• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Women vs Texas

aussierugbyfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch the women's game last night. I just happened upon it with about 7 minutes left in the game vs Texas at home. We were down like 15. I was thinking damn hate losing to Texas 2 times in a row. Texas has a big that was causing so many problems for us.

But the women buckled down and played incredible defense and ended up taking the game into overtime. The ended up winning the game. I rarely watch women's basketball but I was so impressed with their spirit and determination.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch the women's game last night. I just happened upon it with about 7 minutes left in the game vs Texas at home. We were down like 15. I was thinking damn hate losing to Texas 2 times in a row. Texas has a big that was causing so many problems for us.

But the women buckled down and played incredible defense and ended up taking the game into overtime. The ended up winning the game. I rarely watch women's basketball but I was so impressed with their spirit and determination.

Maybe the boys will take note of the girls.

Aussie - you mentioned that you worked for USX at one point of time. Where at? I used to work at the Clairton Works for almost 14 years before leaving in 2007.

aussierugbyfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the boys will take note of the girls. :agree:

Aussie - you mentioned that you worked for USX at one point of time. Where at? I used to work at the Clairton Works for almost 14 years before leaving in 2007.

I worked in the coal division -coal prepration, most of my time was at a mine near Waynesburg, PA. But they did bounce me between there and Birmingham AL for a while. I liked both locations but when they wanted me to move to Pineville, WV, I started looking for another job - they give you knee pads to enter the mine there.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the boys will take note of the girls. :agree:

I worked in the coal division -coal prepration, most of my time was at a mine near Waynesburg, PA. But they did bounce me between there and Birmingham AL for a while. I liked both locations but when they wanted me to move to Pineville, WV, I started looking for another job - they give you knee pads to enter the mine there.

That's crazy. I lived in Waynesburg from 9th grade on and graduated from Waynesburg Central. USS had about 5 mines in Greene County. I remember Mather, Robena, Dilsworth, and Cumberland. Can't remember the other one. Maple Creek was in Washington County. My mother still lives there.

Small world.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's crazy. I lived in Waynesburg from 9th grade on and graduated from Waynesburg Central. USS had about 5 mines in Greene County. I remember Mather, Robena, Dilsworth, and Cumberland. Can't remember the other one. Maple Creek was in Washington County. My mother still lives there.

Small world.

I used to work on the Mon RR before it got sold to Conrail, I dont know who owned them, but it seems there was an Emerald and Bailey mines just West of Waynesburg.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to work on the Mon RR before it got sold to Conrail, I dont know who owned them, but it seems there was an Emerald and Bailey mines just West of Waynesburg.

Bailey may have been the 5th mine that USX owned. Emerald was a big mine when I was younger. Not sure how many work there today. Use to watch 8 Conrail (prior to them being acquired by NS) engines move over 170 coal cars out of there.

aussierugbyfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Small world.

I worked at the Cumberland mine. It is a small world, let me tell you just how small. When I left USX I went to work for ARCO. They sent me on project in Australia. My 1st trip there, the department secretary kept talking about her boyfriend that was an engineer from Fayetteville WV. Didn't get to meet him because he was in New Guinea working. When I came home I mentioned this to my roommate all through college, turns out it was her cousin!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worked at the Cumberland mine. It is a small world, let me tell you just how small. When I left USX I went to work for ARCO. They sent me on project in Australia. My 1st trip there, the department secretary kept talking about her boyfriend that was an engineer from Fayetteville WV. Didn't get to meet him because he was in New Guinea working. When I came home I mentioned this to my roommate all through college, turns out it was her cousin!

When I left USX and started working for Olin, I had a training at our McIntosh facility. A guy in the class father was the Plant Manager for the Fairless Works. Then, I was talking to a guy who worked at our Augusta facility and he turned out to be the cousin of my father-in-law.

aussierugbyfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I left USX and started working for Olin, I had a training at our McIntosh facility. A guy in the class father was the Plant Manager for the Fairless Works. Then, I was talking to a guy who worked at our Augusta facility and he turned out to be the cousin of my father-in-law.

:lol: Truly amazing isn't it!!