• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wooden Award - Mid Season

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Ford projecting Julius Randle at number 5 is just a projectiom....his opinion. Doesn't mean it's carved in stone.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Ford projecting Julius Randle at number 5 is just a projectiom....his opinion only. Doesn't mean it's carved in sto

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Ford projecting Julius Randle at number 5 is just a projectiom....his opinion only. Doesn't mean it's carved in stone.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about this shlt. I'm guessing you got it after one post.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^That link doesn't take you to the video ^^^^

Select Aaron Gordon's top 10.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^That link doesn't take you to the video ^^^^

Select Aaron Gordon's top 10.

While I appreciate what you are trying to do here Jonvi, the biggest problem I have with most people is that they think this is the main value AG brings to our team.

Instead, it is his defense, his unselfishness, his rebounding, and his overall hustle that, IMO, help us win more than a guy like Julius Randle would. The 7 point advantage (give or take, not really sure how Randle is averaging) is more than made up for by AG on the defensive end, as he is a PLUS defender and Randle is not. I don't mean to pick on Randle because I think he is a great player, but this is something that AG has over MANY of the people who ended up on this list, and is probably the reason he really does deserve to be on the Top 25 even though he averages 12 and 8

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't argue with extreme conviction on my part.....(because I'm not 1000% a basketball junkie) that Randle is the best choice for the award. A lot of the players listed I have only seen highlights on ESPN.

But from what I've seen in highlights and the teams I have watched...I feel certain that yes, Julius Randle does belong in the top 3. And I don't think I am being an extreme homer on that statement.

Being a homer doesn't make me blind to facts. It just means I am a homer. Maybe you can tell me who your top three are....and how they are all better choices than Randle. I anxiously await your "reasons".

Well, as I said in my first post McDermott is a far and away better choice. He's got Durant type numbers going.

Then I would put Parker, Smart and Nick Johnson ahead of him forsure.

Guys like Tyler Ennis, CJ Fair and DeAndre Kane you could make a big case for.

As for reasons? Watch them play it does wonders. Then after watching, view their stats. It will all become a little more clear.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that can't see what Gordon does, is basketball blind. Or homers. No big deal, I am an ARIZONA homer.
As such I am looking forward to the end results. It is not impossible that Gordon will be #1 in the draft this year.
GO CATS! GO GORDON! You are why UofA is #1 right now. A team player will always go far in the NBA.
I would like him to stay another year......yet that is not my call to make.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that can't see what Gordon does, is basketball blind. Or homers. No big deal, I am an ARIZONA homer.
As such I am looking forward to the end results. It is not impossible that Gordon will be #1 in the draft this year.
GO CATS! GO GORDON! You are why UofA is #1 right now. A team player will always go far in the NBA.
I would like him to stay another year......yet that is not my call to make.

Dude no offense but what are you smoking? I love AG but #1? That's just fucking crazy, bro

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey DC, Who is a better all around player than AG?

Joel Embiid WILL be, so will Wiggins. Dude there are literally 0 people besides AG, his mom, and his dad (Sean miller included) that think he is a better pro prospect.

All that being said, for THIS team there isn't a single person I would want more than AG

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey DC, Who is a better all around player than AG?

Not that i'm dc...but man....tough question. It's so hard to judge kids until I see them on the same court against teams I know a little about.

I will say he is in good company with this list of names. And deserves to be there.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker and Randle are not nearly the all around players as AG. Unless you don't value defense.

I think you are missing the term "all around"

You include everything. Offense and defense included.

When it's all taken into account those two are better players. I think most nba personal would agree.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet they can't lead a #1 team:noidea:
Maybe to get to #1 your guy needs to be better.
If those guys are so good, maybe, just maybe, their teams might be #1.

I'm not sure if you even are capable of knowing how dumb this sounds

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are missing the term "all around"

You include everything. Offense and defense included.

When it's all taken into account those two are better players. I think most nba personal would agree.

that's exactly why AG is a better all around player. Because he is good at both of those things.

Just because he is a better all around player doesn't mean he is more valuable than the two guys that don't play defense. Their offense is simply that good. But AG's impact on offense is much closer to those two than their impact on defense is to him.