• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woods To Host A Meeting Today To Try And Keep The Sheep In Line

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steven A and I finally agree on something. hmmmmm, maybe I'm wrong about the LIV. And fuck Tiger Woods anyway. Talking about players being disloyal to the PGA. Ridiculous

Last edited:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch! Cantley stings Tiger Woods good.

"I've heard Tiger is the new commissioner, right? That's what everyone has been saying," Cantlay cracked. "I'm going to go to the meeting. I'm going to listen to what it's all about, and I'll probably have more for you after."

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine being dumb enough to take literally anything Stephen A Smith says seriously. Much less anything he says about golf or international politics.

So?
So it's fine for LIV to be "heavy handed" in their requirements but not for the PGA Tour?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine being dumb enough to take literally anything Stephen A Smith says seriously. Much less anything he says about golf or international politics.

So it's fine for LIV to be "heavy handed" in their requirements but not for the PGA Tour?
You don’t see the LIV telling people they can’t play other tours. Richard Bland played in the Euro tournament last week and Reed is playing in Asia now. As for Stephen ASmith, for once he is exactly right on something

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little Bo Peep protecting the sheep from the big bad LIV wolf

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But wait, I thought the PGA said guaranteed purses, with no cut and limited fields was not real golf?
Here's a better summary. So no guaranteed purses, no no cuts, field open for qualification to all on the tour, no removing non profit status. Seems like these would be some great events. 15 "elite" events seems like way too many though IMO.

While the plan would not contain the large sums of guaranteed money reported to be included in many LIV Golf contracts, the upside for the game’s top players is apparent.

The proposed series of “top-tier” events would feature reduced fields – a to-be-determined number and a mix of exempt players and weekly qualifiers from the other events on Tour.

Many details of the proposal are conceptual and will need to be worked out in conjunction with the PGA Tour for feasibility. For instance, it’s unclear which events on the PGA Tour schedule would be elevated to this “elite series” status under the proposal.

According to the proposal, the remaining events – the ones not included in the elevated series – would still be played for similar purses as they are today. (An event like the John Deere Classic, which sits on the lower end of the PGA Tour regular season purses, still puts up a $7.1 million total prize pool and more than $1.2 million to the winner.) Those remaining events would also be used to offer a number of qualifying spots for the upcoming “top-tier” event to top finishers, guaranteeing that players of any status have a defined path to the series.

The proposal also includes a provision that players exempt for the elevated series would be required to play at least three events outside the series per season.

According to a report by The Fire Pit Collective, these elevated events would feature purses of $20 million. However, according to multiple sources inside the Wilmington meeting, the report that the Tour would renounce its tax-exempt status and the report that the Tour would plan to privatize and sell equity in the new venture were inaccurate. Those topics were not discussed, according to sources inside the room.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a better summary. So no guaranteed purses, no no cuts, field open for qualification to all on the tour, no removing non profit status. Seems like these would be some great events. 15 "elite" events seems like way too many though IMO.

Here’s a better synopsis. “PGA running scared, copies LIV format”

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And fuck Davis Love too.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Karma's a bitch. bitch. That's what happens when you flap your gums like a PGA puppet.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So this is really what the greedy bitch Woods really came to talk about with the top players. Nothing to do with the supposed loyalty to the PGA.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This idiot has let it become personal for him. He looks like a fool. he's had to adopt almost exactly what the LIV has done for the PGA. The PGA's bullying days are over. The players are running the show now.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This idiot has let it become personal for him. He looks like a fool. he's had to adopt almost exactly what the LIV has done for the PGA. The PGA's bullying days are over. The players are running the show now.
LIV players fucked around and found out. Sold their legacy for dollars when if they had just worked with the PGA instead of against them they could have had both.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LIV players fucked around and found out. Sold their legacy for dollars when if they had just worked with the PGA instead of against them they could have had both.
The PGA Tour is still #1 but without LIV these changes never would have happened. The PGA has bullied its players and other tours for years and now they are getting their come-uppance. Glad to see that the players are finally running the show in the PGA but it really shows what hypocrites they are because they are doing the same thing the LIV does just not quite as well. I'm rooting for LIV to succeed and golfers to be able to play whenever and wherever they want. Now that McIlroy and Woods are basically the new Tour co-commissioners, I think it could happen.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Matt Fitzpatrick, especially after his clutch performance in the U.S. Open but this makes no sense. He plays two tours, why can't the LIV guys?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oops!
Some of my favorite golfers on this list. Disappointed that Matsuyama is not there

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who the fuck is Billy Horschel? Is he still on the Tour?