he did to his team and one kid in particular).

I coached Flag Football at maybe the best middle school in the State or Country(even though thats my opinion it is one of the best). We had 2 teams. 6th-8th grade kids come out for the Try out. Now we are a big school, most schools are less than half the size of our school. Other schools usually have a PE Teacher coach the team, they know the kids and they can build a team without Tryouts. In some sense this makes it much harder on us.

There are no rules other than Pick the best players. But if all things are equal pick the 8th grader over the 7th and Definetly the 7th over the 6th grader. 6th grade had 2 teams so if they did not make the A league they still could play on the 6th grade team. In 9 years coaching at that level there I have only picked ONE 6th grader and he was a Beast, last year in Tackle he was our best RB and one of out best Defenders as a 7th grader.

This coach picked 2 6th graders. He idea was they would sit and learn and he would use them the Following year. He played them the 10 plays you have to play every kid, almost always on Special Teams.

These 2 kids barely played and when they did they were going up against 8th graders who are some of the best players in the San Fernando Valley.

After the season the 2 kids HATED Football. Not only that they were taught NOTHING. The Coach was fired (that school lets people go, they dont fire people unless they want to makes sure they do not use the school as a reference). The following year there was only one team and Neither made the team, nor in 8th grade either.

This Coach robbed these 2 kids of their 6th grade football team. Then destroyed their passion for the game.

Sorry to go off on a rant, it just pisses me off, but if he had kicked them in the leg and broke their legs he would have done less Damage then what he actually did...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's sick is how he then becomes the ring leader for the impressionable 13-year-olds as he galavants around the rink flipping the bird. Good job champ, you just created the next generation of Sean Averys.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an asshole and should not be around kids, but that does not mean he is a Bad Coach.

I tell you a story of a Bad Coach (to this day I still get Pissed when I think about what he did to his team and one kid in particular).

I coached Flag Football at maybe the best middle school in the State or Country(even though thats my opinion it is one of the best). We had 2 teams. 6th-8th grade kids come out for the Try out. Now we are a big school, most schools are less than half the size of our school. Other schools usually have a PE Teacher coach the team, they know the kids and they can build a team without Tryouts. In some sense this makes it much harder on us.

There are no rules other than Pick the best players. But if all things are equal pick the 8th grader over the 7th and Definetly the 7th over the 6th grader. 6th grade had 2 teams so if they did not make the A league they still could play on the 6th grade team. In 9 years coaching at that level there I have only picked ONE 6th grader and he was a Beast, last year in Tackle he was our best RB and one of out best Defenders as a 7th grader.

This coach picked 2 6th graders. He idea was they would sit and learn and he would use them the Following year. He played them the 10 plays you have to play every kid, almost always on Special Teams.

These 2 kids barely played and when they did they were going up against 8th graders who are some of the best players in the San Fernando Valley.

After the season the 2 kids HATED Football. Not only that they were taught NOTHING. The Coach was fired (that school lets people go, they dont fire people unless they want to makes sure they do not use the school as a reference). The following year there was only one team and Neither made the team, nor in 8th grade either.

This Coach robbed these 2 kids of their 6th grade football team. Then destroyed their passion for the game.

Sorry to go off on a rant, it just pisses me off, but if he had kicked them in the leg and broke their legs he would have done less Damage then what he actually did...

I don't know man... maybe you know the guy and he was an asshole in person.... but that doesn't sound like such an asshole move. Experiment gone wrong at the worst. But generally, giving younger guys a chance to play at a higher level doesn't fall under the "intentional asshole" category.