• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WK 4 Computer vomit

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah mine is results based and uses a bit of the eye test. No results based ranking would look like this poll shown.

Its only based on results. Nothing else. Not really sure what you mean.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, the Massey Composite isn't a single computer ranking. It's a collection of many computer rankings and is a poll of the computer rankings. That would currently be 80 computer rankings AND it also includes the AP and Coaches poll.

Furthermore, not all the computers do have Ohio St #1. Some have Alabama #1 even with 1 loss. Georgia is #1 for some, Ole Miss is #1 for some etc.

And last years data is WORLDS better than limited data on the current year. You'll ignorant highlight the few teams that drop while ignoring the 95% that are generally accurate. Because that's confirmation bias is what dumb people do.

The kind of computer poll you think is good has West Virginia as #1 currently. And is also included.

TLDR: You dumb as usual.
image.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you would disagree. That's all it is good for. The entertainment purposes.

Yeah, which is more than you can say of the bleacher report.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you posting there all the time, could have sworn I've see a RaidaDave there
Lol. That is me. And the posting there...that is mostly for my entertainment. People there are would so tight! This is a totally different atmosphere here. People are more down to earth and knowledgeable. BR is all about getting people all up in arms and spouting out a bunch of BS. Lol. If that makes sense. Who are you there?

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and that's why the Colley looks like this...

1. LSU
2. Northwestern
3. Florida
4. Utah
5. UCLA
6. Texas A&M
7. Oklahoma
8. Indiana
9. Ohio St
10. TCU
11. Michigan St
12. Temple
13. NC State
14. Mississippi
15. Notre Dame
16. Georgia
17. Florida St
18. West Virginia
19. Iowa
20. California
21. Toledo
22. Navy
23. Memphis
24. Kentucky
25. Alabama

....and why the Hatch looks like this:
1Louisiana State
2Oklahoma
3UCLA
4Florida
5Temple
6Northwestern
7Utah
8Texas A&M
9Ohio State
10Michigan State
11Navy
12Texas Christian
13Florida State
14Michigan
15Indiana
16Toledo
17Georgia
18West Virginia
19Mississippi
20Clemson
21Notre Dame
22Kentucky
23Alabama
24Stanford
25Iowa

...and why the Vern looks like this:
1 Florida
2 Oklahoma
3 Texas A&M
4 Northwestern
5 LSU
6 TCU
7 Navy
8 Michigan St
9 Utah
10 Temple
11 UCLA
12 Miami FL
13 Ohio St
14 Minnesota
15 California
16 Notre Dame
17 Indiana
18 Mississippi
19 Clemson
20 Florida St
21 Baylor
22 Texas Tech
23 Duke
24 Memphis
25 Stanford

No predisposition for what happened last year. Only current results shape the rankings.
If they don't conform to your beliefs, tough shit. You can't argue with data.
....."OH WELL THAT'S NOT WHERE THEY WILL END UP".....
We will see now, won't we? Until then any rankings should be performed with the statistical data that is available that isn't based on teams that have changed personnel as players and coaches, etc.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any ranking that has tOSU #1 right now is not worth shit. We know the AP is a beauty pageant, but tOSU has not looked like the #1 team yet this year.
The coaches poll is pretty funny too. How many of these coaches really pay attention to anyone else except who is next on the schedule?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No predisposition for what happened last year. Only current results shape the rankings.
If they don't conform to your beliefs, tough shit. You can't argue with data.
....."OH WELL THAT'S NOT WHERE THEY WILL END UP".....
We will see now, won't we? Until then any rankings should be performed with the statistical data that is available that isn't based on teams that have changed personnel as players and coaches, etc.

If you had to make a bet today on the rankings from a computer:

Would you pick the computer rankings that use last years data, or would you pick one of the 2 rankings you have listed right there as being a more accurate reflection of where teams currently should be ranked, and where they will be ranked at the end of the year?

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would you pick the computer rankings that use last years data, or would you pick one of the 2 rankings you have listed right there as being a more accurate reflection of where teams currently should be ranked, and where they will be ranked at the end of the year?
That says it all right there.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would use this data in concert with my eyeballs to determine a wager. The VERN is the truest SOS out there right now. SOS doesn't mean as much right now because of the small amount of data available.

"Don't worry, it will all work itself out."

Too many variables at play between now and the end of the year. I cannot justify ranking a team somewhere because of what I THINK MAY HAPPEN or where some extrapolation of data without all the necessary connecting points directs me to look.

I'd much rather post weekly rankings that are justified by data that is built on the current team and their current performances with their current roster.

If we're going to base it off of where we think they'll end up, why not just choose one team? Do the rest really matter at that point?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would use this data in concert with my eyeballs to determine a wager. The VERN is the truest SOS out there right now. SOS doesn't mean as much right now because of the small amount of data available.

"Don't worry, it will all work itself out."

Too many variables at play between now and the end of the year. I cannot justify ranking a team somewhere because of what I THINK MAY HAPPEN or where some extrapolation of data without all the necessary connecting points directs me to look.

I'd much rather post weekly rankings that are justified by data that is built on the current team and their current performances with their current roster.

If we're going to base it off of where we think they'll end up, why not just choose one team? Do the rest really matter at that point?

You didn't answer the question.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't answer the question.
Yeah I did.

You're just too ignorant to realize it because it falls outside of your narrow scope.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I did.

You're just too ignorant to realize it because it falls outside of your narrow scope.

Strange because it seemed like I asked you a pretty simple question of which computer poll you would bet on, and you just avoided it completely by telling me you'd make up your own.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't use one, I would use several current ones that have no basis in last years data and combine that with my own intuition.

Nowhere have I stated that either or both of those polls would win you money at the book.

I thought we were talking about ranking/polling? I don't have time to chase rabbits son.