• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

worse team Yanks or Red Sox ?

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good asssessment.

To win it all, almost everything has to go right. Last year, just about every Red Sox player played at or above their expectations - and they remained relatively healthy all season. This year, not so much. They were expecting Nava, Gomes, & Victorino to repeat their career seasons? They are at a cross-roads, but their decision should be easy to make. Their massive LA trade was the correct first step.

The Yankees are stuck at a cross-roads. They are stuck with more than one albatross contract. It would be unfair to their high priced players to decide to stop and re-build... It will take more than three years to fix their issues.

Sox trade with Dodgers : THIS was the best trade I believe the Sox have ever made. Still I think they should be showing something more than this. What they dumped on the Dodgers was incredible. They should be farther ahead than they are right now. They're missing a lot of pieces , not just a couple. An OF that is largely non existent is a good place to start. I've said for over a yr Jackie Bradley is grossly overrated. He simply isn't that good and will not be a starter for anyone anytime soon , maybe never.

Yanks: IMO a wreck nearly from top to bottom. Their name gives them the benefit of the doubt on all matters but it isn't fooling me. They have some atrocious contracts that will hurt them for quite a while. A farm system void of anyone to get mildly excited about - if there was one they would just trade him anyway. They're old , expensive and are yrs away from becoming a legit team to reckon with yr after yr. The weakness of the AL East is hiding a lot of the troubles right now but won't for much longer.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox trade with Dodgers : THIS was the best trade I believe the Sox have ever made. Still I think they should be showing something more than this. What they dumped on the Dodgers was incredible. They should be farther ahead than they are right now. They're missing a lot of pieces , not just a couple. An OF that is largely non existent is a good place to start. I've said for over a yr Jackie Bradley is grossly overrated. He simply isn't that good and will not be a starter for anyone anytime soon , maybe never.

I think they are going to stick with this pile of crap, so the fans don't get upset when they unload the farm (and bank) for Giancarlo Stanton or Jason Heyward...