• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woj: Cavs fire David Blatt

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the things the Cavs have done so far since the firing of Blatt, but they need to sustain these things and improve the defense.
I like they have inserted Thompson into the starting lineup with Love. Now they are undersized and that could pose a problem for teams with a true center, but not many teams have a true center that is a scorer.
I like they have starting to run, pretty much the whole game. Not sure why they wouldn't take advantage of the young, athletic squad they have. Having Thompson in the starting lineup helps this too bc he can run with the fastbreak unlike Mozgov.
"The Big 3" have to realize their roles and do more of what they do lol. Kyrie is a great finisher and needs to attack. Lebron needs to play better off the ball (be a slasher, rebound off the ball, defend at a high level), he also needs to drive more and stop settling for outside shots, he shot looks awful. Love needs to get the ball at the elbow more and post-up, it will set up open guys and he is an underrated passer.

But they still needs to defend at a higher level, from all positions. It won't always be consistent bc Kyrie and Love are not great defenders, average at best, but hustle is part of it and a huge factor.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the things the Cavs have done so far since the firing of Blatt, but they need to sustain these things and improve the defense.
I like they have inserted Thompson into the starting lineup with Love. Now they are undersized and that could pose a problem for teams with a true center, but not many teams have a true center that is a scorer.
I like they have starting to run, pretty much the whole game. Not sure why they wouldn't take advantage of the young, athletic squad they have. Having Thompson in the starting lineup helps this too bc he can run with the fastbreak unlike Mozgov.
"The Big 3" have to realize their roles and do more of what they do lol. Kyrie is a great finisher and needs to attack. Lebron needs to play better off the ball (be a slasher, rebound off the ball, defend at a high level), he also needs to drive more and stop settling for outside shots, he shot looks awful. Love needs to get the ball at the elbow more and post-up, it will set up open guys and he is an underrated passer.

But they still needs to defend at a higher level, from all positions. It won't always be consistent bc Kyrie and Love are not great defenders, average at best, but hustle is part of it and a huge factor.
I was surprised when they fired Blatt and I laughed when they gave the position to Tyrone Lue, but I agree with the changes made to the team. This team might not be able to beat the Warriors, but they will certainly be in a better position to win if they sustain these changes as you said. It just makes good sense to run more and step up the defense.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... it makes me wonder what would have happened if LeBron had made his decision earlier about going back to CLE (or somehow let CLE know ealier, depending on when you think LeBron had his mind made up).

Blatt probably would've ended up with Kerr in GS and the Cavs probably would've ended up with a veteran coach.
Yep, and I think the blame should be on the FO for rushing that coaching decision when they knew there was at least a chance that LbJ would return to Cleveland.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TT has started 13 out of the last 18 games. From what I've seen, he was only overmatched against Drummond. (makes sense) I think Mozgov is looking better over time -- I think slowly his health & stamina is improving.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT has started 13 out of the last 18 games. From what I've seen, he was only overmatched against Drummond. (makes sense) I think Mozgov is looking better over time -- I think slowly his health & stamina is improving.
I agree- Mozgov looks a lot more mobile and agile the last couple weeks- like he can finally move like he was moving last year.

But you are right- having TT in the starting lineup has not really hurt the Cavs size wise- except against Detroit- and in those games with Mozgov you have a great matchup guy. TT deserved to start. Its clear he is better than Mozgov and with how the CAvs want to play- he just fits their style a lot better...I hope TT stays in the starting lineup--- in the East- a starting front court of LeBron, Love, Thompson is pretty damn versatile and deadly.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree- Mozgov looks a lot more mobile and agile the last couple weeks- like he can finally move like he was moving last year.

But you are right- having TT in the starting lineup has not really hurt the Cavs size wise- except against Detroit- and in those games with Mozgov you have a great matchup guy. TT deserved to start. Its clear he is better than Mozgov and with how the CAvs want to play- he just fits their style a lot better...I hope TT stays in the starting lineup--- in the East- a starting front court of LeBron, Love, Thompson is pretty damn versatile and deadly.

Love the new avitar, Wiggy.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Blatt just signed with a Turkish team in the Euroleague

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Blatt has accepted the Cavs' offer of a championship ring. I think its great. He obviously had a huge hand in it.