• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Winning Time - HBO show

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the strike started before they finished writing/filming 10 episodes.... is where I'd start
So they had 7 in the can and then the strike started? That would make sense

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe maybe not... but would A kobe and shaq lead lakers show be entertaining??

i actually think they ended in a good spot...

A Kobe/Shaq part would have been good because of the "feud" between them that ultimately broke the team up and likely cost them another title or 2.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Kobe/Shaq part would have been good because of the "feud" between them that ultimately broke the team up and likely cost them another title or 2.

i feel like you laker fans need to understand the difference between an entertaining show, and a circle jerk... im sure you love both when it comes to the lakers... as i would if it was about the Yankees(loved the movie 61)....

But i dont think any non Lakers fan would want to see much past where they went...

if you want to make a documentary... that would be better at this point anyway...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel like you laker fans need to understand the difference between an entertaining show, and a circle jerk... im sure you love both when it comes to the lakers... as i would if it was about the Yankees(loved the movie 61)....

But i dont think any non Lakers fan would want to see much past where they went...

if you want to make a documentary... that would be better at this point anyway...

You seem fixated on circle jerks

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it really has much to with Lakers fans as much as it does with being an interesting story. You had arguably one of the best duos in the history of the league leading a team that was having a pretty dominant run together but couldn't get along.

There was all kinds of drama on those teams that got worse as the years went on.

You think only Lakers fans would be interested in that?

Take the name Lakers off and tell the same story with a fictional team name and it would still be an interesting story.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it really has much to with Lakers fans as much as it does with being an interesting story. You had arguably one of the best duos in the history of the league leading a team that was having a pretty dominant run together but couldn't get along.

There was all kinds of drama on those teams that got worse as the years went on.

You think only Lakers fans would be interested in that?

Take the name Lakers off and tell the same story with a fictional team name and it would still be an interesting story.

I didn’t say it wouldn’t be interesting. I’m saying that I think the show wouldn’t have been as interesting as a documentary about that.

I think part of why the show was successful was because it didn’t take itself too seriously. And because of that it was an over exaggerated version of the truth. With a lot of fiction.

It played like a comedy. But I think that it was also getting old quick.

Even if they went to the shaq Kobe that would not have been the next season. They still had to delve into the hiv story. Which would have been a total tone killer imo.

I truly think the show ended at a perfect time. I really think the fuck Boston/ best LA would have gotten old soon. Thought it already did.

Would I watch a documentary about the shaq/Kobe Lakers?? Absolutely, would love to see what people really say and thought.

I re