• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wisconsin stands no chance

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both teams play the way they have so far this season, then Wisconsin will win by double digits. That is just simple for anyone to see at this point. We have not played a game yet where we've played good enough to stay within 14 points of Wisconsin.

However, if both teams play the way they can (this requires us to play up to our potential for once), then I honestly believe Nebraska wins the game.

Wisconsin has shown a huge vulnerability on defense in stopping any sort of speed to the outside. Unfortunatley, we haven't much to guage on that yet, because the fastest team they've played is UNLV to this point :rolleyes:

Here is the sad reality of it all though.................Wisconsin will score points. That is a fact. There is nothing that our defense can do at this point to stop Wisconsin from scoring at least 1 TD per quarter. So our offense is going to have to be on the top of it's game. We can't afford to make any turnovers (aka, Taylor Martinez needs to play great).

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are within 10 points at the half we win . Book it Baby.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea which way the game will go. The badgers have looked pretty impressive if you look at the box score. But the competition has been sub par, to say the least. Of course, you could then assume that they have been holding a lot back against these lesser teams too. Nebraska has had to pretty much fight for each win.
I would not be surprised if Wiskey wins, nor would a Husker win shock me.

wiscohusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think UW will win UNLESS we have a pass rush that we're not showing. Wilson is a much better QB than UWash's is, and he gave us fits. If we can keep the 1st half scoring margin close, then we have a chance. If we have to play catch up all game, we're hosed.

The only other winner is......ME. I'm going. My friend has season tix and a house on Lake Kegonsa. Free ticket + Free lodging = more $$$ for booze
<-----WINNING

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that if we get behind early we are pretty much done for..........we really need to jump out early in that game and establish our presence

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think UW will win UNLESS we have a pass rush that we're not showing. Wilson is a much better QB than UWash's is, and he gave us fits. If we can keep the 1st half scoring margin close, then we have a chance. If we have to play catch up all game, we're hosed.

The only other winner is......ME. I'm going. My friend has season tix and a house on Lake Kegonsa. Free ticket + Free lodging = more $$$ for booze
^-----WINNING

i'm jealous. however that would be a long drive back if we get beat. i still can't wait for the game. i think its better when we don't know we are going to win. i hope the 'skers come out and surprise us with a W.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Huskers will win, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it happened. I think Wisconsin is the better team, and we are at home, but we are playing much stiffer competition than we have so far. I think it's pretty close to certain that if Wisconsin plays the same as they have on offense, we are going to score at least 28. I think Nebraska needs to score at least that to have a chance.

Things about Nebraska that concern me:

Rex (tell me he has a T-Rex nickname because he has to have a freaking T-Rex nickname with a name of Rex) - Wisconsin has shown some vulnerability to runs up the middle. Our ends and linebackers have been pretty good in pursuit, but you only get one shot at the back on a dive play, and we have had some uncannily bad luck blitzing the wrong guys.

Martinez running - Wilson is a great scrambler, but he doesn't really run designed plays like that, so I don't know how well we'll handle it. Obviously we're preparing for it, and it's not like we have never seen a mobile QB before, but unless you have Martinez's good twin on your scout team, you can't be sure what's coming.

Nebraska suddenly remembering how to play defense - You guys play where you SHOULD be playing at, and this game looks waaaay more dangerous.

Things about Wisconsin that concern me:

Tackling - We missed a bunch of tackles this last Saturday. We didn't give up many points, because South Dakota is South Dakota, but the thing about Nebraska? They AREN'T South Dakota. Crazy, I know. If you miss a tackle on Martinez, you might not have another guy have a chance.

Interior Defense - We've given up a number of good ground gains through the a and b gaps. Nebraska is a solid run team, and will no doubt go after those at some point.

Kicking - I'm not sure I trust French to make a 40 yard field goal. I'm not sure I trust him to keep the ball in bounds on kickoffs. I'm not sure I trust our coverage team to keep you guys behind the 40 when he does. Punting we are fine, because our punter is stellar, but our place kicker makes me nervous as HELL. If this turns into a close game, our kicker is a big disadvantage.

Secondary and QB depth - We don't have any depth left on the secondary; Brennan (Wilson's backup) coming on the field means if the game isn't over yet, it's over.

Things I'm not concerned about on Nebraska:

Martinez throwing - Short of a blown coverage, he's not a major threat. 50% completion rate, 4 tds and 2 picks. He'll probably get a few good throws in when we try to take away the run (option pass, play action), but if we end up in a situation where Nebraska has to throw to catch up or convert on a long 3rd, assuming our corners and safeties actually glance at the trainers sometime this week so they stop breaking shit, we'll be alright.

Things I'm not concerned about on Wisconsin:

Our run game - I don't know if we are as good as you guys are, but we are still very, very good. Ball and White are a great duo, and Wilson can take off if he needs to.

Our pass game - Your secondary has not played anywhere near the standards they need to in order to stop Wisconsin. Wilson is pretty darned accurate, and when he's a little off, our WRs and TEs have shown they can make really good catches. Or occasionally drop wide open TD catches. Same thing.

Our Oline - Wisconsin always has top notch lineman; this year is the same.

It'll be a fun game, no matter what happens. Good luck Nebraska. Just not as good luck as we have!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy cow that is long ^, but very good job pointing everything out.

We actually have labled our Pistol formation as the "T-Rex" formation since Taylor is the QB and Rex is the RB. But that is really the only thing where I've ever heard a reference made to T-Rex.

I think you are right that Wisconsin is the better team based on what we've seen thus far. I guess what it comes down to is this............1) have both teams played 100% to their potential? 2) who will play to their potential on Saturday? 3) have both teams shown everything they have to offer on both sides of the ball? 4) will there be surprises that either team will have to find a way to make adjustments to? 5) who will win the turnover battle?

There are plenty more things that I could list, but I don't have the patience at the moment :D

Bottom line, both teams have top notch talent and top notch coaching staffs..........if either team lays an egg in this game, I think it would be quite a shame. Should be a good one.

Good luck to the Badgers! I am so damn exited!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good analysis Vadered

Both teams have an equal shot at winning in my book, I don't think it will be a blowout as many think it will. 2 possessions at most to the victor. Turnovers will be a huge factor for us

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to smart, wisco and vadered for posting good stuff on behalf of the Badgers. It's monday and already you can feel it. Here's to a great event.....

And Huskers KICKING ASS.

anythingispossible

Dangling Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question was asked before which team is going to become Nebraska's new rival. Well here it is Stinking Badgers

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1

<-----WINNING

Who the fuck let CHARLIE SHEEN on the board? :charlie: WINNING

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We actually have labled our Pistol formation as the "T-Rex" formation since Taylor is the QB and Rex is the RB. But that is really the only thing where I've ever heard a reference made to T-Rex.

Well come on, Huskers! You can't let great names like that go by without a great nickname!

2 possessions at most to the victor.

I'd be surprised if Wisconsin won by more than 14, and downright stunned if the Huskers won by more than 14.

The question was asked before which team is going to become Nebraska's new rival. Well here it is Stinking Badgers

That sounds good, but it's hard to get a good rivalry going with folks you don't play every year. I guess we'll just have to have our rivalry in the conference championship game. :D

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<-----WINNING

Small world... my parents have owned a cottage on Barber's Bay for about a decade. I was up there last weekend. There's a lot of diehard Badger fans in the Stoughton area, so be prepared to be mocked if you are wearing Nebraska gear. Congrats on getting tickets, though.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is picking Nebraska.

Huskers going to shock the shit out of everybody. Will win by two scores...bank that shit.