• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Lions go 0-17?

Will the Lions go 0-17?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is there remaining schedule

At Steelers
At Browns
Bears
Vikings
At Broncos
Cardinals
At Falcons
At Seahawks
Packers

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be shocked at all, they had a historically bad defense last year, and when Stafford was hurt they lost every game. They then spent the offseason dumping the majority of the little talent they had. Adding the already absolutely terrible secondary got destroyed by injuries and you have a perfect storm for no wins. Lions are currently starting 2 UDFA in the secondary, and they are probably the best of the bunch.

That is not even going into the offense, which started the season with 2 wr with NFL experience....and they are both hurt, and their 2 best Oline are out. The only thing they had going for them is they played hard and did not quit, but that went out the window this week.

Lions are terrible by design, and I don't disagree with the decision. They now have an extra 1st, 3rd, and a 5th coming in the next draft and an extra 1st the draft after. They can actually build a foundation if they draft well. I just hope they don't blow it and reach for any of the QB's in the next draft.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of away games and their home games aren't exactly against easy opponents.

Ah the Bears will fuck it up. 1-16.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing really stopping them is if another team hands them a W on a platter as most bad teams get at least one of those a year.

They suck at pretty much every phase of the game except maybe OL.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of away games and their home games aren't exactly against easy opponents.

Ah the Bears will fuck it up. 1-16.

Back to back home games against the Bears and then the Vikings. They better have their team ready because those 2 games are their shot.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the thousand I put on them going under 5.5 wins is looking like the easiest money I've ever made. But as a long time Lions fan I can tell you it' was very hard to go 0-16. I remember Johnie Morton celebrating and say "Jay Leno can kiss my ass now." When the Lions finally won a single game. It took Matt Millen systematically destroying the franchise for 5+ seasons and still trading their best player during the season in order to accomplish their 0-16 season. 0-17 is obviously even harder than that. I wouldn't be surprised if this current team accidentally wins a game, or even two. It certainly won't be by talent, scheme, or coaching; but some other team might come in relaxed enough that they get caught. But I sure wouldn't bet on the Lions winning either.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing really stopping them is if another team hands them a W on a platter as most bad teams get at least one of those a year.

They suck at pretty much every phase of the game except maybe OL.
Without Decker and Ragnow the oline is not really a strength either. The RB's are solid though!

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is there remaining schedule

At Steelers
At Browns
Bears
Vikings
At Broncos
Cardinals
At Falcons
At Seahawks
Packers

I think they win at least one game somewhere...

Only 2 games presently do not think they have a chance..

@ Pitt - road and tough defense
Cards - very good team and probably still in tight race with Rams for NFC West

May not be favored in any of these games.. but still have a chance and coaches/players will fight tooth and nail to get 1 win
- Browns: Expect Browns win... but lost some of their luster now at 4-4
- Bears, Vikings: divisional opponents at home
- Broncos: Not much on offense... if low scoring always a chance with some breaks
- Falcons: Agree with RTK on this one... Falcons are not a very good team and if Ridley still not playing, offensively even less weapons
- Seahawks: Mostly depends if Wilson back... if still out a chance, but I expect back by this game and then very difficult
- Packers: Divisional at home... if Packers have a playoff seed locked up and cannot move up or down, maybe they sit a lot of starters. Lions winless 2008 season, Packers were they final opponent (Rodgers first year as starter).

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Sunday I would said no way but after a blowout loss to another bad team I thinks its very likely. They are a horrible, talentless team.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible but the Seahawks defense has a knack for making bad QBs look like stars.
Lol, you haven't watched many Lions games, huh? Remember that huge contract you gave to Matt Flynn? That was 100% due to the Lions. You're welcome btw.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be shocked at all, they had a historically bad defense last year, and when Stafford was hurt they lost every game. They then spent the offseason dumping the majority of the little talent they had. Adding the already absolutely terrible secondary got destroyed by injuries and you have a perfect storm for no wins. Lions are currently starting 2 UDFA in the secondary, and they are probably the best of the bunch.

That is not even going into the offense, which started the season with 2 wr with NFL experience....and they are both hurt, and their 2 best Oline are out. The only thing they had going for them is they played hard and did not quit, but that went out the window this week.

Lions are terrible by design, and I don't disagree with the decision. They now have an extra 1st, 3rd, and a 5th coming in the next draft and an extra 1st the draft after. They can actually build a foundation if they draft well. I just hope they don't blow it and reach for any of the QB's in the next draft.

Do you have any favorites out of the QB class?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, you haven't watched many Lions games, huh? Remember that huge contract you gave to Matt Flynn? That was 100% due to the Lions. You're welcome btw.
I remember that game by Flynn. The Seahawks were stupid to give him all that money based on such a small sample. Then they draft Wilson and Flynn becomes an afterthought.