• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson rated by the so called experts

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW can someone list the 12 QBs ahead of him? Haven't seen the list yet

This is what he said:

"I would rank these AFC signal-callers ahead of Wilson: Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Andrew Luck, Tom Brady and, possibly, Joe Flacco. And the NFC quarterbacks I would rank ahead of him: Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Eli Manning (despite his poor 2013 season), Matt Ryan, Matthew Stafford, Tony Romo and Nick Foles."

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Seattle was down 20 in the playoffs to Atlanta, Russell Wilson was under pressure. He had to score every possession. And guess what? He was pretty good, was he not?

He's under no pressure because his defense is good? Really? What about the fact that he was the most pressured QB in the league by opposing defenses? Does that pressure count?

And what about all the other players with great defenses? Did Jim McMahon have the second highest QB rating in NFL history? Trent Dilfer? How about 2005 Kyle Orton?

No. Of course not. Over the years we've heard every excuse in the book. At some point, can't you people just admit defeat and confess that Russell Wilson is really fucking good? Is it that hard?

When did I say he's not a good QB?

When I say he's under no pressure, I mean pressure to score points not actual pressure from the opposing defense. You don't think things will be different if he had to play with a defense as bad as the 2012 Saints or 2013 Cowboys where you needed to basically score 30 PPG WEEKLY?

Yes his comeback vs ATL was great but it was a one time deal and when you have a great defense as Seattle does, you know eventually your defense will get their act together and start forcing some 3 & outs and/or some turnovers also. On a bad defense if you go down 20 it is over for that game.

Russel is a good QB but all I'm saying is I'm not sure how he would be in a different situation with a shitty defense and in a pass first offense.

As much as you guys want to hype up Wilson, let's all remember he was shit for about a month and a half leading up to the NFC title game. I have the numbers to prove this

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what he said:

"I would rank these AFC signal-callers ahead of Wilson: Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Andrew Luck, Tom Brady and, possibly, Joe Flacco. And the NFC quarterbacks I would rank ahead of him: Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Eli Manning (despite his poor 2013 season), Matt Ryan, Matthew Stafford, Tony Romo and Nick Foles."

Ok so if that's his list Wilson is a top 10 QB. I would move Wilson ahead of Flacco, Big Ben, and Foles for sure

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what he said:

I'll give him Manning, Brady, Rodgers and Brees for sure.

The rest at are least debatable but there's no way you can say they are all clearly better than Wilson.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'll give him Manning, Brady, Rodgers and Brees for sure.

I wouldn't give him Brees. Wilson was just about as efficient as Brees was last year with MUCH less help. I think Wilson has surpassed Brees. JMHO.

I'd take Rivers over 'em both though; he has to be one of the most underrated players in the league IMO.

Andrew Luck will probably shoot right past 'em all though. We'll see...

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I say he's under no pressure, I mean pressure to score points not actual pressure from the opposing defense. You don't think things will be different if he had to play with a defense as bad as the 2012 Saints or 2013 Cowboys where you needed to basically score 30 PPG WEEKLY?

Yes his comeback vs ATL was great but it was a one time deal and when you have a great defense as Seattle does, you know eventually your defense will get their act together and start forcing some 3 & outs and/or some turnovers also. On a bad defense if you go down 20 it is over for that game.

Russel is a good QB but all I'm saying is I'm not sure how he would be in a different situation with a shitty defense and in a pass first offense.

As much as you guys want to hype up Wilson, let's all remember he was shit for about a month and a half leading up to the NFC title game. I have the numbers to prove this

I know what you are saying, but you are basing your opinion off a questionable premise (that QBs with good defenses have better stats) but ignoring a completely legitimate premise (that QBs with bad O-Lines have much worse stats).

The 2005 Chicago Bears were the clear #1 defense. Here's the stats of their quarterback: 190-368, 51.6% completion, 1,869 yards, 9 TDs, 13 Ints., 59.7 Rating. Despite what you want to think, good defenses don't suddenly inflate QB stats.

I mean, are you seriously saying if the Seahawks were bad, Russell Wilson would be like "8.25 YPA is too few, I need to go for more?" If Russell Wilson starts throwing the ball more, is he suddenly going to stink? After his first game, there's been seven games where Wilson has thrown more than 30 passes. He's 5-2 with a QB rating over 100.

I'm not sure what your point is. You are dealing with hypotheticals and saying "well maybe he wouldn't be good." But you are ignoring that in many ways, he is in a rough position: he's behind a bad line with average receivers.

In the same vein, one could say "Peyton Manning might be terrible behind a bad line. Let's not pretend he's that good." And while it seems preposterous (and it is), that's actually more valid than your argument. At least there, we have some evidence of Manning struggling. Here, you have no evidence and you still want to put don the guy with the #2 QB Rating ever. It's unbelievable.

If you'd have told me on Draft Day that Russell would have a 100.6 Rating after two years with a Super Bowl title, I'd have been relieved that I would have to stop defending the best QB of his generation from insane criticism. Yet here we are. He's done everything even his biggest backer have said he'd do and more, and you still are trying to bring him down. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you see Russell Wilson in the playoffs a couple of years ago vs the Falcons? He engineered one hell of a come back only to have the defense have a meltdown in the last 30 seconds of the game.

