• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have been saying for 3 years that this kid is legit. It's about time he is showing it. When healthy the Bears have the best group of skill position players in the league. Man o man I have never seen the Bears this loaded with offensive talent. Could you imagine what Brady could do with this much talent. Outside of Forte we are very young and could be great for a longtime. AJ White Wilson Bennett Forte starting together is gonna be very fun to see later this season.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have been saying for 3 years that this kid is legit. It's about time he is showing it. When healthy the Bears have the best group of skill position players in the league. Man o man I have never seen the Bears this loaded with offensive talent. Could you imagine what Brady could do with this much talent. Outside of Forte we are very young and could be great for a longtime. AJ White Wilson Bennett Forte starting together is gonna be very fun to see later this season.

I stopped reading at the bold.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't even compliment the Bears as a whole, without taking a shot at Cutler.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennet is not showing me much..... A.J.... can he play and be a number 1?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennet is not showing me much..... A.J.... can he play and be a number 1?

Martellus and Forte are their only real threat rights now. I don't know for certain, but I would assume MB is game-planned around by opponents.

If I were KC, Bennett and Forte would've been who I focused on.

I personally think he's a top 5 TE in the NFL right now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't even compliment the Bears as a whole, without taking a shot at Cutler.
If that's how you read it. I was thinking more of how Brady never has much to work with and what he could do with this much talent. Jay Jay was not a thought one way or another.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if Brady had 5 different play callers in 7 years. Including Tice, Kromer and Turner.

Last edited:

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming back on point... I like new threads!! Wilson has progressed and has played pretty well.
We have to remember that he was what... a 7th round pick, with "behavior" questions coming out of college.
His rookie year... Nothing is/was expected of a 7th round pick other then possibly some special teams work and scout team... and with his background many were just concerned that he would mature enough to stick around. Didn't he quit his college team, or something like that?
Last year he had the broken collar bone. Just bad luck... but I think that helped him mature some more, kept him humble. And now this year he's been called on. In all honesty I'm sure he didn't think he would be playing all that much- with a #1 pick, Jeffery going for contract, and FA Royal... Wilson was looking at #4 WR at best. He's been moved to #1...
I gotta say for all these no-name WR's- all this playing time is going to help a lot. Cutler is notorious for not trusting WR's and this is only going to give him more options... when the big boys do return, I can see a guy like Wilson playing a key role. With his speed he can stretch the field as Royal and Marty occupy the under/slot stuff, Alshon get's the intermediate/sideline back shoulders...and Wilson can fly.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson did not get much of a shot before, really do not know who the new favorite is going to be, just doubt Bellamy is gonna get many balls. Really dont know if he will find the field much when its AJ, White and Royal, with Forte and Bennett in the lineup. He might just be in when someone gets a blow instead of keeping Royal off the field. There really was not a whole lot of separation with Wilson and all his speed, and being the best of what we have available now is not saying a whole lot.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson did not get much of a shot before, really do not know who the new favorite is going to be, 1. just doubt Bellamy is gonna get many balls. Really dont know if he will find the field much when its AJ, White and Royal, with Forte and Bennett in the lineup. He might just be in when someone gets a blow instead of keeping Royal off the field. 2.There really was not a whole lot of separation with Wilson and all his speed, 3. and being the best of what we have available now is not saying a whole lot.

Dude you are so all over the map with almost every post...
1. Why are you talking about Bellamy?
2. Why are you discrediting Wilson's speed and separation? Honestly what's the point?
3. What the hell... his number was called, he needed to step up and did! Why attempt to minimize it?
Why can't you simply be happy for a hard fought win, in a game that not many of us thought they would?

Reread this- the first sentence you bitch about him not getting much of a shot...then you finish it with- "he still sucks" even with all scrubs playing (<that's the way it comes off at least) Do you see how confusing that is?

C

cubzzzfanincali

I thought Wilson did a great job against Peters, who looks pretty rough but what do you expect for a first-year CB who is only playing because of injury (sound familiar, Kyle Fuller?) He didn't gain tons of separation but he had Peters turned around and out of position a lot. Hey it wasn't anything for the ages but it was good enough from him for a win that would have been a total embarrassment to have lost after the Chiefs lost Charles, who pretty much their entire playbook revolves around. Shea played pretty well too, and hooray for Jay Cutler finally having an interception-free game. Good for him. He didn't have a great game either but good enough to win by simply not throwing the ball away.

Still, I sure hope the team isn't going too crazy about getting a one point win over a team that basically had no offense in an entire half of football. Yikes. On the the next compromised team, who we should definitely beat with the way they are playing right now.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't have a great game either but good enough to win by simply not throwing the ball away.
Wow... just wow... If Cali wants to call that a "game manager" type game then I have no idea what he thinks Good, Great, Clutch, or Elite looks like. Just Wow... way to say on message Cali.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey thanks for getting the thread back on point. But not to change the point but Cali is right. Cutler did not have a great game. But he was great when we needed him most. I'm warming back up to Cutler and think this new OC is useing him the right way. Well see if things continue to improve with Jay. If so he will be our QB a few more years. If he earns that, then it's good for everyone.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears played very conservative for most the game...opened it up when they had to, and had success doing it...thankfully.

It's tough to judge him too much with that patchwork line and 6th string receivers tho.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Bears played very conservative for most the game...opened it up when they had to, and had success doing it...thankfully.

It's tough to judge him too much with that patchwork line and 6th string receivers tho.

The Bears had "success" when Charles went out. That doesn't happen, they lose. Hey good for us, we've had shitty injuries too, sometimes they are bound to roll our way. But let's not get carried away. We had 12 drives....12...in the game because KC's offense totally evaporated. So us playing conservatively wasn't even really an issue. Getting 2 TDs and 2 FGs in 12 drives is fine most of the time for most teams. Not great, but good enough. Hey, LET'S ROLL. LOL!

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We play conservatively to protect the D. Don't get me wrong, i see tremendous improvement with them. But we rank 25th in opponents ypc and 28th in opponents passing efficiency. Our ranking in yards per game is due to our commitment to running the ball and controlling the clock. Keep it close and try to pull it out in the end.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My exact thoughts.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. They dont really know what the back end rotation WRs are capable of. That, and a rookie center that hadnt taken an NFL snap, Im not at all surprised they played it conservative until that was no longer an option.