• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Cup

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an amazing finish to today's match. There may be a better goalie than Tim Howard in the world today, but I haven't seen him...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played outstanding. The last 15 minutes was about as exciting as I have ever seen of USA soccer.- besides Mia Hamm maybe. The number 9 guy for Belgium was a beast. He just ran over guys . The Prince Harry look alike was the best player on the field today besides Howard. Something about those guys that wear 9

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played outstanding. The last 15 minutes was about as exciting as I have ever seen of USA soccer.- besides Mia Hamm maybe. The number 9 guy for Belgium was a beast. He just ran over guys . The Prince Harry look alike was the best player on the field today besides Howard. Something about those guys that wear 9

Gee I wonder who else you could be referring too??? LOL...

It does make you wonder where that team was for the first 105 plus minutes. It was a pretty amazing finish. After that goal we were unstoppable. Would have been interesting to see if we put one of those chances in and won on PKs what would have happened against a very good Argentina team...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know PKs are what- 80 percent ???

As hot as Howard was today- I think he would have gotten one if not 2. Now how does that work- do we pick who kicks for us or do they. The reason I asked is in the Costa Rica game it seemed like they had their youngest player kicking 4rth

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee I wonder who else you could be referring too??? LOL...

It does make you wonder where that team was for the first 105 plus minutes. It was a pretty amazing finish. After that goal we were unstoppable. Would have been interesting to see if we put one of those chances in and won on PKs what would have happened against a very good Argentina team...

Oh- Rajon Rondo- no doubt on number 9

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know PKs are what- 80 percent ???

As hot as Howard was today- I think he would have gotten one if not 2. Now how does that work- do we pick who kicks for us or do they. The reason I asked is in the Costa Rica game it seemed like they had their youngest player kicking 4rth

We would pick. Basically the goalies are just guessing. Even when they make a save its more luck than anything else. I don't know who I will root for now, but this Belgium team was pretty easy to like. They didn't flop all over the place like Brazil and Mexico and in the big scheme of things they are going to be an underdog, but they likely lose to Argentina next

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graig Nettles will always be my favorite #9

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would pick. Basically the goalies are just guessing. Even when they make a save its more luck than anything else. I don't know who I will root for now, but this Belgium team was pretty easy to like. They didn't flop all over the place like Brazil and Mexico and in the big scheme of things they are going to be an underdog, but they likely lose to Argentina next

Supposedly number 9 had been in the dog house until today. He didnt start I dont think. Man he played awesome. I think I heard them say he had taken one shot during the WC and had looked disinterested. He was a bull

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graig Nettles will always be my favorite #9

I didnt have you pegged for being that old Jarntt- meaning 40's or older. I had you mid 30s.

Back to the World Cup topic- My final take on it. It was fun. I see kids kicking soccer balls all over the area now. As far as how good we were- Im hearing we are close to being a contender and looked much improved. I dont have anything to judge this on because this was the first year I watched it. My personal take- It is much like a professional baseball game to me. As good as the A's may be right now, we know they could play the Cubs in a series and get beat. What Im saying is the best team doesnt always win. I think from watching us play the 4 matches we are a long way from winning the whole thing. Think about it - no matter who we played- they called it the group of death and it was hard. We did make it the final 16. To win it you have to win 4 games in a row, likely against 4 top opponents. In our so called group of death, we won 1 game, tied one, lost one and then lost in the knockout round. So we finished 1-2-1 against some really good teams. I dont see how anyone can say thats close to winning the World Cup.
The 4 games I saw from the US , I thought we played as well as Portugal but were dominated in the other 3. Even in the WIN to Ghana, it seemed like we were lucky. Maybe we would have been a different team with Altidore but it just seemed we never had the ball. Now the last 15 minutes of the final game - that was awesome. Can they play like that from now on for a full match??? Im not disappointed, I just think we are an average to pretty good team.