• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WOOT's observations

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
- boosh proved tonight that he should have been the main man since game 1. 35 saves on 37 shots. was our best PKer tonight. huge game for boosh. and also...he is 5th all time in postseason GAA among active goalies..says it all.

- zherdev proved tonight that he should have also been in the lineup since game 1. keep Z in!!!

- if carter can have more games like tonight, we are leaps and bounds a better team.

- JVR, this man looks like a 2nd overall pick. this kid gets me pumped for the next decade of flyers hockey with him and G

- refs need to let them play, far too many penalties this series

- richie was a little sloppy with turnovers tonight, but made a great pass to Z and still does lots of the little things

- PK was great

- PP, still not sold on it, but they are making progress, 2 games in a row with goals, this is a good sign

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aside from your last bullet = :nod:

even though they scored a PPG tonight it looked worse tonight than it has in the other 2 games.. i dont think they got set up once

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they also didn't have 10 chances tonight awaz...haha! I was infuriated with it a few times tonight but the bottom line is Carts took a shot and scored that's a big plus in my books and hopefully a start for more to come. They also had JVR in front of the net a few times that in itself is money!

I also wouldn't take anything away from Bob's game 1 play he really didn't do anything wrong the team just couldn't score. Bouch more often than not this season has always been solid for this team but its wrong to discredit what Bob did this year....IMO he probably wins tonight too if given the chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things that bothered me about this one:

1. The refs. I know, a Philly guy complaining about the refs, how original. But they made some bad calls. Again. How they called Hartnell for getting checked in the back, I do not know. How they missed Philadelphia making an illegal substitution immediately afterward, I do not know. But the thing that bothers me about the refs the most tonight - aren't they supposed to, you know, avoid the puck or something? Seems like the puck bounced off them or got caught in their skates a whole bunch.

2. The power play. As mentioned by you folks already, we got a goal on the PP, but both our power play conversions this series have come off of deflections from defenders' sticks. Is that really our strategy - shoot and shoot until the other team scores?

3. Boucher's rebound "control." I don't think I've ever seen a rebound kick out to the blue line before. It seems like half the rebounds went out to at least the faceoff dots. He played well on the posts, but he's gotta control the puck better between them.

4. Too defensive with a one goal lead. I know you want to tighten up a bit when you are up late, but it feels like we clamped down a bit too hard on this one. This complaint is pretty nit-picky, though.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an observation that I have noticed throughout the season, that there is better communication with the D when boosh is out there. There seems to be less confusion when they have the puck behind the net and what they are going to do to break out of the zone. The D also just seems much calmer when Boosh is in net. Boosh made some big stops especially on the 5-3. How bout Z tonight !!! I've been calling for him in the lineup all year, now hes getting some love.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Game 3 was the first time in a long time that I felt the FLyers played like they did last year in the playoffs.

Very good 3rd period.