• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wolfpack question

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing this out there especially for Rev Jim but anyone else as well. I'm assuming by your team name your a NC State guy.... here's recent trade offer:

14 team near-dynasty H2H points. I'm 12-12, riddled with injuries. In a playoff spot, but ticked right off. Hate being in the middle.

I deal Chapman and Dietrich (a throw-in to free space)
I receive Gausman and a player he can claim (any unlisted player not already taken) with his #1 waiver spot.

Now I LOVE Gausman so this is just masquerading as a dump trade. Trouble is I own Benoit, Mujica, Putz and Uehara as well as Chapman, and I typically only play two at a time. There is zero interest from anyone on any of those guys as hard as I've tried to sell Mujica at his high point.

I'm looking at Trea Turner. Have you seen him. Videos sure look fine. Seems like a real talent.
My other options would be anyone from the 2013 international draft, example:
Eloy Jimenez
Gleyber Torres
Rafael Devers
Or this Cuban arm Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez

There are still 2013 amateur draft guys, but approx the top 10 are gone, so I suspect Turner trumps them anyway

There's also Tyler Beede from 2014 that interests me. Carlos Rodon is gone.

Any input especially re:Turner (as that's how I'm leaning) would be greatly appreciated. I find the international guys aren't picked through as quickly in my league, and I'm able to make a move for them ala Adalberto Mondesi the following December minors draft.

Thanks a lot

Summary : Turner (or an international guy)+Gausman for Chapman+Dietrich

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negative on NC, don't follow college.
wolfpack.jpg

NWO 4-Life

Before I answer this, if you're in a playoff spot, why trade Chapman and trade for a guy who's not really gonna help you in the playoffs.
Right now Chapman & Mujica are you only reliable closers. Everyone knows (including Beniot) that Detroit doesn't want him in the closer role and he's out of that spot the second they see another solution, and Uehara is only a placeholder in Boston despite what the manager has said. Trading Chapman will leave you with Mujica & Putz and while I like Putz there is no guarantee he will make it through the season considering he wasn't supposed to pitch again this year.

If you can't trade Benoit or Uehara and something comes up on waivers that you need, don't hesitate to drop one of them (I'd drop Benoit first).

I am aware of your affection of Gausman. He had 2 good years for LSU and while there is talent there, I think he's several years away from being a worthy ML pitcher (or should I say a consistently reliable pitcher). I know it's a dynasty league but I have a hard time justifying trading an established (and still young) ML player for the unknown and think you can get more for Chapman. Then again I understand getting fixated on a player, and I know when I get locked in on a player it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about him, I'm gonna get him. In that case, dealing Chapman is about the right price.

Derek Dietrick had good NCAA numbers and played will in A ball. He still could be a decent MI player but with years of growing pains.

As for who to take with the second player?
Trea Turner shows patience, could deliver a good average and has above average speed which are all good things. Now he still has to go through the minors and can learn a thing or two, but I hate these type of players. Everything about him relies on him hitting for a very good BA. He doesn't strike out a lot but he doesn't walk a lot either, and he has limited power so a lot of hard hit ground balls or line drives. Now he does show a patient eye so an increase in walks could still come, but you're still left with a powerless BA guy who is built on speed. And speed in NCAA doesn't always translate well to the majors. He has a lot of talent and I think he could one day be a good ML player. Fantasy wise, I'm thinking Juan Pierre with half the speed but a little more pop for comparison.

No clue about any of the guys from the international draft except Miguel Gonzalez, but I've only seen a few things on him and those reviews were mixed.

So your choices are
1. cut out the second player and just trade Chapman for Gausman.
2. trade Chapman/Dietrick for Gausman/Turner
Yes Turner is a wild card but he's only gonna cost you Dietrick so you're not losing much.

A third option would be to trade Chapman/Dietrick for Gausman/a worthy player on the waiver wire, but with 14 teams and deep rosters I suspect there's not much out there. I'd search the wire as If I'm getting Gausman for the future I might want the second player to be someone who can help me this year. If your wire is that bare then go with option 2.

The rest of the guys from this years draft you can take your time and read up on them and if one looks good to you, you can always grab him later. And If I see one that peaks my interest, I'll let you know.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks!!!
Gave me more to consider re Turner.
As of now, that owner is gone for 2 days so I have some time to scour available players.
I told him I'd need to find a hidden gem before i'd consider.
Thanks again