• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Cup is bigger on social media than the Super Bowl, Olympics and Oscar awards COMBINED

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not shocking, considering the world cup is a world-interest kind of event. I can't imagine many people in Ghana care about the super bowl or Oscars.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not shocking, considering the world cup is a world-interest kind of event. I can't imagine many people in Ghana care about the super bowl or Oscars.

Or the winter Olympics.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Popularity is the only thing soccer fans have to justify their fruity little pastime.

Do you know why soccer is so popular worldwide? Because it's so cheap to play!

Here in America we can afford to play real football and we don't give two shits how popular it is around the world because we know it rules.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how it compares to the London Games; or will compare to the next Summer Games.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why so many people around the world think Americans are arrogant? :lol:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and how much of that is saying how lame, boring, and stupid it is?

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and how much of that is saying how lame, boring, and stupid it is?
I would guess that the majority is fanfare. But that would be interesting to see how much is negative content.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really understood why you can't like both soccer and American Football? Who decided that you had to take sides and there was no in between? I love both.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do soccer fans try so hard to be accepted as a major sport here in America.You like soccer.. Awesome! I could care less about MLS or English premier league and that's ok too. I watched the Ghana game ( Monday 6pm est) was the main reason nothing else on and I enjoyed it. If I'm not busy on Sunday I'll probably watch the Portugal game as well and go USA but all these threads are ludicrous about how soccer is taking over IMO.
I'm a lifelong NHL guy and I know where hockey stands with the masses and accepted it long ago.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do soccer fans try so hard to be accepted as a major sport here in America.You like soccer.. Awesome! I could care less about MLS or English premier league and that's ok too. I watched the Ghana game ( Monday 6pm est) was the main reason nothing else on and I enjoyed it. If I'm not busy on Sunday I'll probably watch the Portugal game as well and go USA but all these threads are ludicrous about how soccer is taking over IMO.
I'm a lifelong NHL guy and I know where hockey stands with the masses and accepted it long ago.
It goes both ways though. There's the crowd saying "accept us, we want to be liked" and then the polar opposite screaming "fuck you! 'Merica!" And then there are those of us in the middle laughing.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes both ways though. There's the crowd saying "accept us, we want to be liked" and then the polar opposite screaming "fuck you! 'Merica!" And then there are those of us in the middle laughing.

I've definetly been laughing. :suds:

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Popularity is the only thing soccer fans have to justify their fruity little pastime.

Do you know why soccer is so popular worldwide? Because it's so cheap to play!

Here in America we can afford to play real football and we don't give two shits how popular it is around the world because we know it rules.

That's exactly the feeling they have about us in those other countries. BTW, football and baseball is also very cheap to play as is basketball. Otherwise you wouldn't have as many minorities involved.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly the feeling they have about us in those other countries. BTW, football and baseball is also very cheap to play as is basketball. Otherwise you wouldn't have as many minorities involved.

Are thumbing your nose up at minorities again OO?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really understood why you can't like both soccer and American Football? Who decided that you had to take sides and there was no in between? I love both.

No one said that

Doesn't take teh fun out of trolling soccer fans though

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where have you seen anyone trying to be accepted? Soccer fans don't care. I don't think any of us feel the need to be accepted by anyone. Soccer is the most popular sport in the world. I can watch American and International clubs and teams from my house on major networks, and I can go to games with ease, just like any other sport. Who needs 'acceptance?'

The majority of WC posts outside of the soccer forum are all hillbilly trolls saying "soccer is for fags" or "this is america, fuck soccer," which hardly ruffles feathers anymore.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where have you seen anyone trying to be accepted? Soccer fans don't care. I don't think any of us feel the need to be accepted by anyone. Soccer is the most popular sport in the world. I can watch American and International clubs and teams from my house on major networks, and I can go to games with ease, just like any other sport. Who needs 'acceptance?'

The majority of WC posts outside of the soccer forum are all hillbilly trolls saying "soccer is for fags" or "this is america, fuck soccer," which hardly ruffles feathers anymore.
There's 3 or 4 threads on the 1st page of the WC that are either pro soccer or pointing out that soccer/futbol is and always will be the most popular sport in the world or proclaiming the World Cup is better than the SB, etc.
From here in the middle it certainly seems like there are two sides trying to influence and troll those of differing opinions.
And its much appreciated. :laugh3:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so fucking what

More people wear Timex watches than Rolexes.