• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woah what happened to this place? This place used to be primarily a cfb forum.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mind you I only visit for the juicy political shit, the CFB part of this forum looks like barely anyone posts, even though it's the offseason.

Still used to slap back in the day. Have most people left?
I came here after CBS shit itself and most of their posters ended up here. After Covid this place pretty much died as far as CFB posting. Even during season there may be 1 or 2 game threads with about 10 people talking and that's about it. I go other places now for CFB because there is literally no one here to smack talk with except for the one person who thinks Minnesota is the greatest team on earth, and it gets old laughing at one person on a consistent basis.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year I’ve had less interest in CFB outside of my team. In a way, since CFP, portal transfers and NIL has pretty much taken the wind out of the sails. Only a function of time before CFB is as shitty as NFL.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year I’ve had less interest in CFB outside of my team. In a way, since CFP, portal transfers and NIL has pretty much taken the wind out of the sails. Only a function of time before CFB is as shitty as NFL.
The Portal makes sense, I never thought it was a good thing to make a player sit out a year just because they wanted to go to a different school. They wouldn't do that to Band members, so why do athletes have to go by that rule if you don't enforce it for every school activity. My personal opinion is to not allow incoming Freshman NIL deals until they have been with the School for a year. In just the few years of NIL we've seen to many kids choose a school specifically for NIL deals only to transfer out after their freshman season to the school they really wanted in the first place. I know its just a very small sample size, but it will become more rampant in the future. My only real issue with NIL deals is how Schools are getting involved in them when technically they are not supposed to, but there is no oversight so it will continue until its stopped.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Portal makes sense, I never thought it was a good thing to make a player sit out a year just because they wanted to go to a different school. They wouldn't do that to Band members, so why do athletes have to go by that rule if you don't enforce it for every school activity. My personal opinion is to not allow incoming Freshman NIL deals until they have been with the School for a year. In just the few years of NIL we've seen to many kids choose a school specifically for NIL deals only to transfer out after their freshman season to the school they really wanted in the first place. I know its just a very small sample size, but it will become more rampant in the future. My only real issue with NIL deals is how Schools are getting involved in them when technically they are not supposed to, but there is no oversight so it will continue until its stopped.
Agree wholeheartedly with this and would also like to see the spring portal close. If you decide to skip the end of season portal, go thru all the winter and spring offseason training then you've made that commitment and should live with it

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck. This thread brought me back.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, life offline is occupying all of my time.