However I am sure nothing we can say will change your mind. So keep watching and check back. I love it when folks finally realize that Russell is the real deal.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see Russell Wilson in the playoffs a couple of years ago vs the Falcons? He engineered one hell of a come back only to have the defense have a meltdown in the last 30 seconds of the game.

However I am sure nothing we can say will change your mind. So keep watching and check back. I love it when folks finally realize that Russell is the real deal.

I have him in my top 10. What more do you want? Not like I'm shitting on him

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where's your numbers? Let's not cherry pick just a few games, please give us his overall stats.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quarter of the season is not just a few games

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i find funny is how many people still believe Luck is better than Wilson. Not!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
what i find funny is how many people still believe Luck is better than Wilson. Not!

Have to strongly disagree with that one. Wilson had the better season & deserves to be ranked higher for 2013, but the Colts last year (other than Luck) had no business even being a .500 team. They had 19 players on injured reserve including Luck's #1 receiving target in Reggie Wayne. That defense was downright embarrassing. His OL was one of the worst units in the NFL; hence his running game stunk like stank. With all that working against him the Colts still beat both SF and Seattle last year (before the injuries just got out of control).

Luck's performance last year was mind blowing IMO considering he was 22 going into the season with surrounding talent on par with Oakland. The man deserves all the credit he's getting and more IMO.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing that we are now claiming Luck is better than Wilson because "Reggie Wayne is his #1 receiver" and "his O-Line was bad." Wilson undoubtedly had a worse #1 receiver (Tate is worse than Wayne for sure, and likely Hilton as well) and almost certainly had a worse O-Line a well.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's amazing that we are now claiming Luck is better than Wilson because "Reggie Wayne is his #1 receiver" and "his O-Line was bad." Wilson undoubtedly had a worse #1 receiver (Tate is worse than Wayne for sure, and likely Hilton as well) and almost certainly had a worse O-Line a well.

Who's "we?" I already said Wilson had a better season than Luck last year.

I'm just giving Luck his due. And Seattle's OL was nowhere near as bad as Indy's. No way. Especially when Seattle's tackles got healthy. Look at Indy's running game; they averaged about negative 3 yards per attempt. They might've had the worst OL in the NFL. Even Seattle's backups could run-block.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Seattle was down 20 in the playoffs to Atlanta, Russell Wilson was under pressure. He had to score every possession. And guess what? He was pretty good, was he not?

He's under no pressure because his defense is good? Really? What about the fact that he was the most pressured QB in the league by opposing defenses? Does that pressure count?

And what about all the other players with great defenses? Did Jim McMahon have the second highest QB rating in NFL history? Trent Dilfer? How about 2005 Kyle Orton?

No. Of course not. Over the years we've heard every excuse in the book. At some point, can't you people just admit defeat and confess that Russell Wilson is really fucking good? Is it that hard?

Thank you :suds:

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle allowed 14 PPG which means all you need usually is 17 PPG to win which is nothing.

I would love to see how great Russel Wilson is if he didn't operate in a run first offense and if he played on a team that allowed 24 PPG instead of 14.

Say what you want but it's much easier to play on a team where you have a defense you can depend on. Other Qbs are under so much pressure because the defense is so bad that they feel like they must score points on every possesion
Gosh if only we could see what RW's stats are when he is trailing, oh wait we can.

2014 stats when trailing:
77/117 921 yds, com% 65.8, 7 TD, 5 INT, 91.9 QB Rating, 25 Rushing attempts, 209 yards, 8.4 yd avg, 1 td

If you say RW is around the 12th best QB, show me 11 QB's with better numbers than these while trailing

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gosh if only we could see what RW's stats are when he is trailing, oh wait we can.

2014 stats when trailing:
77/117 921 yds, com% 65.8, 7 TD, 5 INT, 91.9 QB Rating, 25 Rushing attempts, 209 yards, 8.4 yd avg, 1 td

If you say RW is around the 12th best QB, show me 11 QB's with better numbers than these while trailing

I clearly said he's in my top 9.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson averages almost 2 more yards per attempted pass than luck, threw 26 TD to Lucks 22 in almost 100 few attempts, had a rating over 100 AGAIN and has a completion percentage that is bested Luck's the past two seasons. Luck has more yards but he is playing in a offense that has him throwing like 40+ times a game. If Wilson threw that much he would easily surpass Lucks numbers.Case in point. In Wilsons first 2 seasons he has averaged 270.5 yards passing when asked to throw 30 times or better ( 8 games ), this puts him on a 4328 yards for a season if he threw that much.

When he needs to throw he is extremely successful when doing so. He can has and will continue to do so when needed to carry this team. He has done this with a worse set of WR and a worse OL than Luck plays with.

Only QB's i would think about taking over Wilson would be Manning, brady, Brees and that is it. I wouldn't take Rivers over Wilson in a million Years.

Last edited by a moderator: