• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With 4 Ranked Teams, AAC is 3rd most represented in Top 25

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#17 Cincinnati
#19 Memphis
#21 SMU
#25 Navy

Only conferences with more are the B1G and the SEC. Huge shoutout to the AAC.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun league to watch for sure.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus @UCFhonors
Why did you start another fucking UCF thread.

wait a second.......

damn. My bad.

carry on.

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF should be ranked wherever uf is ranked. So the AAC should have 5 ranked teams more any other conference.

AAC #1

#UCFacts

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I watched that game Saturday night and the two teams were trash teams without defenses. Put them in a real league and they are probably 5-4, 6-3 at the best.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I watched that game Saturday night and the two teams were trash teams without defenses. Put them in a real league and they are probably 5-4, 6-3 at the best.

Just so we're clear, you do agree though all four of those teams would have their way with Tennessee right?

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so we're clear, you do agree though all four of those teams would have their way with Tennessee right?

Honestly, I don't know. They don't play anyone. I saw the QB just chucking up passes and players catching them with 2 defenders on them. In the SEC or any of the other Power 5 (except maybe the Big12), those passes would have resulted in INTs.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schedules are HUGE in college football. These teams look good because of their schedules. If you have to play multiple, physical tough teams in a row, the injuries stack up and sometimes the embarrassing losses as well. Teams in the AAC or Mountain West don't have to deal with that most years.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't know. They don't play anyone. I saw the QB just chucking up passes and players catching them with 2 defenders on them. In the SEC or any of the other Power 5 (except maybe the Big12), those passes would have resulted in INTs.

They're not as far behind P5 teams as you think. There used to be 6 power conferences, leagues expanded and we now have just 5. But these schools have better athletes than you think, just not quite the size and depth. The QB play last night was really good at times. These teams wouldn't be winning any P5 leagues but they'd all be in the top half I believe.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not as far behind P5 teams as you think. There used to be 6 power conferences, leagues expanded and we now have just 5. But these schools have better athletes than you think, just not quite the size and depth. The QB play last night was really good at times. These teams wouldn't be winning any P5 leagues but they'd all be in the top half I believe.

6-3 or 5-4 record that I quoted would put them around 5-6 in the league so I guess that would be top half. The thing is that when you play in a Power 5 league like the SEC for example, you may have to play Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, and Missouri in a row. Normally Kentucky wouldn't be that tough but after physical games with Florida and Georgia, that game is a brutal trap game. That is something these AAC teams like UCF don't have to contend with based on their schedule. (Even some power 5 teams *cough* Alabama *cough* also have easier schedules by design that sometimes avoid having multiple challenging games in a row).

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-3 or 5-4 record that I quoted would put them around 5-6 in the league so I guess that would be top half. The thing is that when you play in a Power 5 league like the SEC for example, you may have to play Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, and Missouri in a row. Normally Kentucky wouldn't be that tough but after physical games with Florida and Georgia, that game is a brutal trap game. That is something these AAC teams like UCF don't have to contend with based on their schedule. (Even some power 5 teams *cough* Alabama *cough* also have easier schedules by design that sometimes avoid having multiple challenging games in a row).

I can definitely agree with you on all of that.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can definitely agree with you on all of that.
Happened to UCF this year. Played a game against physical Stanford and looked flawless. However, the next game @ physical Pitt was a tougher nut to crack. Iowa State deals with this too. Staring down the barrel of @ Oklahoma and Texas back to back before ending with Kansas (easy game) and @ Kansas State. I'll be happy with 2-2 in that stretch and consider 3-1 successful! Of course, 4-0 sends the Cyclones to the Big Xii Championship Game @ Arlington. :)

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happened to UCF this year. Played a game against physical Stanford and looked flawless. However, the next game @ physical Pitt was a tougher nut to crack. Iowa State deals with this two. Staring down the barrel of @ Oklahoma and Texas back to back before ending with Kansas (easy game) and @ Kansas State. I'll be happy with 2-2 in that stretch and consider 3-1 successful! Of course, 4-0 sends the Cyclones to the Big Xii Championship Game @ Arlington. :)

Yeah I've noticed these teams are nimble. For example, I was watching the SMU vs. Memphis game. Pretty nimble big men on the lines, but size wise they're definitely a tad lighter looking. Then you watch a Florida vs. Georgia game, and their lines are ready for the NFL. Just massive and powerful on both sides of the ball. Having to go multiple games against those size of teams can wear you down real quick.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is another reason why not to trust the polls. Teams sometimes have back loaded schedules and can start off with crap and be 7-0 or 8-0 in the top ten for a while before they crash into their tougher schedule. Baylor is a great example of this currently.

Honestly, I am jealous because I hate having to play Florida and Georgia at the start of our SEC schedule every year. I think this has hurt Tennessee's ability to rebuild its program. Having them in November would allow us to build confidence with young teams.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitload of G5 teams are currently ranked:
(17)Cincinnati (7-1)
(19)Memphis (8-1)
(21)Boise St (7-1)
(23)SMU (8-1)
(24)San Diego St (7-1)
(25)Navy (7-1)

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitload of G5 teams are currently ranked:
(17)Cincinnati (7-1)
(19)Memphis (8-1)
(21)Boise St (7-1)
(23)SMU (8-1)
(24)San Diego St (7-1)
(25)Navy (7-1)
G5 is shining this year especially the AAC. Sheesh, UCF is very good but not even one of the ranked teams. Tulane is decent too.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I've noticed these teams are nimble. For example, I was watching the SMU vs. Memphis game. Pretty nimble big men on the lines, but size wise they're definitely a tad lighter looking. Then you watch a Florida vs. Georgia game, and their lines are ready for the NFL. Just massive and powerful on both sides of the ball. Having to go multiple games against those size of teams can wear you down real quick.
Yep. Told my wife at the start of the Ole Miss @ Auburn game that I would not be surprised if the Rebels gave them a scare. Not that I think Ole Miss is very good, but Auburn had just played back to back games @ Florida and @ LSU. Ole Miss caught them at the right time. Happens in all of the big conferences. It's not always about how good the other team is but what type of players one is facing.

Trap games are called trap games for a reason.

When teams like Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama and LSU make it look so easy each week, it's really because they are bad ass more than the opposition sucking. These are not teams just waiting to get exposed like Baylor and Minnesota. Iowa State had sweet first 8 game schedule too but tripped over their dicks in 3 very winnable games. However, even if they were 8-0, they would be facing "Truth Month" in November.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you mean they were Pac-12 or Big 12 teams?

uga8766

Supreme Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is more of a gap than you think. What happened when the one of the best AAC teams and currently the highest ranked G5 team met one of the best P5 teams? Then imagine that after that beating, Cincy still had to face Penn State, Wisky, and Michigan.