• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WINNING AT MILE-HIGH

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as big a deal as it once was, but after a pretty shaky pre-season, I thought the Raiders played pretty well.
I give Hue an A for his HC debut, he looked calm, well prepared and ran a pretty solid game plan. Condsidering the short pre-season for a rookie HC he was great.

Offense was able to capitalize on denver miscues, and for the most part, did not miss zach miller, DHB and Ford made some clutch possession catches, and Mcfadden was a punishing slasher. Reese picked right up where he left off last year, imo, the best FB in the NFL. On a rainy, sloppy track, the Raiders looked like the mudders out there, while the donkhos were slipping and sliding. The O-line looked pretty decent overall, protected the QB pretty well, and run blocking was strong, demerits for the false start penalties, we still need work in that area. Camp was not particularly sharp, did get careless with the ball a couple times, but didn't make the BIG mistake, and didn't wilt when the pass rush came, nice keeper, with a little help, for the final TD. Bush came on late and put the game away with some punishing runs up the gut.

Defense was solid up front all night, save for a few annoying offsides, and losing our cool after the whistle, other than that the D-line looks like it could cause problems for any opposition. The secondary performed pretty well considering the loss of asom, did miss a couple tackles, and got out of position several times for big gains on 3rd and long, yet another area that we still struggle to improve. Overall, played well against the run, which is def a step in the right direction, 1st and 2nd down we played pretty well all night.

Special teams were mostly excellent, the 63 yd FG, the 77 yd punt were incredible, and aside from the long return for the TD in the 3rd, was everything we have expected from what has been one of the best ST units in the league.

It wasn't one of the epic games like 59-14, but I think most casual viewers were surprised that the Raiders were that good and the donkhos were that bad. We will know more when we play a morning game with a short week to prepare. LOL, this game ended about 2AM Tuesday EDT.

:peace:

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha a win in any stadium is a big deal, however we still have a shitty QB!!

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha a win in any stadium is a big deal, however we still have a shitty QB!!

not trying to make a direct comparison, but everyone thought Raider great Jim Plunkett was washed up when he came to Oakland, and even when he was winning, he was always on the edge, he simply had the supporting cast that did what they had to do to win. Not saying its identical, but the pieces are there, for a great running attack speedy wide-outs, and possibly a dominating offensive line.

Our defensive line also has enormous potential, to give our fledgling secondary chances to make plays, and to take over a game.

I don't claim to be an expert, but I trust that the Raiders do have more knowledge than I about the capabilities of our QB.